Future Classes

Crate have said they’ll continue to support the game as long as it makes sense to do so. Why do you think they still put out patches and small content updates? But yes this

“It is not a matter of money, but a matter of happiness and good-natured.
To be happier than money.”

Crate want to try out other game genres and keep their employees happy and not bored/burnt out from doing the same things year after year after year.

1 Like

but … but … there are no bows in the game and they weren’t ever added to GD.

I understand.

But the question is why Creat did not create a class for the incomprehensible between:
Mess with class and between with “bow”.

I studied English from the 2nd form but I surrender to translate this properly.

3 Likes

That’s is item for Ranged (2H) for “Bow” -doesnt actually using, but this is bad class or build it.

For 5-6 year ago.

Because bows don’t fit their vision of the game; it’s that simple.

This is item and other item and building.

For “crossbow” classes

these are CROSSbows and rifles. no bows. just. no. f***ing. bows.
if you want to play ranged, just go Inq+demo.

1 Like

You need compatibility for this weapon, you need a class and another skill.
There is not one that works.
Because she’s generally the Inquisitor for Shotting Pistol.
And, a crossbow is only for other skills, that’s why we need a profession for crossbows.

I have a strong feeling that I’m talking to myself or don’t even understand what’s going on.

3 Likes

then why not make masteries for each kind of weapon? why stop on crossbows?

Crossbows, a good thing, because it’s all over a long distance than a pistol.
Because, the crossbow resembles Van Hellsing ( filmed by Jackman ) , who takes advantage of this.

than go and play Van Helsing?

Originally Crossbow with class, that’s is not game.

man, game devs don’t have to make real all your wishes and fantasies.
take it as it is.

No, this is an example at all.

Let’s better wait how the Zantai respond.

IF he responds. And if he does I can tell you how it’s gonna go. One of two ways and neither way is going to be what you want to hear.

7 Likes

Okay, if you’re right.

If you are wrong, we will live life and see.

Can’t believe I’m going to throw my two cents into this but…

Bows never fit thematically with Grim Dawn. It’s Victorian with magic thrown in. If you even remotely compare the our real world history in terms of technological advancements, the crossbow REPLACED the bow in warfare because it was a much easier weapon to learn and they could stick it in nearly anybodies hands. Bows required much more extensive training. Then lo and behold along came gunpowder, which was actually even easier than the crossbow to fire, in no small part due to the physical requirements to load the crossbows (even with some of the mechanical inventions to assist in that.) So it makes perfect sense that GUNS/POWDER is much more prominent in Grim Dawn than crossbows and that bows simply don’t exist.

And off the top of my head I can think of at least a half dozen builds that revolve around crossbows, so they do exist but much like the real world by the time Gunpowder was more prominent you didn’t see a whole lot of Londoners running around with the crossbow and cranks trying to defend the kingdom.

You can ‘want it’ all you want. But if the developers don’t think it fits thematically or cost wise, than that want is going to go unrequited.

1 Like

+10 for Monk, I had to buiId my own Monks and without mods for fist weapons was forced to play unarmed. Still got to level 80+! But a “profession” built around Monk and fist style weapons would have made the process much smoother!

1 Like