Grim Dawn is coming to Xbox!

We openly said the game targets 1080p at 30fps, so if someone is going to try to scare people off because it does exactly what was advertised, I’m not sure what to say to that.

We’ve also already said that we are committed to squeezing out more from the Series S/X consoles when we have a dev kit.

4 Likes

I agree with you.

As for the controls, I think it’s a lot more solid on xbox, like I said.
And it’s a console game, there’s no obligation to have a keyboard and mouse.

This was just a wish, which I had and found that it doesn’t work. But the control experience is ok.

I also said that I couldn’t read the control’s interface, because it’s in English, so I’m not sure I can’t really change the pet’s settings.

Just to clarify, I’m loving the game!

Thank you so much Crate!

1 Like

Hm. All I see is one person creating a post whining and then a bunch of people, you included, jumping in throwing in your own two cents on your feelings about their view - with a few others saying it plays fine.

Care to comment some more? I fail to see how this marks it as a disappointment.

2 Likes

My bad. Apparently my modem/router had disabled torero service which the Xbox uses to connect to other players. Weirdly Halo (or any other game for that matter on the Xbox) didn’t require it but this game does. Turned the option off et voila. Worked perfectly for the whole evening.

1 Like

I’m gonna be honest with you, stuff like this geniunly annoy/frustrates me, because stuff like this is the reason why we can’t have nice things. I mean i don’t want to be in the Shoes of being a (Indie) Developer if i see this level of entitlement. I mean just imagine the Audacity people can have that a Dev dare to port the Game over to a specific Plattform (Xbox One) but get trashtalk for it because Microsoft was consumer-friendly enough that said Games are compatible with their newest tech. In a few other Gens you would’ve been forced to buy an older Hardware to be able to play it at all, and you still wouldn’t have better Performacne than now.

Would’ve been a different story if you would’ve sold it as a Xbox Series X|S title.

/Edit:
And INB4 someone mourns about me… don’t get me wrong. I don’t argue about people base their Purchase-Decision on that. If 1080p/30fps isn’t enough for you, all power to you. That doesn’t bother me at all. Same goes for having a Opinion / Fair Criticism/Feedback or Simply Suggestion on that, because if you look at the Forum, i did myself.

My problem is the - you can say even almost toxic - b******* about “Wahhh it’s such a bad Port for Xbox Series X, don’t buy it… devs are lazy wah wah… how dare they” Like b**** it’s not even a Xbox Series X Port to begin with ._.

3 Likes

Sounds are broken. Some effects too silent or completely missed. And in the Xbox shop I see 14 supported languages, but in fact Russian is missed. And I have only one question. If you say openly about 1080p/30fps, why the game’s description in the shop missed the information? It’s seems you just try to not inform potential buyers.

I bought it for the first time, but feedback from my circle of friends said: first, there is no option for Chinese subtitles. Second, the character will jump out as soon as it is created. Third, whether it is a new Xbox or an old one, the display effect is very blurred, which is not as good as the old computer five years ago

2 Likes