Fx in skill

Another question, i have many armors and many textures for each 1 type of armor have 10 colors, and i need a way to player can change color, for example i want to all droped armors will be gray color and player decide what color he need for this armor and change it, may be it possible like potions in titan quest? or some way in smithing?

The Dye mechanic from TQ wasn’t particularly sophisticated, so I don’t get the impression you could make use of it.

The simplest solution I can think of is to have a smith NPC that has a fixed selection of blueprints available that allows you to swap out the “uncolored” armor for various desired colors.

Thx, Can you tell how i can do this? i tryed but when i put item dbr like reagent in blueprint, its not working

Going into it step by step would be entire tutorial in itself, haha.

I’d recommend dissecting existing blacksmith/blueprint dbrs, such as those that craft legendary items.

1 Like

Hi. https://gifyu.com/image/EU1r How i can add some blood fx to this?

Can’t you just add a death effect to the enemy? Each creature has Death Paramaters, just find the deathEffect field and add an effectentity. Crate has a bunch of premade blood explosions, you can probably just reuse those.

i need to blood will stay with detached parts, death effect works on center of model

Hi Emrakul, the field you’re looking for is ‘ragdollDecal’ under Actor Variables:

Please note the Decal selected must be the ‘DecalType’ class (usually named “FXdecal_____”) or it will not work.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

https://gifyu.com/image/Eabb How can I make sure the sleeve doesn’t disappear after a fall? for example, I noticed that there are blood decals that appear after killing monsters

Hi, how i can animate that part when it shooting?

Hi Emrakul,

Unfortunately, as far as I know, we don’t have a method for attachments using animations controlled via skills. The best solution I can offer you is a bit clunky and would result in the gun barrel constantly spinning, even when idle. If that’s something you’d like to try, the basic idea is this:

your item (gun) references an invisible mesh in the Actor Variables field. That invisible mesh uses a .mif file that has an FX using the FxMesh type template. The mesh FX dbr points to the actual gun mesh and the animation field points to your rotating barrel animation. Again, this will result in the barrel constantly spinning. Perhaps some other modder might have some ideas for how to control the animation and possibly sink it up to a skill, but again, I can’t think of any way to do it at the moment.

Hope that at least somewhat helps!

may be it possible with “create entity” in aif? but i dont know how it setup to disseaper after shoot

Hello, Can I somehow isolate the modification from updates? after each update, many changes fail because they use the original files, but my mod is so large and uses so many files that are based on the original that after balancing certain things, the update comes out and everything changes, many hours of work are wasted, it demotivates. Is there any way to avoid update difficulties?

Not really, other than trying to minimize the overlap between your mod and vanilla GD.

Whenever a new GD version comes out you then have to check if there are any changes in that overlap and decide how/whether to adopt them in your mod, nothing you can do about that part.

Hi, please i need help, how i can resize this window? image

Hi Emrakul,

Wow, that’s a large lad you got there, looks like you’re going to need to reposition the UI camera for the character window:

Play around with the x,y,z offsets and possibly the targetPoint.y parameters. Please note if you move the camera too far back, you might have to adjust the far plane as well.

Hopefully that helps!

Thanx a lot! it works) yea, space marines is 2-3 meters)

1 Like

Hi, i m sorry, need help again…
I have a problem, I need to visually replace all the items in the game. and I noticed that most DBR weapons and armor are also used by enemies / NPCs. But according to my idea, the weapons and armor of the space marines are unique and can only be used by them. And after replacing DBR files, monsters equip these items, what solutions are available?

“Hi, i m sorry, need help again…
I have a problem, I need to visually replace all the items in the game. and I noticed that most DBR weapons and armor are also used by enemies / NPCs. But according to my idea, the weapons and armor of the space marines are unique and can only be used by them. And after replacing DBR files, monsters equip these items, what solutions are available?”

I have a solution for armor, i can change the gender of all humanoids to female, and prescribe the original mesh for the female character in the item’s parameters. But what about weapons?

There is no workaround for that. Loot tables would need to be updated for monsters.