GOG game key and DLC code saga - the latest

Here is the latest info if you’re a KS or website backer looking to get a GOG key or wondering about the in-game rewards.

DRM-Free release:

• DRM-Free build will be available through GOG.
  • You can get a GOG key from Humble using your backer email.
  • Anyone who backed through KS or on our website has the choice of either a Steam or GOG key. Even though it wasn’t originally offered, I’m asking if this can also be extended to people who bought through Humble Store directly - will update when I hear back.
  • Even if you already activated a Steam key, you can still trade it in for a GOG key but your steam key will be deactivated.
  • If your reward tier only entitles you to 1 copy of the game, then you only get 1 key / copy and have to choose whether you want Steam or GOG.
  • To request a GOG key, simply contact Humble and provide your backer email.

Humble has said they do not think they will be able to distribute GOG keys to backer pages, so everyone will need contact them for a GOG key, regardless of whether you claimed your Steam keys or not. Sorry for that, I don’t have any control over it and that’s how I’ve been told it’s going to have to work.

You can contact Humble with the following form:

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Select “product” and fill in the subject as “Grim Dawn GOG key.” Simply say that you’re a backer and would like a GOG key. Note that the form will say “5 day response time” but Humble has agreed to expedite GOG key requests for Grim Dawn, so you should hear back much sooner. You can also email: [email protected] instead of using the form

We’ve chosen to use GOG for the DRM-Free copy because many backers have requested the game on GOG and GOG contacted us saying they wanted Grim Dawn on their store. So, it seemed like a win / win. It allows anyone who just wants a stand-alone copy of the game to download it from their website and never go back. It also allows those who do want it, to get automatic updates and connect to multiplayer match-making via GOG Galaxy.

In-Game Items:

DLC codes for in-game rewards have been sent out by Humble for both Steam and GOG players.

If you were expecting an in-game reward (please double check your backer tier) and did not receive a DLC code, note that it could still take some time (maybe another hour?) for the system to send all of them out. If you still don’t get a key, you can use this same form to notify Humble of the issue: https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Please limit posts in this thread to questions regarding GOG game keys or in-game rewards. If you respond to another user’s post, make sure it is with information to answer their question. Any argument posts between users will be deleted to minimize the noise in this information thread.

Thank you

Attachment: 22.jpg
Attachment: GD GoG keys.png
Attachment: 1.jpg

Awesome news!!!

I already sent a request to disable my Grim Dawn steam key (activated) for a Grim Dawn GOG key last week (precisely last Friday) and I am still waiting on the update.

Same here. I sent my request last Saturday, and haven’t heard from Humble yet, even though my request did not require de-activating my STEAM keys (simply haven’t redeemed them yet). Weird, as some people said Humble got back to them within two hours last Friday.

Not sure how long ago I have purchased this game from Steam (close to 900 hrs played so far).

I am really unfamiliar since this is the only game I purchased pre-access on. Does this make me a “backer” and qualifies me for the DRM-free copy?

thanks for the explanation. too bad i didnt see this as early as KS. oh well…

If you backed the game on KS, you should have received your STEAM key through Humble if I’m not mistaken, so they should still have it on record somewhere. Contact Humble with the emailaddress you used as a Backer. It might take some effort, but they should be able to sort it out.

So I got two Steam keys from the coop package activated on different accounts. I would like to change one key to a GOG key. Is there a way to tell which Steam key is activated on which account?

Does multiplayer between Steam and GOG versions even work?

Where can I get the DLC listed in this chart?

I have the “Collectors Co-Op Expansion Bundle” and have activated my key(s) on Steam. How do I get the extra DLCs?

Did you perhaps use a different email address to buy this game? Try this for the email address that you used back then:

https://www.humblebundle.com/resender

That would kind of defeat the purpose, wouldn’t it? People don’t want Steam because it is considered DRM, so they buy the DRM-free version instead… and then they have to run the game through Steam to be able to play multiplayer with the people on Steam? Not going to happen…

[Edit Medierra] Basically what Cheiron said - adding a GOG game to Steam sort of defeats the purpose but also it would lack some of the Steam-specific code necessary to access the Steam matchmaking system. We will try to get crossplay working once we get the specs from GOG and that will hopefully be the best solution.

That did the trick, thanks :smiley:

In fact, i changed a long time ago my kickstarter email so humble can’t find some games.

Not currently but GOG is sending us some information on crossplay, which we may attempt to integrate.

I just read the KS update #48.

Dayum I did not contact Humble before for the DRM-free key because I was like nah I’ll wait for them to send me my key not to complicate things.

But now it’s official they won’t send anything. So I got to inquire thus I will be at the end of the request queue because I didn’t want to bother them / Crate with additional :wink: pressure and decided to be EXTRA! patient.

Is this really happening? :confused:

facepalm so I’m going at the end of the queue… might mean I might not play even this week… facepalm That will teach me a lesson for having been nice for once and not blast Humble from day one of the second dev. thread posting with “gimme my key naowww or I call ma cabinet in NY!” See where that leads? :stuck_out_tongue:

It is surreal… anyway gonna be SoonTM or… will it ever happen? :stuck_out_tongue:

I just sent a request this morning to switch my key over. Even though I am a bit apprehensive about doing it cause of my past experience with steam support when something unexpected goes wrong, I decided to just risk it cause it would be a waste for any in game backer items to be stuck to the steam version which I won’t play again if I bought it on GoG. Worst case is I have to play the awful Steam Support game for the next 2 weeks to fix things. I already uninstalled Grim Dawn on Steam in preparation and hope that everything goes through without any problems. :slight_smile:

Hurray! Finally GoG-keys. But… but… I couldn’t wait anymore and started a character since my steam Early Access key still worked.

Now I want to keep playing that character but on GoG, since I really dislike steam. Is it at all possible to transfer a character from steam to GoG? I couldn’t find any savegames in the steam save folder and have no idea if they would even work or not.

This is possibly what you need to do.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20752&highlight=cloud

Saves by default should be in documents/my games/grim dawn/

Probably best to back that up before uninstalling on Steam just in case it wipes the save location but I think your Steam character saves should work on the GOG build. Not 100% sure as I haven’t tried this myself, so I don’t want to guarantee it’s going to work but it seems like it should.

I had never heard of GoG (as a service/company etc) before this offering. Can someone explain how game updates would work going DRM free without GoG Galaxy? Would GoG(/Crate) host(/mirror) patch/upgrade files for offline installation for GoG versions?

Thanks,

W

Darn Humble Support…

Still nothing and wanted to transfer from Steam to GoG - Provided all sort of information!

Struggling just to give up and never kickstart again!

@medierra
Actually, with Steam it defaults to cloud save. Personally, I would prefer it default to not cloud save, and you Opt IN for it, instead of Opting Out.

@SmartsAJ
In GrimDawn, if you go to the options section, then Network tab, there is an option to download the Cloud saves (or Delete be cognisant of the one you click).
I would venture that if you backup the saves somewhere else after they are downloaded to the location medierra mentioned, then when using the GoG version it should just read that info and start fine. If not, you have a backup you can restore to the GoG version if it clears the characters there.

Best Regards,
W