Future Classes

then why not make masteries for each kind of weapon? why stop on crossbows?

Crossbows, a good thing, because it’s all over a long distance than a pistol.
Because, the crossbow resembles Van Hellsing ( filmed by Jackman ) , who takes advantage of this.

than go and play Van Helsing?

Originally Crossbow with class, that’s is not game.

man, game devs don’t have to make real all your wishes and fantasies.
take it as it is.

No, this is an example at all.

Let’s better wait how the Zantai respond.

IF he responds. And if he does I can tell you how it’s gonna go. One of two ways and neither way is going to be what you want to hear.

7 Likes

Okay, if you’re right.

If you are wrong, we will live life and see.

Can’t believe I’m going to throw my two cents into this but…

Bows never fit thematically with Grim Dawn. It’s Victorian with magic thrown in. If you even remotely compare the our real world history in terms of technological advancements, the crossbow REPLACED the bow in warfare because it was a much easier weapon to learn and they could stick it in nearly anybodies hands. Bows required much more extensive training. Then lo and behold along came gunpowder, which was actually even easier than the crossbow to fire, in no small part due to the physical requirements to load the crossbows (even with some of the mechanical inventions to assist in that.) So it makes perfect sense that GUNS/POWDER is much more prominent in Grim Dawn than crossbows and that bows simply don’t exist.

And off the top of my head I can think of at least a half dozen builds that revolve around crossbows, so they do exist but much like the real world by the time Gunpowder was more prominent you didn’t see a whole lot of Londoners running around with the crossbow and cranks trying to defend the kingdom.

You can ‘want it’ all you want. But if the developers don’t think it fits thematically or cost wise, than that want is going to go unrequited.

1 Like

+10 for Monk, I had to buiId my own Monks and without mods for fist weapons was forced to play unarmed. Still got to level 80+! But a “profession” built around Monk and fist style weapons would have made the process much smoother!

1 Like

I’d love to see an Air Bender~ish monk in GD2.

1 Like

Id be down for anything as long as it had some Naruto Taijutsu flavor, IE; the 8 inner gates, where you could buff the hell out of your damage, OA, DA, and total speed for a short period of time with a long cooldown, which would reduce your damage, OA, DA, and total speed for its duration.

Thats how I built my most successful Monk in this game (a battlemage). To achieve these means, I had to design the build around these elements;

TRIGGERED DEVOTION ABILITIES;
Turtle Shell (Tortoise): Survivability
-Bound to Field Command
Arcane Barrier (Crab): Survivability
-Bound to Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange
Ghoulish Hunger (Ghoul): Survivability and attack speed boost
-Bound to Overguard
Messenger of War (Messenger of War): Movement speed and some retaliation
-Bound to Maiven’s Sphere of Protection
Fist of Vire (Vire, the Stone Matron): Stylish ability that symbolizes a devastating punch
-Bound to Presence of Might
Ulzaad’s Decree (Ulzaad, Herald of Korvaak): damage boost
-Bound to Markovian’s Advantage

TRIGGERED CLASS SKILLS;
Arcane Will (Arcanist passive): Damage boost
Fighting Spirit (Soldier passive): Damage boost
Will of Menhir (Soldier passive): Survivability

TOGGLED CLASS SKILLS;
Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange (Arcanist): Added power and Energy Regen
Maiven’s Sphere of Protection (Arcanist): Survivability
Field Command (Soldier): Survivability and OA

TOGGLED ITEM SKILLS;
Presence of Might (Rare Craftable Component): Survivability

ACTIVATED CLASS SKILLS;
Mirror of Ereocretes (Arcanist): Temporary Invulnerability at the height of the 8 inner gates. This essentially represents the final gate, because once it wears off you need to run away and recover while the cooldowns roll out.
Overguard (Soldier): Survivability

ACTIVATED ITEM SKILLS;
Mana Infusion (Sacred Talisman Relic): Primary damage magnifier.

CONSUMABLES;
Aether Cluster: Used for temporary damage reduction while damage boosts are active.

1 Like

What about a Cook class where all abilities are cooking and kitchenware related?

Or a Steampunk class where you are a pipe with a pressure gauge?

2 Likes

I do think a monk could ‘work’ within the context of Grim Dawn, BUT - and you knew there was a but(t) - it would have to be grounded within the context and aesthetic of Grim Dawn. So anything even remotely anime-ish (or Diablo 3 ish monk - which is my second favorite D3 class by the way) would be a down side to me. I could see something like Cain from Kung Fu. While it’s a bit of a stereotype and I don’t like stereotype that aesthetic would be more appropriate. Something that harkens to the toughness and condition of the monks in the Himalayans and such. The use of the elements air/earth/fire/water (lightning/physical/fire/cold) would be bread and butter of the class. Whatever that vast mountain range to the west of Asterkarn and Ft. Ikon could be where they hail from.

Heck I don’t know. I’d like to see something that uniquely blends the traditional monk with the grim dawn style/tone.

Okay. I was like “stop dreaming, it won’t gonna happen…” but than this:

Now i really want a cooking class. Give this guy/girl/genderfluid a job, he/she/them have great ideas and know what to do.

1 Like

Especially after ulgrim gave him a few pointers and his stew actually started getting good.

1 Like

Next expansion can be hells kitchen, the backstory of this new class to show how they survived and made it to become champion

Any class that would require an specific weapontype that is outside of the sword axe mace Holy Trinity would require unique animations for them, and I recall Zantai saying that would be too much work and that they would need a talented developer team to do that.

I would also like to play as an attack helicopter. Zantai pls :helicopter:

2 Likes

Yeah a apache helicopter pls <3