Grava'thul

Grava’thul is not so hard for defensive melee builds:

But Kupacabra for example is designed mostly for ranged… With this build I had to fight him for 15 mins with nonstop hit & run.

What about offensive melee, casters and ranged builds??

You can fight him at range but you need a lot of “slow resistance”. I can hang in there for a bit, but he places a curse that damages you and lowers your movement speed. Then he can easily catch up and rofl stomp me. I’m going to wait till I’ve found Korvaak’s Deception before challenging him again

I was wrong before. You need probably around 2580-2600 DA to completely avoid being critically hit by him. Regardless. I lose 3K HP when I’m near him on a 12K HP toon.

With some lower damage from cthonians and a damage reduction skill, tanky melee characters can kill this guy somewhat easily. Still think the hp reduction in his aura need to be reduced a little.

For ranged characters, this guy is like “What if Loxmere was stronger?”.

Also, can you use Nullification on his aura? It would be some karmic justice if you could.

If that’s possible then… this nemesis was designed to make players play battlemage? :rolleyes:

Battlemages are finally good for something!

He just recast it immediately :stuck_out_tongue:

The ultimate dick move in ARPGs, making you waste a skill with a somewhat high cooldown.

Did people even read the original post. Sure if you gear super defensively you can stand forever in his fumble pools and survive, but most of the builds here aren’t like that.

And any kind of ranged character can go fuck themselves. What nullification projectile? I haven’t seen a single such thing for the nullification - he casts it on you, just like any other boss that casts nullification, it’s direct damage with energy burn that just one-shots you because at that level you have an insane amount of energy i.e 2k+ and the multiplier is beyond anything that we’ve seen for energy burn spells.

I mean kiting him every now and then is cool, but the nullification is the major problem. Everything else can be telegraphed and avoided or at least you can kite him. Yes, he casts a movement speed reduction debuff, or it’s just his aura that causes that in addition to the max hp reduction, the funny thing is that on top of that he can charge you, lock your skills out for a second, and then double swing and oneshot you.

I’d probably propose just nerfing the energy burn to manageable amounts like 2x or even 3x damage, and probably just reducing the amount of movement speed reduction he puts on you so that kiting is reasonably viable.

A red projectile that follows you. If it was direct nullification, then my PB WH would have its buffs constantly turned off because i kill him by kiting and he only uses it when you are far away.

Also he doesn’t cast a movement speed debuff, his aura does that. As long you are in the range of his aura, your speed is reduced. It’s the same aura as the Void Opressors.

I’m not sure about nullification on his fatal projectile.

It seems like 1 shot to death no matter what reason is.

I used to cast nullification on Fabius when he use Blade Barrier then his blade barrier still go on as normal. Seem like Nullification not affect to Blade Barrier.

So I assume nullification shouldn’t purge blade barrier immortality.
But I died while blade barrier still active with several test.

It nullifies and then it deals damage. But at the moment it seems to be broken, either its damage scaling is off or it’s something else. But my PB WH has taken this attack a few times and i can say it nullifies.

I just had the pleasure to meet him for the first time with my aetherray warlock, died 3 times before i managed to kill him kiting as f**k. Still have to figure it out what insta-killed me every time :smiley:

probably the red ball everyone talks about :confused:

Just killed him with my necro summoner on Ultimate on my 1st attemp.

I dont know if anybody noticed that but his aura (or whatever it is) also reduce about 30% life - it is easily visible on the video someone posted here and I also noticed that studying a screeenshot I took during the fight. I compared the missing life and the % value was similar but not the same. But as I said both debufs were almost -30%. This could also be the rerason for 1-shoting you.
I sometimes recieved roughly 90% life dmg spikes, but I dont know what exactly was that since I fought him in the dark Void Edge. Probably Mythical Fiendflesh Graves/Mantle saved me, dunno.

New summoner builds seem to be extremely capable against everyone except Kupakabra. Those Fiendflesh items are just sick, 10k shields against any type of damage is huge with capped resists and high physical resist/high da. I was even considering using boots on my sorcerer because of their shield. Not everyone likes to play pet builds tho.

I’m really not sure how to beat him. If I get in combat range he kills me in three hits, even continuously using aether clusters. If I try to stand away from him he casts the pink balls of doom and then he charges in and three hit combos me. He also seems to be able to continuously swing three hit combos. My sigil of consumption doesn’t seem to do anything to him or give me any life back when I am hitting him. I thought Kupa was difficult, Grava is ten times worse because you have very little room to even attempt to kite him and he is so ridiculously fast. Does he have a super high chaos resistance or something? I don’t like to admit defeat but if I can’t kite him, can’t get away from him and I can’t gain any life from hitting him or using sigil he seems impossible.

It’s imperative that u don’t get hit by the projectiles, which I think is easy to do if you see them coming. In my experience it’s possible to just outrun them even through his slows, I only get hit by those if I get super distracted.

He probably has very high chaos resist, that’s likely the reason ur struggling with him.

well you can check it on the monster database (still under construction)

http://www.grimtools.com/monsterdb/1154 = grava stats

though i am not sure if those are the correct ones?

I don’t even why Grava’s blitz gives him 300% cast and attack speed since he can’t do anything else while using it.

He also has a lot of health reduction. Besides having an aura that reduces your total health by 28%, he also has some skills with health reduction, with some of them having 29%. Anything that deals this much health reduction just gets on my shit list.

He has 69% resistance to fire and lightning, but 18% to Chaos. Wut?