Game deals

Steam: Company of Heroes Sale

Company of Heroes: $2.49
Opposing Fronts: $4.99
Tales of Valor: $7.49

CoH Complete Pack: $12.49

This is one of the best, most under appreciated RTS games ever made. If you like RTS Games, just buy it.

Also, not on sale but dirt cheap:

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templar Directors Cut $9.99

Unlike the Monkey Island Special Edition, they have added new content to the game, telling the story of Broken Sword from from the perspective of Nicole.

If you are old fan of point and click adventures, or of the Broken Sword series this looks set to be a lot of fun.

Try out the demo and do a few matches in the Mercenaries mode, which should give you a basic idea of the gameā€™s main focus. Forget about the PvE entirely, since even if you like it, thereā€™s so little of it that youā€™ll burn through the only ā€œquestsā€ in 2 or 3 days, and the only thing thatā€™s left are random instanced missions.

If youā€™re not feeling the mercs matches, then you can safely skip the game. The endgame is basically the same thing except a little more organized, and that youā€™re fighting over controlling hexes in a risk-style metamap.

Too lazy to make a new thread about this. This is not a game deal but mythos beta signup.
http://www.mythos-europe.com/en/index.html

Beat me to it Alexei. Was going to do this several hours ago when I got to workā€¦ you just reminded me I forgot, now itā€™s almost time to go home. :smiley:

Signed up!

D2D having a 6 year anniversary thing with a bunch of games for $6 (or Ā£6 for us lowly europeans). Apparently it will be a ā€˜new deals every dayā€™ thing. One of the games there is the Titan Quest bundle.

http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/promos/d2d-turns-6/

Iā€™m not sure, but I think you can choose between the different countries. You might have to pay VAT for the $ option though.
EU and US.

vvvvvv is an indie platformer. It has interesting idea(s) packed into each room.

Depending on your system and reflexes, it can be frustrating at times. Some areas require quick accurate timing, requiring almost a muscle pattern memory. This wouldnt be so bad but I think modern systems have problems with consistenly receiving input and presenting 2d graphics.

It also has good chiptunes.

Soā€¦ new titles on Steam. Sega Genesis games? For $2.99 a piece? Ummā€¦ Iā€™ll pass.

Haha, theyā€™ve been there for a while. Unless they added MOREā€¦

Iā€™ve still got mine, my dad bought this ridiculous remote that has like 10 genesis games on it :slight_smile:

Star Wars deals the whole week on Steam. Today is Knights of the Old Republic for 2,25. I guess Iā€™m finally getting it than.

I like the game so far. Despite the first thing doing after dlā€™ing it from Steam was to download a nocd patch so that I could install a widescreen resolution - and my characterā€™s face looks like a Goomba.

But even only a few minutes in the game Iā€™m pretty convinced Iā€™m going to enjoy the title :slight_smile:

More Star Wars stuff on Steam. Star Wars Battlefront II for 4,50.

Also, on Direct2drive thereā€™s: Star Wars Galaxies: The complete online adventure for 4,95 (only for North-Americans though). Paying for a game that charges a monthly fee just sounds wrong to me. Well, monthly fees sound wrong to me anyway, heh. I guess itā€™s currently as expensive as a monthly fee anyway.
D2D also offers Grand Ages Rome for 7,50, only in America!

Regarding KotOR: Itā€™s a truly wonderful game. The only downside is that I realized that EVERY SINGLE THING in the Mass Effect universe is a complete rip-off from KotOR. At least the games are from the same companyā€¦

There were always these weird quirky things in Mass Effect I couldnā€™t really placeā€¦ well, now I know why theyā€™re in the game. Weird mind attacks, the blue tailheaded space chicks, choice menu, intergalactic space travel, team setup, weaponry, pretty much the entire universe was copy-pasted with upgraded gfx and changed names (Iā€™m guessing solely due to copyright issues).

Itā€™s much more fun playing an evil Jedi than playing a moderately evil generic spaceguy with weird, non-fitting jedi-like powers though.

Just like damn near everything in Dragonage is a rip from Neverwinter Nights.

Still great games and its nice to see Bioware expand to their own IPā€™s rather than have to deal with the shit that Lucusarts and WoTC put them through.

True, the gameā€™s not any less fun because of it. In fact, playing KotOR I almost want to fire up Mass Effect again. Almost, I donā€™t think the replay valueā€™s enough though.

I picked up Blacklight: Tango Down from Impulse for $3.75. Itā€™s a game I figured looked pretty bland and forgettable, but at that price I was willing to check it out since I quite enjoy shooters with some type of twist like tribes, battlefield, UT, etc.

The game runs fine on max settings on my average rig and the shooting feels good, but there doesnā€™t seem to be anyone playing online - which is a pretty big deal since itā€™s an online focused game. Thereā€™s only 4 singleplayer maps and theyā€™re pretty basic.
Edit: Got a couple online matches going, so thereā€™s some people there at least. Judging by everyoneā€™s levels being pretty low Iā€™m guessing they were all people who had bought it on the sale.

Weekend deal on Steam!!!

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers = 4,99 usd :rolleyes:

expantion 1 = 2,49 usd :rolleyes:

expantion 2 = 2,49 usd :rolleyes:

full onlock = 6,49 usd :eek:

If you buy all separately sells for 16.47 usd. :cool:(1 usd cheaper than the complete pack that costs 17,49 usd)

Duels of the Planeswalkers - Complete Pack costs 16 euros over here (50% off).

Iā€™m not planning on paying money for shareware and 16 euros is a bit much for a game I donā€™t know. Does look interesting though.

Iā€™m trying to figure out what the difference is between;
Duels of the Planeswalkers - Deck Collection
and
Duels of the Planeswalkers - Complete Pack
other than 10 bucks.

DotP has an expansion which provides a few new decks and challenge fights. No idea what deck collection is, could be the unlock pack that allows you to start with unlockable decks.

The game is ok, if youā€™re into MTG. If youā€™re not, itā€™s still ok. Fun for a while, fun with friends, but it gets stale. (unlike the real card game, where itā€™s so much better lol)

Well, Iā€™m not into MGT. But if itā€™s ok either way, heh, that seems rather ehā€¦ uninformative.

Iā€™ve met all the personality requirements to play the D&D and M:TG type board and cardgames, but somehow I never got the opportunity to fully give in to my geekdom. Weā€™ve only ever had mainstream stuff here. No divergent comic books, only family board games, standard card decks, popular tv-series, blockbusters and games that were succesful on the other side of the ocean.

I blame the cowardice of the european market for not introducing such stuff into our continent, as well as the american market for ignoring us completely. One good thing about globalization is that it seems to be shifting somewhat in the right direction now.

At least we have the better musicā€¦