Grim Dawn is coming to Xbox!

I couldn’t find any way to change the pet’s posture.
we don’t have the mouse cursor to select the pet.

Then I went to the control settings, and I don’t see anything that can help with that.

Have to ask developers for help.

An important fact,
we don’t have the mouse cursor.

To get the note that gives XP at the beginning, I had to:

1. Open the inventory, then the cursor appears.
  2. Directed cursor to note, as if selecting.
  3. I pressed B (closes the inventory window) and
  4. Then A (takes the note).

It took me a while to solve this puzzle

or you know, wait until you kill Kyzog, the prison opens up, and you can walk upstairs and grab it :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, but if you kill 4 zombies and grab the note hey presto, you’re L2 already! I always do that.

1 Like
4 Likes

I have noted this a few times already, the same problem exists for pc, but then you at least have the option to switch to KB&M
Strangely I have mentioned this a number of times and Crate have never responded to it
It’s also probably not possible to view mutators making certain areas and esp crucible and SR very unpredictable
I’m actually not used to the amount of indifference for this on Crate’s part, it does make the game experience on Xbox incomplete

2 Likes

Control usage is much better on xbox than steam.

I don’t know if one of the control’s configuration options allows selecting objects on the screen (pet for example), because I don’t know English and this game is in English at the moment (I moved to New Zealand to play today, December 2nd in Brazil).

But I think it needs a pet selection function or other kinds of things on the screen. Because I agree that the mouse pointer should disappear, it’s a console game with controls. It has to work 100% with controls.

In the end, thanks to Crate that Grim Dawn is on xbox, because I don’t have a pc with hardware to play with.

1 Like

thank you, the game looks beautiful, so its a buy from me

1 Like

Can’t connect to Multiplayer games. Unable to connect to server is the message I get. Whether I am hosting or someone else it just doesn’t work. What can be the reason for that?

Are you trying to connect to other Xbox players? Or PC ones? Because cross play isn’t possible.

I highly doubt, because there is no crossplay, that they would even see the same list that we do on PC. So that should be a non-issue.

3 Likes

Port is sounding like a disappointment after so many years. One of my most anticipated Xbox games for a long time now, what a bummer :frowning:

I guess I’m not seeing where the disappointment should come from? The dev on here has plainly stated what the port would consist of with specs. He’s also stated they would more than likely look into upgrading it either the Series x/s but for now being 1080p and 30 fps. The controls seem similar to layout on the pc which has also been stated by the devs leading up to release

To each their own but I’m still counting down till tonight to be able to play this game on my series x. A disappointment would be something running below 30 fps constantly and crashing. Be happy we got a solid port that can be expanded upon when they finally get a dev kit.

1 Like

We openly said the game targets 1080p at 30fps, so if someone is going to try to scare people off because it does exactly what was advertised, I’m not sure what to say to that.

We’ve also already said that we are committed to squeezing out more from the Series S/X consoles when we have a dev kit.

4 Likes

I agree with you.

As for the controls, I think it’s a lot more solid on xbox, like I said.
And it’s a console game, there’s no obligation to have a keyboard and mouse.

This was just a wish, which I had and found that it doesn’t work. But the control experience is ok.

I also said that I couldn’t read the control’s interface, because it’s in English, so I’m not sure I can’t really change the pet’s settings.

Just to clarify, I’m loving the game!

Thank you so much Crate!

1 Like

Hm. All I see is one person creating a post whining and then a bunch of people, you included, jumping in throwing in your own two cents on your feelings about their view - with a few others saying it plays fine.

Care to comment some more? I fail to see how this marks it as a disappointment.

2 Likes

My bad. Apparently my modem/router had disabled torero service which the Xbox uses to connect to other players. Weirdly Halo (or any other game for that matter on the Xbox) didn’t require it but this game does. Turned the option off et voila. Worked perfectly for the whole evening.

1 Like

I’m gonna be honest with you, stuff like this geniunly annoy/frustrates me, because stuff like this is the reason why we can’t have nice things. I mean i don’t want to be in the Shoes of being a (Indie) Developer if i see this level of entitlement. I mean just imagine the Audacity people can have that a Dev dare to port the Game over to a specific Plattform (Xbox One) but get trashtalk for it because Microsoft was consumer-friendly enough that said Games are compatible with their newest tech. In a few other Gens you would’ve been forced to buy an older Hardware to be able to play it at all, and you still wouldn’t have better Performacne than now.

Would’ve been a different story if you would’ve sold it as a Xbox Series X|S title.

/Edit:
And INB4 someone mourns about me… don’t get me wrong. I don’t argue about people base their Purchase-Decision on that. If 1080p/30fps isn’t enough for you, all power to you. That doesn’t bother me at all. Same goes for having a Opinion / Fair Criticism/Feedback or Simply Suggestion on that, because if you look at the Forum, i did myself.

My problem is the - you can say even almost toxic - b******* about “Wahhh it’s such a bad Port for Xbox Series X, don’t buy it… devs are lazy wah wah… how dare they” Like b**** it’s not even a Xbox Series X Port to begin with ._.

3 Likes

Sounds are broken. Some effects too silent or completely missed. And in the Xbox shop I see 14 supported languages, but in fact Russian is missed. And I have only one question. If you say openly about 1080p/30fps, why the game’s description in the shop missed the information? It’s seems you just try to not inform potential buyers.

I bought it for the first time, but feedback from my circle of friends said: first, there is no option for Chinese subtitles. Second, the character will jump out as soon as it is created. Third, whether it is a new Xbox or an old one, the display effect is very blurred, which is not as good as the old computer five years ago

2 Likes