GOG Key Status

Well, personally I don’t consider Steam to be DRM, but maybe I’m just easygoing. :smiley:

Also, is that… romanian? Google’s having a hard time with it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Any chance that the disc version might have gog key included?

If you revealed the key, I’m not 100% sure but I think the system will act like you’ve used it. In that case, the GOG option won’t appear on your page but you’ll be able to email Humble and request the Steam key be deactivated in exchange for a GOG key.

I did buy a copy of Grim Dawn for my sister on Steam, if I use the GOG release, would I still be able to LAN and online Multi with her? Reason I ask is since Grim Dawn was based on TQ’s Engine, I remember TQ Retail Release and TQ Steam Releases weren’t normally able to play with each other.

So, GOG has mentioned cross-play to us and asked us to look at setting that up so users can play mp between Steam and GOG. I think for LAN it may already work but I’m not 100% sure. For matchmaking, we need to get some info from them on how that has to be configured and then we’ll look at possibly doing it, depending on the amount of work involved. I think it would be great to allow people to play across platforms but I have to weigh the cost. We’ve already invested way, way more time setting up the GOG build / implementing Galaxy features than I anticipated. I’m going to say, we’re interested and will probably do it but I don’t want to promise anything yet.

It will - if you backed at that level, you will get a boxed copy plus also a Steam or GOG key.

Yea it’s in romanian lol.

I didn’t really like the “stealth” blow “unwarranted” delivered… there is really no point right now to post subversive phrases like he did; he can keep them to himself; it’s not needed - like at all - in this thread.

The expression doesn’t exist it meant something like: either you are a troll or you are not the wisest; thinking is better done with the head…

Would appreciate it if people could keep posts limited to questions and not start the sort of counter-productive bickering that caused the last information thread to be closed.

If you’re not here asking questions and looking for information, don’t post otherwise it’s going to become impossible for people to find the information they seek.

Yes, if you bought from the website, you’ll also be getting the GOG option once that goes live.

Two different locations?

If you mean on two different machines, you should be able to do that using Steam and keep the mods only installed on one machine. The only potential issue is you may need to turn off cloud storage so you don’t end up with characters who have played in the modded version crossing over to your non-modded game. Although, I’m not sure if that would even be an issue since you import a separate version of a campaign character into a mod.

The wise choice would be to wait for that KS update, and instructions on how to fill that request form to avoid any screwup or delay in the response. But the game being availible on gog, i’m itching to get my hands on it.

I have made the switch from Steam to GoG. Thanks guys! They responded me quickly and all they have asked was my paypal transaction id. Whole process took 2 hours.

Thanks again!

My steam key was redeemed, i sent an email to ask for a GoG key in exchange and i received in short time a new link to redeem my GoG key, the steam key was disabled though.

Let’s go for GoG now :slight_smile:
Thanks Crate for your efforts!

Then I’d like to summarize my question again.

For the people like myself who ended up grabbing a Steam DLC code during the brief period they were up previously on Humble Bundle, do you have any idea if we’ll have problems activating the remainder of the virtual items? I believe the only things remaining would be the Kickstarter medals and the Survival mode (obviously much later on).

To be honest, I have no idea but if you do, we’ll get it sorted out in the end. Part of the problem when they accidentally set that live is that you couldn’t tell what DLC codes you were redeeming, so its possible you may have claimed GOG DLC keys for your Steam copy or the reverse. If that ends up being the case, we’ll just have to get your DLC keys switched out for the right version.

Can I please know whom do you sent the email too, so I can switch since I am still stuck on the HumbleBundle request page with their limited option in requesting. I want to avoid picking the wrong thing and not get my request forwarded unless I specified the reason then maybe it does not matter? :eek:

Well, the Patron-specific features seem to be working so far.
https://i.gyazo.com/f99959c4fc375eb7ea71883f6aa391f3.png
That was taken a couple days ago. But good to know we can get it sorted out if something goes wrong. I guess I’ll just have to sit back and wait and see.

Well i used the link indicated and i filled out the following way :

1. Product or Payment
  2. Downloading a Game/Soundtrack/eBook

And then i explained briefly my situation with the email i used to buy Grim Dawn.

Okay, thank you very much.

Bit sad to learn the game is going up on GoG and supporters can trade in their steam key for it.

As someone who discovered Grim Dawn when it was released I would’ve loved to have bought it on GoG instead of Steam …

they can because there was the offer of a DRM free version in their purchase.

How we got to that version has changed a bit over the course of development, the understanding was that the Steam key is a beta key only, so people used it for the beta access. As it turns out, it was also the final key and that would prevent them from using the DRM free copy.

As someone who discovered Grim Dawn when it was released I would’ve loved to have bought it on GoG instead of Steam …

If you buy on Steam, you get a Steam copy only, this was always clear. Only if you supported the KS or bought on this site was there ever a mention of a DRM free copy.

I bought GD from the website some months ago. Back then it said “Play now on Steam and get the DRM-Free version on release”, so I used the key from Humble to get the steam version. In the past weeks and with this thread it more or less forms to a “Steam or GOG (DRM-Free-Version)” decision. I don’t want to deactivate my steamkey but I want to have the DRM-Free version anyways (Please don’t discuss with me, why I want it that way. I have my reasons). I assume this means I have to buy GD again at GOG to get the promised DRM-Free version?

Btw I haven’t claimed or clicked anything at Humble, just copy-pasted the steamkey. It still says “Sign in to claim this page” and I can see my steam and “Grim Dawn Access Key” there.

Regards, Hunabku