Grava'Thul, the Melee Nemesis

Gotcha.

It’s just that i don’t think other playstyles, casters, pet builds or passive dmg, have the same personal nemesis.

I think all damage types have their personal Nemesis, Kuba is especially bad for cold, Reaper for chaos, etc. Enemies having 94% resistances forces you to invest heavily in damage in Crucible and RR.

But for playstyles, I can say melee is most susceptible one, since you are prone to take all possible hits, without being proper tank.

But pets for example are really exposed against Alex, you can’t make all of them avoid the meteor, it’s painful to lose pets. He’s really bad and Sentinel can ‘’‘steal’’ you pets, so he’s almost like personal Nemesis.

2 Likes

Pierce struggles with Kaisan because of high as shit pierce res, tanking your leeching and allowing him to survive longer, giving him more opportunities to spawn crystals and kill you.

So here is my experience with fire BA and Grava (https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26LboeZ).
This build in my hands can pass the crucible in around 6-6:30 minutes. But when Grava spawns chanse to rip increases greatly. Also don’t forget that sanctified bone has been recently nerfed. So it seems to me that his Fire and Lightning resists need to be reduced or nerfed his pets (fumble and life duration).

1 Like

As a Dagallon (fire/lightning) DW Purifier, it’s pretty obvious why Grava is my personal horrorshow Nemesis. Given that I have to play almost exclusively in melee range to be able to shotgun Nems in SR, most times I’ve come up against him it’s just alt+F4 for me.

I’ve gradually adjusted to kite him and by using camera aggro I can isolate him better but do I enjoy this? No. At the very least, I’d like for his nullify to be temporary only, so that if you do get hit by it, you don’t have to scramble to bring up all your passives again. That being said, I’ve accepted that this is the way he is, Crate designed him this way and it’s probably not gonna change. Other nems don’t bother me, I can actually tank Alex’s meteor sometimes when I’m standing in my Seal, Kuba and Kai tickles occasionally, etc.

Grava is just an asshole, period.

Hugs and kisses to all… get rekt

35 Likes

If you just turned on your buffs during streams, maybe your Nemesis counterpart wouldn’t have null as a skill. :scorv:

ROFL epic post. :rofl:

/thread

1 Like

I already have a loooong story like post about her, with some ideas and rants but I want to add one particular thing on this post too:

Nullification what you all call, I call it purging, clears consumables. Other than this, I find her somewhat managable, I’m okey with purging or disabling regular buffs, maybe combo breakers should be unpurgable. My main concern is she purging consumables.

All other rants I made about her purging things are more or less managable. But purging consumables is like: “yea, you farmed them on account of gain some upper hand, well… F you, and your consumables”

I still adress grava as female but I have to admit she reminds me an English comedian called Benny Hill a lot.

I’ve never seen players complain that much about how hard ubers are, or anything about end game; uber mephisto’s conviction aura etc.

Most powerful outcry was lord de seis’ steal thing. and Grava does the same with consumables. (I know mechanics are different, but outcomes are pretty much the same)

During Covid outbreak? God damn… like father like son…

Savage²

/10chars

1 Like

Didn’t even proc Resilience, clearly needs a buff.

And yes, this character did 150-170 naked no banners/beacons.

Just kite.

In schools they skip teaching how to read and directly teach how to write nowadays? Damn good old times…

It’s a shame schools still haven’t taught when one is or is not being replied to.

The thread is about facing the boss in multiboss environment, Crucible and shards without aggro abuse if you fancy that. I specifically mentioned “pack of bosses” twice. There are gamemodes where you can’t avoid them.

2 Likes

I’m aware. And even when you can’t avoid such bosses from multipulling, you can still kite.

Z also explained how severely nerfed Grava is in the Crucible, though to my knowledge he does retain most of this effectiveness in SR.

It worked to some extent before 1.1.6.0. Now i get killed due to chain interruptions too often. Maybe i need to improve my skills.

So last night was the first night I played in a while. Took a dual damage (acid/cold) Yugol relic witch hunter into 65-66 SR. On the 66 boss room, with the worse unfavorable mutator being the +crit -oa on mobs, Grava was one of the nemesis in the room.

Now, I think most of the people on the forums know that most dual dmg builds aren’t that good. I built it to meme and to use Yugol’s as it is without conversion while using 2 damage types.

As long as I slowly spun away and semi kited the pools while avoid nulls, I faced tank him/her with sufficient life leech and both on demand heals.

I don’t camera abuse, however this build is meme and I did fight him/her alone as the other 3 came first.

Prior to Z’s buffing of the relic, this build was having issues because of the damage output and the original devotion path was bad.

It is in a really good place now and mostly done.

The point is, I won’t deny that (in certain contexts or conditions) this nemesis is rough. But overall, I think where he/she is currently, is fine as is.

If anyone wants a grimtools link, I can pm it. Along with current stats of its performance. Sorry no vids.

Thanks for teaching me something my family and my teacher forgot to teach me, my good sir. You’re a scholar and gentleman.

If you think she is good as she is, you can save your time by not reading and answering this and similar posts, it’s not Nazi Germany as I know.

Ofc you have freedom of answering every post, I just think you can have more spare time to watch funny YouTube videos of people capable to do everything.

But I’m an old chunk of coal, what do I know.

On a side note: Noone says she is impossibe to kill, as much as I read. Its good to have a powerful, successful female npc in game, I’m not sexist.

Before this thread gets weirdly off-topic about manners and hopefully returns in the direction it needs to, I’d just like to point out that Grava is a dude…and probably pictures his nemesis as a male, although who really checks under the tentacles of a chthonic void monster.

5 Likes

It took me many re-reads to remember that Grava is not just a fictional boss and that “his nemesis” wasn’t an innuendo.

Still got Iron Maiden and Anasteria.

1 Like