GD Stash Changer

First, let me say I love your tool. GD Stash is great and extremely powerful, maybe even too powerful. However, I do have an issue with the above statement. You say that using a tool like this one (GD Stash Changer) is not any faster than manual copy/paste. I’m going to have to call bollocks on that. There’s simply no way you can ALT+TAB out of the game, open two folders, copy a file, paste it in the other folder, ALT+TAB back into the game, open the stash window, place or remove items, close the stash window, ALT+TAB back out of the game, copy/paste the updated stash file back in the other folder, copy/paste a new stash file into the save folder, and ALT+TAB back into the game anywhere near as quickly as I can do the same thing with this tool just by hitting a hotkey. Sorry, that’s just not possible.

Now, onto what I really came into this thread to say:

I am having a weird issue with the stash files, and I’m not sure what the cause is, but some of my stash files have all the tabs unlocked and others do not. This didn’t seem to be the case until after I started using this tool, but I’m not sure if the tool is responsible for it. Either way, does anyone know a way to fix it without having to buy each stash tab on the two stash files that don’t have it unlocked?

The alt-tabbing, placing items, etc. you have to do either way, so that makes no difference at all.

The save dir and the ‘storage’ dir I already have open before I even start (much like you have the tool open), so I only have to navigate one dir down to store the stash, that takes next to no time.

So maybe the stash changer is on average 0.5 to 1 sec faster, I give you the benefit of the doubt here, it’s not like I timed it.
I believe we can agree that while it might be slightly faster, it is not by a lot however. So my rule still means I would never use that tool as it does nothing worthwhile (make something a lot faster / easier) - all imo obviously, as I said ‘If it works for you, use it, nothing wrong with that obviously’

I am having a weird issue with the stash files, and I’m not sure what the cause is, but some of my stash files have all the tabs unlocked and others do not. This didn’t seem to be the case until after I started using this tool, but I’m not sure if the tool is responsible for it.

So when you stored them they all had all pages unlocked, or are some files so old that when you first stored them, some pages were still locked ?

As the tool just copies and pastes, I would assume they were locked at the time you stored them…

They were all unlocked before I started using the tool. Not sure what happened, but I fixed it by deleting the affected stash files and recreating them.

Hmm

Needs the ability to copy/clone/duplicate a selected stash

Instead of a star icon on the selected stash, I have a Folder type icon

Using Windows 10 Creator

I use GD Stash Manager and it is definitely faster than manually copy-paste files. You just have to press one button in GD Stash manager and it loads the corresponding .gst file (for example, head armour) into the game. Press another button and voila - weapon .gst file loaded. You don’t have to copy/ paste, change directories, manage files. Besides that software regularly backups all your .gst files.

But why suffer with stashes, when you can handle it at the item level?

Why assume the risk at zero gain?

Hey Deo are you still active ?

Hi,

It seems GDSC doesn’t work anymore, unfortunately. Changing transfer.gst file have no effect in game.

Well, back to mules char, I guess ?

^^ See here for this problem:

i do i think :smiley:
well, tried it with last version od GD - it still works for me

the problem with icon on win 10 fixed in new version

After I create folder I guess i open in-game stash, drop the items I want in there, close the stash & it is saved? Or do i do something in the program to ‘save’ it as is? Sorry but scared to death to make a mistake so will just try with a potion. Do i have to back up my original transfer.gst file before i overwrite it? or does the app save it for me?

yes it got saved once you close the stash window
just remember to actually close in-game stash window before changing to another stash in tool

Got it working deleted 5 mules they are FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :rolleyes::cool:

thats cool :D:p

Hey, tnx for the tool. Please, consider sorting stashes alphabetically.

Also settings dialog needs minor improvements:

• gsh extension should be allowed in the file filter
  • text field should be read only or support changing save directory by clicking OK button too. otherwise it’s rather confusing

Hello,
after thinking for a long time what’s right for me,

• Whether Mulechars, GD Stash, Item Assistant - I have decided to use this simple tool here, which simply serves its purpose to provide more stashplace.

I can only say that I’m very happy with it now. I tested the tool extensively last night because I could not wait.

I can tell you it works perfectly.

Also with Forgotten Gods and the newly added Stashtab no problem.

Thanks, your tool is still running wonderfully. I’m just wondering why not more people are dealing with it.

And I use WIN 7 PRO, 64 bits

Thank you…

1 Like

The best and simple tool. I like it. Very usefull. It works on new patch.

Love the tool. I hope you keep improving it. :grinning: