Game deals

Yea, the teleportation system sucks balls in Knoxx’s Secret Armory. Ah well…

Yep I know :smiley: I can how ever see the + sides to any of these systems as well as the - but as long as a disk comes out through retail I’ll be there to buy it and when the day does come that it all goes digital then I’ll have a library behind me to fall back on :wink:

Yeah. The main missile would fire other missiles from itself in random directions. Kinda like a perpetual cluster bomb, of rockets, that goes on forever.

I take it you never went to a movie theatre ? :wink:

2 totally different things :smiley: after all my comments are in reference to Computer Games :wink:

more like buying a dvd and not getting the disk

more like breathing and oxygen… oh wait what:eek:

Good Old Games will be running a promo soon celebrating GamesCom 2010. It will be 40% off Gothic 2 Gold, Spellforce Platinum, Painkiller Black, and The Guild Gold. 25% off Realms of Arkania series as well.

You can visit the sales page now, but cannot buy through it until the sale has officially started:

Stalker 1 and 3 are on offer for 7.50 on Steam. Not sure what happened to part 2 there…

Anyway, I’m not a big fan of Stalker (only played the first a bit), but some people swear by it.

I also bought Foreign Legion: Bucket of Blood. It is what it appears to be; a budget title which you can finish under an hour in total (and even than it feels very repetitive) - and than continue to best time scores. There’s an online scoreboard to see how you hold up against other players.
It looks good imo. But it’s a very basic shooter. You can’t crouch, you can’t cover, you can just aim and shoot. You’ll get better weapons as you level up.

I think it was hardly worth the 2.50 though, but if you’re looking for a short, timewaster, you’ll be ok.

Impulse has SimCity Societies up for $9.99 this weekend.

Not the most advanced City Builder and in no way shape or form is it SimCity 5 but its certainly worth $10 to build a distopian future and then blow it up.

I picked it up for my Wife who is just getting into City Builders as a warm up to some SimCity 4.

What about this?
http://www.feedthepc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=184

I’m doubting about Simcity Societies. I saw it in a bargain bin for 5 euro’s in a local store and I’m still looking for a decent citybuilder (currently I only have Tropico 3, which is ok-ish).

Also, on Steal there’s an indie shooter on sale, €1,80 for a single copy, €5,40 for a 4pack. Seems like a pretty good deal, but to me it’ll probably be just another game I won’t play.

Ok, now I’m in the correct thread!

So just to re-cap. There’s a game called Plain Sight for sale on steam for $2USD. Looks like a platformer of sorts… definitely looks different.

Missed out on the borderlands sale a couple weeks ago. I ummed and ahhh’d but didn’t buy it. I should have! Never wanted to pay $80 for it. Hopefully it’ll come back on sale again and as Yerk said in another thread, maybe it will when a new DLC is released.

I picked up Champions Online for $8 in my local EB Games not long ago. Haven’t opened it.

Plain Sight is a trippy third person brawler kinda. The platforming revolves around floating elements, sorta like super mario galaxy I guess. You don’t actually get points from killing other players, but by killing other players and self-destructing before you’re killed.

Mount & Blade: Warband on Steam this weekend only for $10.20

The thread was being derailed, so I’ve moved all the Mount & Blade posts to that thread where they are better suited. Hopefully this will get things back on topic.

If anyone’s been curious about Global Agenda, now is a good time to check it out. It’s 25% off from their digital store which works together with coupons giving another 15% (I still have 4 left that I’d be glad to give away, I get a silly hat if people use them), ending up in a 36% discount.
It ends up at 19 euro for me, I’ve no idea what their prices are for other regions. Doing a quick conversion it comes out at $24.3 and £15.8

They removed all monthly fees so buying the game gives you full access to all it’s content. There’s also an infinite-time trial which only caps your level at 12 - you can check out all the classes and the low tier random arenas.

If you’re unfamiliar with it, it’s basically a team fortress mmo with a persistent metamap. Saying the PvE is ‘basic’ is being generous, so it’s mostly if you’re into the idea of TF2 style arenas except with some light RPG progression, character customization, and fighting over controlling resources.

Stuff on offer on Impulse:

I would want to say that the THQ bundle is interesting, but unlike Steam’s THQ bundle, this one only features the old games.

Nothing for me there, unfortunately.

Company of Heroes bundle (with both expansions) on Steam this weekend only for $12.49.

I’ve been umm’ing and ahh’ing at Global Agenda since it was first released. It’s the part of me that’s just waiting for the next Anarchy Online… and I know GA is totally different… I think it’s the SCI-FI setting. Fantasy is so old now.

Anyway, getting off topic. This is such a tempting offer. I just don’t know… buying Warband was a waste of money… Played it for 5 mins… bored.
Would hate to buy GA and suffer the same thing.

36% off is good.