GD Acronym and Abbreviation List

I sometimes see in titles (g3) (g2) etc what about these? What do they stand for?

Any build name may have codes preceding them. The codes are :

• Melee - consist of builds that require you to physically swing at the mob and/or them swinging at you.
  • Ranged - use Ranged Weapons
  • Caster - Builds that primarily use skills that do not involve %weapon damage.
  • Pet - self explanatory[/li] [li]hc : Hard core character.
  • u : The build is capable of playing on ultimate difficulty.
  • c : is viable for crucible
  • c+: can clear crucible on gladiator difficulty
  • d : The build has a downloadable save file associated with it. Check the build’s thread for the link.
  • vid : The build has a video associated with it. Check the build’s thread/post for the link.
  • g# : The build is dependent on specific gear with a value ranging from 1-5. The higher the number, the more gear dependent it is.
  • l : The build has a leveling/progression guide.
2 Likes

Thank you powbam!

Note that if you have the Forgotten Gods expansion then these are no longer used for builds anyway. Each compendium (V anx IX) tells you what these stand for as far as builds go.

Actually if you go to the latest compendium and look at latest submissions you will find that they indeed use the “g” tag and others still. Its use however is not mentioned by Stupid Dragon in the thread.

I should have specified g tags particularly I guess. Stupid Dragon explains why he dropped it.

I’ll take your word they still use them powbam, but I didn’t see any in the few builds I looked at. :woman_shrugging:

Some people indeed still use this term. It takes time for habits to go away.

Been wondering what’s MC mean? it was in the build guide for Eye of Reckoning skill

Main Campaign

1 Like

Oh! gotcha, I thought it was something else, thanks for replying!

I should have looked for this much earlier lol. Thank you.

No results for SSF?

Solo Self Found, i.e. nothing from other characters or from transfer stashes, if you want to be absolutely pure about the definition. Some people will use stuff from their transfer stash, but usually it means items only found by that particular character as they progress through the game.

Thank you so much, strange that it was surprisingly hard to find. Not even in the GD Wiki!

It was probably not as popular ~5 years ago when the OP was last updated.
Also it’s a general ARPG term popularized by PoE I think.

At least I know what OP means. Thanks tqFan.

LoL I always thought that means Stricktly Self Found! since you strictly follow your current character drops and solo means usually by yourself, alone :rofl: I mean, Is there another way like not solo self found? Like Multiplayer self found? Maybe…

1 Like

This was just asked on reddit:

EoR = Eye of Reckoning (Oathkeeper skill)

Other OK’s skills also have abbreviations:

• Vire’s Might = VM
  • Righteous Fervor = RF
  • Guardians of Empyrion / Scions of Dreeg = bois

I’ve just run across an acronym/abbreviation on reddit that I’ve no idea what it means. So, what does “SC” stand for, anyone?

EDIT: Solo Campaign, maybe?