Grim Dawn: Definitive Edition now available on Xbox!

Same here, no patch in sight….
Honestly I’m starting to become worried about this port and how well it will be maintained in the future. Even more if it’s true that this port was made by a single dev. What if he quits or gets sick? What if he gets moved to another project? Does not seem to be very sustainable in the long term. Maybe it’s just a one-shot? But I really hope I’m wrong. 18 days since release and no patch available yet is definitely not something to blame Microsoft for (compare this to other titles…also from small studios / indies).

One statement I’d like to clarify at this point: Microsoft does NOT charge devs for patches - not anymore since 2013: Microsoft no longer charging developers for Xbox updates (update: MS confirms) - Polygon

2 Likes

Actually bought an Xbox finally so I could play this on console. Even with a couple bugs in there, it is still very enjoyable. The patch looks to make it solid. Fair play for actually getting this going without a dev kit and getting a patch to cert so quickly. Having a good time with it.

1 Like

That’s because yer new around here. You’ll notice that both the people that gave you some “love” are also new as well. The rest of us tho, been dealing with Crate for years and years now - ain’t none of us here worried about how they’ll handle your port or if they’ll “maintain” it in the future.

We’ve watched them maintain the PC game for years since release, when they didn’t have to. Be worried if ya like. I’m definitely not.

7 Likes

That’s why i specifically said 360 era. Not to mention if you are hangup on that you kinda missed my point anyway.

This, also there is the point how much maintance the Game needs anyway. Sure it would be amazing if the devs get a XSX Kit at some point and deliever a well optimized Version of it. Maybe some bugfixes here and there or with the PC Balancing updates, but overall the Game is finished.

Sigh
You can google it up, but Console specifically need a longer update approval than Steam & Co, it goes even that far for Microsoft in their own store. I know that because i’m someone who actually prefer, atleast if it has play anywhere to get my copys on Windows/Xbox Store… but had quite often times where i had to wait longer… like it lurks below Steam got instantly meanwhile on M$ Store - even PC, i had to wait a few days. So no, it is definitely also a “Microsoft” issue which can be seen on other Games as well. (Again for Vermintide 2 i quite often had to wait a month until they released the newest updates and stuff on console…)

Also this also don’t take in Account that there might be cirtical bugs introduced with the fix which needs to be adressed which delay it even further

hey, i purchased it knowing that it will look poor on a 4k tv, knowing that the devs have not told the truth about the patch . But hoping it will get better over time ! (sorry for the poor english i am from germany)

Patch is live and 60fps is a blesssing, as is the ui increase slider, as is the searchbar working in devotions screen as is pet stance change possibility. Thanks crate!

5 Likes

thank you guys … the patch came out … the frame rate … plus Russian … :fire: … I love you … keep it like that … still split-screen in the future … I will scream like a girl … thx thx thx …

6 posts were split to a new topic: Xbox - Crashing in v1.1.9.4

Thanks for listening and pushing out an update with a higher framerate option. Also the ability to disable depth of field is great and the UI scaling.

It does seem to stutter a fair bit but might settle down as you play more?

Also interested to see the resolution option in the video settings but 1080p seems the only option available?

Now its getting better, looks better , feels smother , whats promised comes to use . I like it , thank you

Wow. I had to come on and say thanks for this latest patch. From the get go I can tell the frame rate is unlocked just spinning the camera around. Like the previous poster, the ability to turn off depth of field and the addition of AA make this game look and play great on the console. It’s pretty near perfect. I can’t imagine how nice it’ll be with the option to push it up to 4K in the future possibly but this is Great for now. Thanks for taking the feedback! Really appreciate it.

Please add a possibility to make a mini-map bigger on XBOX (like on PC).
Thank you!

2 Likes

In the PC version the minimap toggle is hidden in the map UI. Is it missing there for you Xbox gals and guys?

Muito obrigado pelas correções, o jogo está incrível no Series X e espero que possam receber o Kit para fazer ele ficar ainda melhor. Me desculpe se eu o pressionei antes, mas estava muito ansioso. Enfim muito obrigado :blush:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Xbox - Cannot use Merits. It’s bugged!

Hello,

thank you for the Update the fps unlock is great, the Game now is very smoth to play. There is one thing i get aware of. Is it normal that the shadows are pixelated and flicker ? The game looks very good for 1080p now, but this flickering is very desturbing. Can it be that the shadow settings are on low? I have no idea.

I wish you a wonderful Christmas with your Family and Friends.

Your description of shadows matches the “low” setting on PC.

Thank you! It was very difficult to fid it…

So, how are sales

If so, it wouldt be very nice to have the option to select better shadow quality. Please check this for a later Patch please.

1 Like