Grava'Thul's Nullification against melee should go and here is why

Buffs Toggling Simulator 2018 is such a masterpieces isn’t it :eek: ?

1 Like

Well quickly pressing spacebar and pressing numbers.
Got Menhir’s Bastion as backup to use and Time Dilation helps. The most important thing is using Cleansing Waters. The difference is day and night with or without it.

I agree that this is irritating, but to be completely honest, if he had not such mechanic, he’d need to have something else, like massive damage that would oneshot everyone if you don’t dodge it or defense nullification to be something special. Valdaran already deals massive damage with his bolt barrage and teleports you and slows you with that, Benn’Jahr and Moosilauke are tanky, but one just spawns bullshit that harshly debuffs you after it explodes and the other just spams damaging skills. Aleksander deals massive damage and nothing else, Kuba just heals himself till he kills you. Fabius again deals massive damage and slows you down (still has lower damage than Aleksander), Iron Maiden debuffs your physical resistances and stuns you, Reaper of the lost looks like Iron Maiden, but instead killing squishies, he kills tanks or heavy defensive builds, also spawns helpers that debuff your damage. Zantarin again deals much damage, but heals off of his power. Now look, Grava nullificates you and reduces your health, which is FINALLY something unique. Most of those Nemesis monsters are the same, but their secondary ability differs. If they removed Grava’s nullification, it’d be the same as Reaper of the Lost, deals damage and debuffs your resistances and damage, but this time is good vs. squishy characters.

If they removed the nullification, I’d most likely go for one nemesis every run, the weakest one (most likely Grava, because he doesn’t have many spawns) because it would be efficient while farming and I’d probably get more items over that than over killing all nemesis, wasting 2 - 5 hours to find all of them and kill them.

It is pretty funny that his weakness lies with his own aura. :slight_smile:

There is also a hero mob that can Nullify you.

Grava even without nullification is way above Valdaran, Benn’Jharr and Moosilauke.

Valdaran, in my opinion, is the weakest Nemesis in the whole game. He’s so passive, deals next to no damage and just weak in general. Benn’Jhar is a joke, plain and simple. My casters can full facetank his physical attacks, that’s how weak he is. Moosilauke only dangerous attack his overhead slap attack and even that is prone to low damage. Everything else deals poor damage. (Now that i think about it, Benn might be the weakest in the game).

Fabius and Iron Maiden only dangerous thing is spawning with broken weapons. If they spawn with weak weapons, they don’t do much damage. Aleksander only dangerous move is his meteor and that’s made pointless if you fighting him under a roof. Every other attack he has doesn’t deal much damage.

Meanwhile, Grava is prone to big bursts of damage, made worse by the fact you fight him with less 28% of your total health. It doesn’t matter if he doesn’t have anything unique (i guess his aura is not unique), no Nemesis in this game should have nullification, period.

Well I didn’t mean to say which one is weak or strong. And I didn’t. I only showed the uniqueness in all (or not really all) of them. Removing Grava’s nullification would make him boring.

I’d rather he be boring than be complete and utter bullshit like he is now. And he has his aura, that’s enough “uniqueness” for him.

I’ll like to add that Zantarin has a one-shot attack too, but the animation is very slow and differently from grava he is pretty much immoble during the fight, doesn’t charge you like a train and his other skills deal average damage.

So Grava is probably still too strong in comparison with every other of his work-buddies.

The way he was before 1.0.4.0, felt honestly better, with him just don’t casting the orb when your character mantained point blank distance.

If they axe nullification (which I highly doubt) then I’d say a high damage skill like Aleks’ Meteor or a Circuit Breaker like Van Aldritch’s MSoP should be added to his arsenal

Completely disagree. In my opinion, he would be completely fine without nullification and nothing else added to him.

He already has chaos fumble pools that fumble melee and ranged for 52%. He has an attack that reduces your damage for 64%. His nullification projectile deals 30% health reduction and he fires two, and it’s prone to oneshot or deal massive damage. That’s already very similar to Aleks’ meteor. His aura deals chaos damage, 4% health reduction per tick, reduces total speed by 20% and your total health by 28%.

This is enough. He doesn’t need nullification, he doesn’t need a circuit breaker and he sure as hell doesn’t need a high damaging move.

Being a void boy he should get the Sharzul low hp craziness, I’m not a fan of damage reduction bubble timewaster like Aldritch or worse Bourbon

This fits the theme considering even Benny gets enraged. Like this idea

And @Norzan, I wouldn’t have suggested it if it weren’t for the fact that he is easy to find and is still doable in his current state and removing nullification we risk making the fight “too easy” (“maybe”, I am not saying it will get too easy)

I mean, after they nerfed his orb damage from melee range, he became easier if you don’t lose your buffs. Now, when he hits me with that orb, it doesn’t really hit as much, but when I have buffs off, it kinda shred’s me like it’d deal % HP damage, even when overcapped in resists.

If they removed his own aura it might be enough.

Wait, risk making his fight too easy? Valdaran, Benn and Moosilauke are already too easy. Where are the people asking for these three to be buffed? Never saw them. Sure, i see people criticizing them for being too easy, but don’t see people asking them to be buffed.

No sweat? You have been delivering him death by thousands cuts for two and a half minutes with the tankiest build possible - Cadence Witchblade with a shield :slight_smile:

And look, same problems I had during my fight with him, you have to dance around two skill tabs to toggle your auras back on again. That didn’t look like fun at all.

I would vote for some kind of mirror or couple of seconds invisibility spell instead of Nullification for Grava.

Whole “it makes him unique” argument is complete b/s. It’s a bad/flawed/lazy game mechanic that’s making him “unique”, nothing good about being unique like that.

whatever you do with grava, please no fucking bubbles. Burbon bubbles are probably among my 3 most hated things in the game.

I find that funny because Arcane monsters turn your buffs off too, but they SOMEHOW are not annoying. Only Grava is. Wonder why? Maybe because he’s a Nemesis that not everyone is supposed to kill?

Normal monster + Arcane = good design,
Nemesis monster with “arcane” debuff = bad design.

After they nerf Grava (hopefully they won’t touch him anymore), the next OP Nemesis will be Aleksander because people will not know how to dodge his meteor. After Aleksander’s meteor will be nerfed, what will everyone cry about? Kuba healing too much?

You’re just too lazy to walk back and re-buff, so you call it OP, you’re too lazy to move away from an Aleksander meteor that lands after 3 seconds. If you’re too lazy to move your mouse and press buttons, why do you still play this game?

Because Arcane heroes are like 10 times weaker than Grava. Grava is a Nemesis and an Arcane hero is just a low level weak hero. Not to mention how Arcane heroes nullification projectile is extremely easy to dodge by having an huge, slow moving arc that takes several seconds to touch the ground.

And Aleks meteor easy to dodge? Tell that to the amount of times i got out of the way and it still hit me somehow because the isometric view of the game makes it extremely awkward to guess where it will land. Not to mention how everything else he does just does piss poor damage.

Now I just proved you’re too lazy. If the meteor falls on your ass, just walk away, and keep walking away till it lands.

Btw, I quit this conversation - it’s pointless to argue with lazy people.