Grim Dawn CCG/Deckbuilder idea

UPDATE: I have conducted an overhaul of this project, to be focused on Single Player PvE, as it is easier to playtest and will be easier for members of the community or Crate to replicate should they so desire.

I will be posting it in a new thread soon.

Heres something to enjoy in the meantime- I have slowly been acquiring various figurines to represent Pets…

Can you guess which Pets these are?

Yes I am still working on this idea!

Upgraded to Tabletop Simulator, and am digitizing it (NOT FOR PROFIT) but to share as a community game, if it works out. I’ve given the game an overhaul. It is currently now a single player PvE deckbuilder. Ill be updating the rules and game mechanics accordingly to clarify.

Here is a screenshot of a few barebones playtest cards on the board.

Crate, please let me know if this breaks any kind of rules. As I said its not for profit and is a labor of love out of my obsession for what is the greatest ARPG I have ever played.

3 Likes

Bring back the birb! :smiley:

Good to still see this moving along. so, this is now becoming a program. Lovely homage

i’m more of a fond of the PvE anyway as I don’t play a lot of MP stuff no matter what game I’m playing. This would make for an instant replacement for my standard solitaire on my damn pad. :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah trying to design PvP was way too ambitious. I still think its doable, but the main hurdle has been playtesting. During the pandemic I havent had anyone to playtest with, so I decided to pursue PvE first. That way I can playtest it by myself, and once ironed out, expand on the working systems to design PvP.

First I need to learn how to use Tabletop Simulator. It could take a while, I am winging it and am a COMPLETE noob. BUT! I am really excited that I realized I could use it for this! If anyone here has experience with it I would love to have that knowledge as a resource, I am sure I will have questions on how to use the program.

1 Like

I don’t know anything about using it myself (tho I have considered snagging it up in the past) but it looks like there is tons of resources on YT:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+use+tabletop+simulator

…and naturally it appears Google has plenty of info at hand:

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+use+tabletop+simulator

2 Likes