GOG Key Status

I purchased the game through Steam during early access. I then bought the loyalist edition which used to say I would receive a steam key as well as a DRM free copy. I swear it used to at least. I think. The page has changed formats in wording and structure. Has it now become either/or?

I also gave away my loyalist key because I was assured that the DLC key would be separate which if I’m reading correctly is the case. But I am not very happy about giving away the loyalist key when if it was “either/or” before I would have just kept that key to get the DRM version. Kicker is the person I gave the key to hasn’t even installed it. Ever… They gifted me Mark of the Ninja and I was broke after buying the loyalist and felt the stupid obligation to return the favor. No good deed goes unpunished?

I’m not ranting if that’s how it reads. Actually just smoked and very thankful for spell checker at the moment. If I indeed did screw myself out of getting both the steam version as well as the DRM(GoG) version my world didn’t just come to an end lol. Worse case scenario just snag the GoG release when there’s a sale so no worries. I hate to even type this really as I am sitting here in my chair going into a weekend of sweet crappie fishing come Saturday and can not even imagine the stress load at Crate.

TRI-BEER™

Way back when, supporters were originally told that they’d be able to get a DRM-free version, and at the time Crate hadn’t thought that people may consider Steam to be DRM. Over the years things have changed quite a bit. GOG wasn’t the original plan, at least if I’m understanding the situation correctly.

Yes, and if you do a little research you will find out that romanians are famous for honoring their obligations and always delivering on time. :smiley: It’s normal that they expect nothing less from others. :smiley:

Just to give you some good laughs.

There is this good old barber in some city in the US.
One day a florist goes to him for a haircut. After the cut, he goes to pay the barber and the barber replies: “I am sorry. I cannot accept money from you. I am doing community service.” The Florist is happy and leaves the shop. The next morning when the barber goes to open his shop, there is a thank you card and a dozen roses waiting at his door.
A policeman goes for a haircut and he also goes to pay the barber after the cut. But the barber replies: “I am sorry. I cannot accept money from you. I am doing community service.” The cop is happy and leaves the shop. The next morning the barber goes to open his shop, there is a thank you card and a dozen donuts waiting at his door.
An Romanian software engineer goes for a haircut and he also goes to pay the barber after the cut. But the barber replies: “I am sorry. I cannot accept money from you. I am doing community service.” The Romanian software engineer is happy and leaves. The next morning when the barber goes to open his shop, guess what he finds there …

Can you guess?

Do you know the answer yet?
Come on, think like a Romanian .

… a dozen Romanians waiting for a free haircut!

So, what are the exact benefits from prefering gog over steam in grim dawns case ?

Also in terms of multiplayer, given there is no crossplatforming announced as of now, are / will there be more users on steam or on gog ?

Is that to prognose yet ?

for loyalist edition buy in http://www.grimdawn.com/contribute_buynow01.php is different? thanxs

Hey Medierra i just purchased a brand spanking new copy of Grim Dawn from GOG

rather then go through the song and dance of turning in my steam key from my loyalist edition. I did it to to give you guys another boost in sales and show my support of the game.

My question is can i use my DLC key from my Loyalist backing i bought back in 2012 on my new GOG version?

Update just left this glowing review :wink:

“Grim Dawn what Diablo 3 SHOULD of been”

“This is THE ARPG to play right now. Fast, frenetic combat, insane detailed levels of loot, it is everything i had hoped it would of been and more. Back in 2012 i jumped in and bought the Loyalist Edition (it was 85 dollars back then) because i saw the potential this game had. Well fast forward to today and it has become THE ARPG i wanted to play. Think of your character as all dual classed, make hybrid classes, summoner-ranged, or go all melee, the possibilities are fun to explore. The sound effects or combat sound fantastic and the game is really quite large. The loot if so much fun to discover and craft yourself. The devotions are special extra abilities you unlock that add fun changes to combat. The developers Crate constantly strive to make the game better and push out significant updates regularly because they LISTEN to the fan feedback. If you enjoyed Diablo 2 and played for year this is THE game to play, think of them as Blizzard North (they even have one former member of Blizzard north on there dev team). You will not regret your purchase, play it and see with GOG’s money back guarantee. Play and enjoy!”

Only 12 Bucks on GOG? Really nice!

What currency is that? It’s €22.49 (discounted 10%) for me…

US Dollars, don’t know why it’s so cheap

that is in the eye of the beholder, either you care for DRM free or you do not

Also in terms of multiplayer, given there is no crossplatforming announced as of now, are / will there be more users on steam or on gog ?

Steam, by a lot

No idea why you see 12, I see $22

yeah me to mamba it was $22.49 for me

When I bought the Loyalist Edition I assumed that I’d get a DRM-free version of the game whether or not if I had activated the Steam key.

But according to your post, if I want a DRM-free version of the game I need to disable my Steam key? Am I getting this right?

Yes.
/10char

that’s right Shuranosuke, you might want to just buy it again on GOG, like i did today. I bought the loyalist edition back in 2012 and thought what the heck ill just get it again on GOG. Hope we can still use out DLC keys for GOG even if we kept out steam keys.

Just noticed your in France it seems GOG is super cheap right now in the UK so it might be on super cheap sale for you right now(see the above posts)

Yep, I just bought another copy for myself. I like the idea of deciding when I apply a patch, instead of letting Steam decide I am going to get it, lol. Plus I feel I am supporting the developers :wink:

Having backed the KS for $100, I’m glad to hear that I will be able to keep my Steam key as well as get a GOG key.

One question though: are the save files compatible between the two versions? Should I want to start a game now on Steam (haven’t played GD in about 2 years), will I be able to continue it on a GOG install later on?

Thanks for the insight!

all the RIGHT reasons buddy.

Well damn. :frowning:

There is no special price on GOG for Europeans and the game is sold at 22.49€ at the moment.

I’m not going to buy it again on GOG, unless I have a really good reason to do so.

nice… game is out and backer still can’t play without jumping through burning hoops.

can you PLEASE tell the humble guys to WRITE IN BOLD RED LETTERS, that the Access Key is not for redeeming the game on GoG? i just tried that stupid key 5 times before i read that it’s somehow used to unlock the (drm free) game??? wtfbq? this fricking confusing and maddening. what a waste of time…