GD - Most enjoyable game I currently own!

I thought I’d finally say Hello & a huge thank you to Crate Entertainment! I rarely join game forums for various reasons. :wink:

I only joined Steam late 2016 because of Grim Dawn. I’d been grinding away at Diablo III ROS for a couple years and was bored! I’d put off Steam for years for the same reasons as many gamers. but Steam has been listening & have relaxed or fixed several issues. Especially for people like me who live in a Country with unreliable Internet. A serious problem I have with Diablo since even in single player you HAVE to be online (not bashing Blizzard, just stating facts). I even bought a copy of GD from GoG on a big sale last year, just in case! :wink: I put it on my Dell Precision M6700 laptop & can play in bed! :stuck_out_tongue: Sad, I know! :o I have almost no life in the Real World! After more about 6 decades, I’ve had more than enough of the RW to last several lifetimes! Did the “All work” part (to excess), now “time to play!” :smiley:

Forgotten Gods is the first DLC I’ve been excitedly awaiting for any game the past decade, whatever the price! Crate has shown their pricing is very fair and more importantly, excellent value! :smiley:

I’ve been gaming since the 70’s on Mainframe, built my own PC from a kit in '75, then bought a TRS-80, then my beloved BBC B+! Loved playing Elite! (Just got Elite Dangerous: Commander Deluxe Edition on special via Humble. Haven’t installed it yet, too busy with a new character on GD!) :smiley: Created a couple games on the Beeb (very basic compared to today’s games of course!) Then DOS, CP/M, Commodore 64 etc. I own hundreds of games (not counting the hundreds I still have from my old machines).

My current favourite is Grim Dawn! Thank you for all the hours of fun!

Anyway, really just wanted to say thanks to the Dev’s and explain why! You saved my sanity. :smiley:

I wish Crate many years of success and pleasure, and also to the other players!

2 Likes

you’ve been around for a while (from before I was even born…)
welcome to the forum!

Glad to hear that after nearly 50 years of gaming, Grim Dawn comes out in the top of the pile!

Welcome to the community!

I’d kill for a peep at this guys OG game collection…

My most cherished stuff is Zork I and Frogger for the IBM 5150.

That’s a fine pedigree. Just one thing: Why u no Spectrum :smiley: Welcome!

Hi & thanks for the welcome. :smiley:

My very first MF game was tic-tac-toe (naughts & crosses) on a Sperry Univac 1100. It was actually used to test the system logic. Then the awesome “Colossal Caves” text adventure on a DEC VAX-11/780 & PDP-11/03. I ported it to PDP-11 BASIC from the original FORTRAN. Was a fun little project. I made some enhancements. The good ol’ days! :smiley: I still have the code on paper tape & printout in my archives somewhere.

No Spectrum, they were hard to find here. I got a Sinclair ZX-80 kit instead. I preferred building my own, sometimes adding enhancements (I’m an Industrial Design Engineer, or I was I should say).

I didn’t have a lot of time to play games between the 80’s to 2000’s. So I’m making up for lost time. I did buy the original DOOM series (playing the new DOOM), Wolfenstein (of course I have the latest series), Command & Conquer and many others when they were released. I do have the original Zork & Quest games (Space Quest, Police Quest, Kings Quest etc.) many have been released by GoG to work on Windows. I have about 300 games from GoG (old & new), over 100 on steam, same for Origin & uPlay.

I am enjoying GD a lot. Most games have things that annoy me, only one really on GD & it’s NOT a game breaker! the pathing algorithm could use some work. Ahem. :wink: :rolleyes:

I’m playing with a newish build, a Spellbreaker. Interesting combination of Arcanist & Nightblade.

I hope you are all well & have plenty of time to play! It keeps me sane & stops me feeling old! :wink: :smiley:

I get asked about my nickname a lot. it was given to me by a very dear friend in 1990. We were having a Sci-Fi day & watching our fave series Red Dwarf & Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy among others. My friend was having a rough time & I was trying to cheer her up & decided to do the Kryten & Marvin voices having an argument. It cracked her up & she laughed loudly. Then gave me the nickname & I’ve used it ever since. I’ve seen some copycats around, but I’m sure I’m the original! :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome to the forum and glad to hear you’re enjoying the game so much. :slight_smile: Don’t worry, you’re not the only “oldie” here, I am too though I started gaming much later than you. City builders were my first gaming experiences, but eventually I tried some RPGs which lead me to Titan Quest Immortal Throne which then lead me to Grim Dawn. Still play city builders now and again and looking forward to the new city builder Crate are working on at the moment, along with the new expansion. Gaming heaven indeed. :smiley:

“Oldie but Goldie” as my Mom used to say. :smiley:

Yep, that’s us. :smiley:

No one asked lol

Wow! 2 Years… Time does fly! I don’t think there is any way to share my GOG profile. I think only GOG friends can see other profiles? Not sure. Same for EA/Origin & uPlay. Anyway, been very busy with STEAM the past couple years & I can share that profile. I did get FG on STEAM, haven’t updated my GOG version as I don’t play that now.

Still enjoying GD/FG! Very curious about new projects! Count me in. :smiley:

Well, here you are then.

Medierra just posted more screenshots of the town builder this morning so that thread is really up to date. Just hope he’s going to tell us more about it soon.

Thank you! And very fast response. I will check those out. :+1: :smile:

I’m currently playing GD on my i7 iGFX! I didn’t think it would work, but it does surprisingly well (at 1080p with some gfx reduction). My 5 year old R9 390x finally died Feb. Waiting for a new RX 5700 XT. Was supposed to be delivered Thursday. But lot’s of delays these days with the lockdown etc. :pensive: