Grava'thul

After multiple attempts at him, I think I have somewhat figured him out.

There are 2 problems with him.

1. He has an enrage, sort of. I’m not completely sure whether this debuffs the character or buffs himself, but the animation and resulting graphical effect seems to suggest the latter. The only solution is to run away, because no matter what kind of tanky setup you have as evidenced by some of the threads I’ve seen, ex. Arcanist with mirror up, it oneshots you, which means it does a huge multiplier of your health, however running away or playing as a ranged character leads to the second problem.

2. Regardless of build, his nullification attack, which seems to be completely random, can either kill you instantly (I’m talking about a 12k hp Cadence WB with maxed resists) or only remove your buffs with some damage. Mostly for me, it kills me instantly, and I’ve noticed that this nullification carries an energy burn with it which is somewhat overtuned, like it does damage equal to several times the amount of energy burned. For any caster build it’s overkill, but for any build in ultimate which easily has 2k energy minimum, it’s death anyway. Circuit breakers don’t even activate, which is weird, which means the multiplier for the energy burn is huge.

I’m not completely sure about the energy burn, I’ll do some more testing today.

Ending notes - This fight is very random for me. There have been times I’ve been able to tank him without using any defensives except War Cry and been able to tank him for 10-15s, only to get one-shot when either running away due to Nullification or to get one-shot by a double swing attack due to forementioned enrage ability that he casts. The animation is fairly simple to see, but he punishes people who have to run away to avoid it because otherwise it is death regardless. It’s almost like you have to run circles around him, but the nullification effect itself is cast at any range, regardless of you being really far away or just a bit away from his melee range.

Oh yeah, I didn’t mention also that he’s super fast, reduces your max health, and he can charge to lockout your abilities for a second or two. Compound that with his natural abilities, makes for a very hard fight. Take that into Crucible and any Challenger wave 140+ is simply undoable if he appears since the only way to kill him is to kite him when he’s enraged, which is difficult with multiple bosses or enemies.

Attachment: crit chance.jpg

I was able to fight him Melee with my Commando (level 90 not a single Mythical Piece yet) swapping between different Defensive option (Overguard, Blast Shield, War Cry, Tonic) alternating them one after the other to at least have one thing up all the time allowed me to melee fight him from start to scratch (I did die the first time came back to him at full health and then killed him) This character only used 55 Physical Point (yeah I didn,t use a single point in Attribute since over the last like 50 level) and could either pump up his DA+HP quite a bit or pump his OA by upping Cunning (I was thinking Cunning but wanted to wait to see the Expension impact on Defensive capacity)

Grava’s nullification feels like spontaneous combustion again, oneshot 16K hp character. From full hp to zero with no warning.

Never encountered this problem, but yikes

If it is random then RNG has been kind to me since I only get debuffed from the attack and not get one shot

I have been one shot at 11.7k hp, all it took was a slap

Is there any way to read enemy attack skils/damage types like it was in grimcalc?

the one shoots come from the red orbs he sumons if he sumons them before you press blade barrier or mirror you get one shoot if he channels them while you are mirrord you dont get the damage maybe a litle bug too

When he spawn in rift its almost impossible to see them.
We need life reducrion resist .

My PB WH just got one shotted through 12,5k health, 89% chaos resist, 24% physical resist and 2700 DA. One of this homing projectiles touched my character and it was dead.

Mark of Divinity didn’t even procced.

I noticed a lot of AoM bosses lower your movement speed. Grava and SharZul can always catch up with you and then give you almighty bitch slaps.

Pretty sure you only need 2500 DA to avoid being critically hit from Grava but he probably has methods of reducing your DA anyway. I spent a good 40 deaths on him early on before I gave up on Ultimate. Don’t know how HC players would fare, I mean I can’t learn from my mistakes because I can’t tell what’s actually killing me.

I know he can remove all your buffs as well etc.

Kupa is easy compared to him. At least you know everything Kupa does and can time your bursts and walk out of his pools and wait for his breath.

With Grava it’s just so much stuff, you have to burst, then as soon as he gets like at least 1/3rd hp off you, you should put the mirror up, burst a bit more and run, preferably throwing some cc at him like flashbang or vines or whatever. I haven’t figured him out yet.

His life reduction ball of retardness is probably bugged, as it cause instantdeath regardless of life pool, so the only way to deal with him on HC is max Menhir Bulwark, as there is no other source of life reduction resist in the game. Or all-mighty alt+f4 on sight.

His projectile is broken. I tried with both Mirror of Ereoctes and Blade barrier and still got 1 shot death. :mad: Don’t know it was bug or not that it can piercing through 100% absorption.

I records some death as a parody video few weeks ago but still missing the background sounds to finish. It is annoying when you remember what it sounds like but don’t know the name of that soundtrack. :rolleyes:

As far as I knew and checked debuff bar. He has pretty high physical dmg and able to 1-3 punch to death for medium armor char.

• 47% fumble debuff [It’s like 1/2 chance to hit him]
  • -25% resistance
  • -30% max HP aura
  • random skills like nullification, skill disruption, or deadly projectile

My guess is that his balls first nullify you, and then apply massive life reduction damage. I died once with Cluster on, it’s hard to explain that bullshit another way.
BTW, if you can facetank his claw attack all the time he will never pull the ball thing out of his sweet Chthonic ass ever again. It’s when you start kiting or when he sees you from afar that he does that, much like Zantarin’s shotgun.
The fumble pool is retarded, they can stack over each other and proc independently, and fumbling can’t even be resisted whatsoever.

Hmm…

/10balls

After level 95 he is much stronger.

Did you have overcap?? Seems he deals a huge chaos damage.

Amazing reason :smiley:

Btw, does anyone know what is his passive properties fire and lightning resist
on Ultimate?? I looked into game files, but didn’t understand, what that means

defensiveFire,1.000000;2.000000;3.000000;4.000000;5.000000;6.000000;7.000000;8.000000;9.000000;10.000000;11.000000;12.000000;13.000000;14.000000;15.000000;16.000000;17.000000;18.000000;19.000000;20.000000;21.000000;22.000000;23.000000;24.000000;25.000000;26.000000;27.000000;28.000000;29.000000;30.000000;31.000000;32.000000;33.000000;34.000000;35.000000;36.000000;37.000000;38.000000;39.000000;40.000000;41.000000;42.000000;43.000000;44.000000;45.000000;46.000000;47.000000;48.000000;49.000000;50.000000;51.000000;52.000000;53.000000;54.000000;55.000000;56.000000;57.000000;58.000000;59.000000;60.000000,

i have 30% chaos resist over the cap.

I honestly find him much harder than Kubacabra. Kuba is just tedious and annoying to fight, Grava is prone to huge bursts of damage that can kill the most resilient builds in an instant.

And about his nullification, just no. Just no on every level. Giving Nullification to an enemy this strong is just asking for trouble.

Gava is broken right now. Crete need to cut his sneacky balls of doom to make him doable for HC. I dont wanna gamble with my life when i cant even see whats going on .
As for nullification i dont see any problem with it, the real treath is retarded energy burn. I suggest to keep nullification, but get rid of burn.

So the homing projectile is what causes nullification? And he never uses at melee range? Hmm, maybe my Tactician can kill this asshole if it can tank his melee attacks. I do have 2700 armor and 42% physical resist.

That chaos pool only causes fumble, interesting. Still, pretty annoying if he can summon several.

I find facetanking Grava easier than 3 wee Kuba’s, healing aside. I don’t even know what the fuck kind of damage does he deal with his bitchslapping attack but I can facetank it most of the time, just overcapping everything and having 3000+ armor help I guess?
I agree that they should at least remove some of his mechanics, the max HP reduction itself was already a nightmare, the fumbling pool is another big fuck you to melee builds (imagine Kuba pool + Grava pool in Crucible), and like that’s not enough they added the nullification

Yeah I had several runs when I sit there like a boss to melee him, when shit got rough I had to kite and he started to throw his balls (quote me Chthon you 12 year old). When it exploded I charged back and beat him to dead. So that’s my best guess about its mechanics.

If the homing projectile is what causes nullification, then i think it’s fine to be there. Still not a fan of it being there. The amount of damage it does though, need to be toned down, hard.

I was also not a fan of the Blitz with disruption, but you can easily bait that attack and he seem to not use it at melee range.

The HP reduction in his aura is really the main issue i have with this guy. All this is make the player try to get even more health than they already have to. It also punishes characters who have naturally low health due their masteries.