Grava'Thul, the Melee Nemesis

Oh boy, Grava + Benn possible combo in BoC. Zantai, you know what to do. :scorv:

3 Likes

You mean BoCC, amirite?

Aleks + Valdaran in Valbury :eyes:

Benn’Jhar The Team Player (that’s what i call him) coming through with the handy CC.

Stun from Valdaran into a meteor drop. Or even better, teleport switching into a meteor. pogchamp

2 Likes

I like how the Grava Nemesis run is relatively easy at least.
You don’t have to hit up that many places to find him, and several of the areas connect to each other so you don’t need to constantly use the rift either.

If anything was changed about the fight I think it should be the uptime/effectiveness of the fumble pools.
Right now it’s pretty much impossible to avoid them as melee because of their spawn rate and size/movement speed, so there are several options to remedy that:

• Adjust their spawn rate/duration
  • Lower their movement speed
  • Decrease their size
  • Lower the miss value they apply

Very high level SR aside (which isn’t supposed to be balanced anyway), I think the fight would be fine if you could just outrun or avoid standing in the pools through movement.
Adding a small positioning element to the fight makes it more interesting too, when you have to dodge both the pools and the nullifier.

3 Likes

kite them fumble pools which are virtually chain spammed, on a melee? everytime you move to kite them you are not attacking = no leech. and they are re-casted so fast you cant really avoid them.

Whole endgame is heavily skewed towards casters so fixing his fumble pools would be a good step towards balancing the scales a little bit.

His nullification in SR if removed from the game will not be missed by many as well.

1 Like
2 Likes

I don’t see Grava that problematic. That null is well telegraphed and can be easily destroyed by some object. Fumble pools are annoying but can be kited.

If you’re melee, kiting = no healing, no healing = dead.

2 Likes

It’s because you are not playing Crucible Gladiator or Shards 75+. Feedback is mostly about him being problematic for melee in Crucible. I just added that he can be problematic for melee in SR 75+ as well.

2 Likes

SR 75+ is not meant to be balanced. In CR you already have him gimped by not having null.

Then have also another layer than just lifesteal. HP regen is nice although you Crucible guys hate on it. Damage absorption, health potions,…

I rememebr a time when anything sub 6 min was obliterated by Z and now almost everything posted is sub 6. So I don’t get the complaints.

Well try playing Crucible Gladiator 150-170 with a melee build yourself and you will understand what experienced pilots are talking about. Or maybe you will present your own unique perspective on the matter. But without having any experience of playing Crucible Gladiator 150-170 any feedback regarding this mod is irrelevant, sorry.

6 Likes

seems very simple on words but in-game that’s really hard. High regen values make the day on casters or in SR when you have 1-on-1 encounters but not when you are assaulted by multiple nemesis and debuffed af.
And yes, almost all melee builds live only by ADctH.

5 Likes

I was always kiting Grava before 1.1.6.0 with chars that don’t have burst to kill him fast enough. Now it’s very hard to reliably disengage from the battle against bosses, actions get chain-interrupted.

But it’s only my experience. I brought this boss up because bosses like items are subject of balance and Grava being unbalanced finally taken it’s toll on me.

I’ve made and tested tons and tons of melee chars but the only two i ever deleted without any back-up were fire based. And both went into the void because of one single enemy.

3 Likes

if trying to disengage from Grava in Cruci, you may easily face Benn’s traps, Moosi’s freeze, IM’s stun etc and then Grava would charge into you and disrupt your skills (what actually means that you’re dead).

1 Like

Another “funny” combination is Grava with Valdaran. You think you escaped those pools? Please teleport back into the mess. And while you are at it, eat up a meteor as well.

You talk about gimping him generally not only in CR and I say no to that so yes it is relevant. Change him in CR to whatever you want. I don’t care.

Seems like we’ve been here before. Here are just a few threads.

2 Likes

I’d say it definitely wouldn’t hurt to adjust him in Shattered Realm as well. Even at Shards 65-66.

Seems like players always hated how he was designed, no surprise here. I know it’s impossible to change Crate’s mind about havining nullification spell on monsters but I hope that this “feature” will not appear in Grim Dawn.