Good-looking MOD

I am using this in my Privite mod but still going to say your amazing :wink: thank you for this good sir!

Im looking forward to using this, will try it out when i get a fully build character

This mod and the greater rift mod is something I would definitely use.
Great Job!

My Kyzogg quest just bugged. Anybody play this with new toon?

Grim Dawg, as someone that has been barracking for a transmog system for a long time now, I really want to thank you very much for putting your efforts towards this goal…!

I am on the train home and very much look forward to trying this mod in the near future. I did have one question - in order to use the mod, do I have to start a new Custom Game session separate to the Main Campaign that I have been playing thus far? Resulting in a fresh LVL 1 character. Or can the mod be played from within the Main Campaign?

Thank again, bud!

Syn

You probably saw this coming…it’s a mod so you can’t play it in the unmodded game, unfortunately. It’s not unthinkable that Crate will add it to the game in a future update, as most important mechanics for my mod were already in the gamefiles. But until then there is this thread, specifically this post. I think I will try to make some kind of exe file to make it easier to do.

I wanted to make this mod ever since playing TQ, I’m really glad they gave us the tools to do stuff like this.

The first mod I really like to Brofist!

TBH I still think stuff like that should be handled in a way such a mod would not be needed at all, for example with an enhanced crafting and item system. Imho it would be fine, if all epics and legendaries would be reworked as “MIs”. (still dislike that term, and in GD it’s less fitting than ever with all the “non monster MI” drops, “inert rare” or “native rare” is imho better fitting)
With proper balance changes ofc. Worked great in LoA.

But I went off the subject…

Great mod idea for the time being!

Idea here, but how about when you find an item, you can use the skin for free?

Yo Dawg, great work. My necromancer now actually looks kind of a necromancer! Just chillin with the dudes:

One thing, i cant seem to transmog pants…tried it on a couple of yellow an white ones, but the potions where never applicable. Also i could not use anything on my green gloves, but yellows worked fine.

Nothing big, could be the specific items i have. Can someone confirm?

Grim Dawg, I have been able to get your mod working with GD Stash in that I can use the Shared Stash function to import and export items from GD to GD Stash. It is glorious!

I really hope to see a future update where aura effects act correctly as soon as the transmog is applied.

I can confirm that leg transmog’s do not seem to be getting applied - the transmog results in a basic pair of strapped leg armor. Leg armors that look as if they should have particle effects are not displaying these effects, even in a new game session.

my pet(s) seem to want to attack the transmog smith when i spawn him. it doesnt affect anything. i can still get the pieces of i need from the smith

As do the guards in Devils Crossing…poor guys, must be so confusing for them.

How would you respond if you got bloody zombie chunks in your face and you see a midget skeleton glaring ominously at you?
Try spawning him when there are enemies nearby…great fun :stuck_out_tongue:

Instant aura application is not going to happen. Limitation of the game code or something, there is nothing I can do about it

If you can’t transmog pants, try harder. Sometimes I have to try 5 different illusions before I find a working one, but eventually any illusions will apply.

Illusion potions sometimes refuse to apply. Legs are especially notorious. Try putting the item in your inventory, or apply a different illusion first (may take a couple of tries)

If your illusion applies but nothing happens, well, that’s weird. Check out my second post. You can post what item and what illusion give you this problem and Ill take a look at it.

The difference between 1000 iron and free is too small in my opinion to be truly rewarding. Ive had more requests for a less expensive version but that’s not a priority for me right now.

First of all: THANK YOU!

I been thinking about a mod like this since I don’t know, build 20ish and now it exist, I consider myself a vainilla player (at least for the first 1k hs of play time) but this is totally needed IMHO and crate should add something like this one day (I would pay, honestly.)

Now, being a complete noob about modding grim dawn, is there a way that I can add this mod to my vainilla game? Because I installed the game and it only appears under “custom game” where I don’t have any character at all.

I know this is probabilly a stupid question but I wanna be able to enjoy this awesome gift from the gods hahaha.

PS: Is this reversible? I’m gonna back-up anyway but I wanna be sure that I’m not risking anything; also, does this invalidate steam achivements?

Thank you again sir, you’re awesome.

I am sure that Grim Dawg will be able to provide a much more informative response than me but in the mean time…

All mods are only playable under Custom Game. There are ways to import your character from your main game into the custom game for the mod you want to play. Grim Dawg explains how in this post.

As for achievements, I obtained an achievement last night while playing Good Looking Mod in my custom game so I would believe that all other achievements will be obtainable in any custom game where you meet the requirements of the achievement.

I’m not sure what you mean by reversible. If the mod is able to be uninstalled? I believe all you would need to do is delete the relevant mod folders from their locations. Again, Grim Dawg will be much more well versed on how to do this.

I hope this helps!

I too downloaded and started playing the mod last night.

Fucken loving it.

Syn

Hey thanks for the quick reply!

Elfe on the discord chat gave me awesome support! He merged the vainilla files with the ones that came with the mod so now I can play my vainilla chars from the main menu (not the custom game) :smiley:

Has Elfe hosted that folder anywhere? Was it easy to apply the folder to the required location and get it all working correctly?

Do you know if, playing the game from the Main Menu means that GD Stash correctly recognises characters?

I have only just restarted in the Good Looking Mod custom game. I am LVL 9, so I do not mind restarting if I am able to do so from the Main Campaign.

Any help you, Elfe or Mamba can provide would be much, much appreciated!

Syn

When playing a mod in the main game, everything should be saved as usually to the main game characters and mamba’s tool therefore should recognize them.

I’m not sure what he made his tool do with mod items (items that are not in the original database) but when you actualize the original database, adding mod items and then use the stash tool and make it port the database again it should be able to read these items, too but mamba can tell you more there.

Just my theory :wink:

Credit must also be given to Elfe as I was, and am still literally talking to him via Steam chat right now about this issue.

There is another method to prompting aura and particle effects to correctly display on transmog items that does not require starting a fresh game session.

With Mamba’s tool, GD Stash, simply place the item with the transmog that is currently not correctly displaying it’s aura - for example a pair of boots with the Voidwalker Footpads skin applied, into the Item Transfer window in Grim Dawn. Then in GD Stash, move or copy the item to the GD Stash database and then move it back to the Item Transfer window in GD Stash and click Save Stash.

When you remove the item from the Item Transfer window in GD and equip the item, it will now correctly display the aura effect :smiley:

I suppose this method simulates a similar function within GD as starting a new game session.

My purple boots are ALIIIIIIVE!

Have fun :wink:

Syn

Now this mod is a mod that is with grimmy grimmest, and cenos mod.