Grava'Thul's nullify projectile sound effect

I’ve noticed the launch sound from Grava’Thul’s nullify projectile is exactly the same as the Doom Bolt firing sound. This can be irritating in intense battles with lots of stuff going on, I can’t always rely on visuals so I’m also listening to that double thunder sound. But when I’m spamming Doom Bolts it can go unnoticed.

I think the thunder sound is perfectly fine for Doom Bolt, but in my opinion it doesn’t really fit the null projectile. Please consider changing it to something unique and more fitting. Something like this for example:

I say make it sound as a sarcastic laughter

1 Like

Ha yeah that would be fun! “You better run boy mwahahaha!”

Or…

that sounds a bit too alarming :smile:

Might be helpful in this case though:

Alarm sound is nice idea, too. Or some scary theme music. Why :grava: is the name bearer for this? :smile:

Make it sound like Z saying, “working as intended”

Needs the Deadly Boss Mods’ treatment clearly
RUN AWAY LITTLE GIRL or DESTRUCTION

I’ve noticed that purging effects from mobs including gravathul have a specific animation. In this case they usually hold their hands up in the air before firing the purge projectile. This is quite reliable and you have about 1 second to react.

Sure, but visual telegraphing is not the topic of this thread.

I’m talking about 2 completely different spells having the same sound effect and how to make them more distinguishable.