Grim Dawn Expansion Development News

Some lore from a new constellation coming in the expansion. This was given in the latest dev stream.

Constellation name: Rattosh

Rattosh, the VeilwardenConcealed in shadows, the great guardian of Arkovia watched over the veil between realities, ensuring that no evil would ever escape the spirit realm and wreak havoc upon the living. When the Arkovian Curse spread across the land, it was Rattosh that the people begged for a merciful end, but none ever came.

These Arkovian gods sure love their people…

Well, technically it wasn’t anything coming FROM beyond the Veil, it was things not going beyond the Veil that were supposed to, IE, Arkovian Souls. So wrong God to call, really, if he only deals with things escaping the Veil.

Implying the world of GD even has gods?

We know it has gods. What do you think the shrines are for? From the Devotion section of the Game Guide.

“By exploring the world and restoring ancient shrines, you can tap into the power of the old gods and other celestial symbols.”

he must be a game atheist

Sorry, but apparently you didn’t understand the question. Let me explain. First, the question bears the sarcastic undertones, which itself indicates that you must question the question in order to answer the question. Next, I fully aware that gods do exist in GD’s lore, however, their dissapearance and inaction makes me question their existence in the first place. So I ask the question so I can question.

my sarcasm detector just exploded

Is the expansion early access going to be open to GOG as well? (I suppose not)

Wait, there’s going to be early access?

I would like to know this too.

Zantai mentioned it as a possibility in the last stream he did.

You can hear him in the YouTube video at about the 34:30 mark, they uploaded from the Twitch stream.

Thx for the info.

The question I want to have answered is whether or not Founding Backers get in no matter what.

We ought to.

If you backed a tier which includes the expansion you will get the expansion, otherwise you will have to buy it.

Not sure why you think you ought to get it even when you backed a lower tier, you knew what you were getting when you backed…

Didn’t founding backers get early access to the game in the first place? Seems odd that you’d expect early access even now, so long after you backed the game.

Some of us bought or backed the game with the first expansion as part of that. So it seems logical that we’d also get early access to the expansion; if Crate does early access for the expansion.

Guess we’ll see.

Do we have an ETA?

Yes, as the FAQ says in the first post:

That has not changed.

Cough. Actually, it HAS changed… It originally said Q1/Q2. So let’s all hope it doesn’t suddenly change to Q3/Q4, eh?