GOG Key Status

actually the bear did react and had an acceptable explanation for what the difference is. No trolling, no back and forth, just amicable communication. I know that concept is somewhat alien to you, but it exists…

Hmmm,… the Humble Ninja’s so seem to drink a lot of coffee on monday mornings.

The fact that we have to take our time to go through Humble support at all to get what was promised in the first place is ridiculous enough. I haven’t heard anything today, but I actually sent in a copy of my original purchase email to their support. I hope that is enough to get a GOG key instead of waiting 2 months. Definitely not a great way to handle a release.

Ello everyone.

I am glad that I purchased the GD game and its been a hoot. I now know, after reading 21 pages) that to go from Steam to Gog etc the processes and limits.

Can someone provide proof/evidence that the LAN function is actually working between Steam and GOG client users? I only play locally with flat mates, or single player. If it works then I will figure out a time and make the cut over.

solved Next is about saves… I learned the other day that by default the Steam client GD version has Save to cloud on by default. So i have no copies of my saves, and I know of now way to retrieve them from their. Has anyone been able to get those saves? I am hoping it is possible - just about 80 hours I’d hope to not lose. * see Cheiron’s post below *

the last point I am hoping someone can help with is with regard to the Loyalist bundle from the GD site. I made the purchase via the GD site to humble for the Loyalist bundle. Not realizing how soon the DRM version was going to arrive, I loaded up on Steam. Either way, i have not received any of those in game virtual items or other such that some players have mentioned and even showed some screencaps about. How does that work and since I have not received them yet, would I need anything other steps to make use of them when i go over to GoG?

Game was purchased from the GD site on March 1, 2106.

Best regards

W

See this topic:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20752

the in-game rewards aren’t supposed to be out yet, so i’m curious about those screencaps. you should be able to unlock them on GoG if you had switched before i think.

I had been scouring many places about saves but I had never seen that topic! Fantastic. Thanks Cheiron. Kudos.

Hi MatMB,
Can you explain what you mean by ‘had switched before’?

Thanks,
W

Hi all,

I’m a KS backer too, and although I had no trouble waiting for the game to go out in the way the devs wanted it, I also feel a little but confused as to how the release has been handled…

I have a steam key on Humble, which I never used (don’t even use steam), and my Game Key ready. Trouble is, I don’t have the purchase proof anymore. It’s been a looong time ago, and unfortunatly, some mails tend to vanish, and you notice only when they’re needed !

I mailed Humble, but even my wife (who’s been more careful than me and still has all the files needed) has had no answer yet. I’m afraid, from what I’m reading here, that it’s going to be a real mess to get my copy.

Any advice on how things can get going from here ?

Thx

Does this mean I need to email Humble and ask them for the GOG key? Or do I hold on to my DRM-free key? I’m still confused. It literally sounds like this to me: “Everyone who has a humble DRM-free key needs to go get a GOG key because Humble is not going to distribute the game anymore.”

OTHERWISE, why would anyone want to exchange Humble’s key for GOG’s? I don’t understand that part.

Both really. If you haven’t redeemed your STEAM code yet, you should be getting your GoG key automatically, but as of yet, we have no idea when (they were originally due last thursday). Contacting Humble is a good idea in either case, but I believe they’re very busy with all the requests from over the weekend, so that might take a while too. I emailed them on saturday and haven’t heard from them yet.

Humble ninjas start working at 9 PST (Pacific Standard Time) which is basically now :slight_smile: So hopefully all of us who send a ticket will get reply today.

Correct, the DRM Free version won’t be available on Humble. So people who backed the game on Kickstarter and made purchase on Crate website should have an option in their Humble account to convert Steam key to GOG key. I didn’t have the option for whatever reason, so I’ve ended up sending Humble support ticket to sort it out.

If you follow the instructions on the OP, there is a link to a Humble service web page. Click that link and enter the information they ask for.

At some point you will want to include some sort of text like " This is in regards to Grim Dawn and swapping my Steam key for the DRM-Free version being provided by GOG."

Then submit the form and wait for a response. They may ask for more info.

This all assumes you have bought the game via the Grim Dawn web site, or were a backer of the Kickstarter.

Oh, I see. Then why does their page say that it will be released on Humble as a download? Total nonsense.

i meant switching between your current Steam version and the GoG’s one
if you have done so when rewards went out, you should have a key to unlock it on GoG, otherwise it will be a Steam key. that’s how i understand things at least :slight_smile:

option isn’t available now, hopefully today

because things changed recently and the page wasn’t updated since… well a while. if things go well Humble should start resolving the problem today, i just hope it won’t take longer :eek:

As far as I know there was no other key provided for Steam or otherwise for the extra content/items. If it was tied to the key, then maybe i got the wrong key? I will login to humble later and check.

I wonder when filling out the swap form, if I should also mention the ingame items etc and see if he humble folks will be able to help. Any GD folks have a opinion or other solution?

W

Just be wary of revoking keys on Steam, back on page 18 of this thread I explained what happened to me when a key was revoked by Valve themselves on my account.

They treated it like a credit card chargeback and froze my account, holding it hostage. I had no access to my Steam games or account until the issue was resolved. That is why I guess I am stuck with the Steam version even though I backed this on Kickstarter with the promise of a DRM Free copy. After that experience, I only buy things on Steam that can’t be purchased elsewhere.

Considering others have stated, in this thread, that they’ve made the swap from Steam to GOG without problem. I don’t see how your issue is relevant. Perhaps there was more to your issue than is related to this current issue.

Wait… wasnt it was buy game… get it on steam AND drm free version?

I swear when i bought this game from here, it was different website layout…3 columns! and it was definately written that you also get drm-free copy!

So now you have to choose between steam and drm free version? :eek:

If you bought from the Grim Dawn web site -if that’s what you mean be “here” - then you are able to get the DRM-Free version by contacting Humble using their web form - see the OP for the link.

You can have either the Steam version or the GOG version (aka DRM-Free); but not both.