Grim Dawn Legendary Jewelry + Belts Feedback

Can you share the build where they’re borderline OP? I’ve tried I think 3 so far and wasn’t dazzled. 15% on the WPS would work too.

I wouldn’t say it’s op. It’s just the piece needed to make ranged FS and retal ranged RF to be on par with the top tier.

Last I checked the retal ranged FS build isn’t as good as it used to be. I could have been looking at the wrong one. Again someone please give me a link of jaxxon’s on a top tier build so I can cross it off the list lol.

Lol, I was asked not too share this build but I’m sure you can figure it out.

And I’m not saying calling for an early nerf-fix kinda op. Just strong. Top-tiery, even.

If that’s the case then what’s the harm in sharing?

A few patch ago, but should still be good.

That’s the one I tried, I found it gets beat up pretty hard in SR now.

Oh lol. Yeah, I don’t play SR. So can’t really comment on that section… :smile:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWO9odV this one. With +3 Chaos EOR i can actually afford to swap shoulder or bear medal around.

Its in the Chaos EOR thread if you want to talk more about it there.

New Valdun Purifier does well with Jaxxon ring. Removing it from list.

For the time being, about accessories and belts,
Equipment with no resist, without OA or DA ,
These have aspects that are difficult to use as final equipment,
I’d be happy if DEV could review each one.

I use Mythical Lifegiver Signet on my DK build, its ok, dont really have much better to replace it for that specific build though. I would love if its proc would work on ranged however, I have a variation of this build in mind that also uses Soullance (something that could use a buff as well!)
here is the build that uses it
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2p6JKLZ

Serenir’s Commendation used in no green version of my Aegis Shieldbreaker. Actually before last patch green medal gives fire to acid conversion, so it was unable to be used. GT - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2JnM042

My issue with Serenir is that I just have doubts that it’s the best medal you can use in that slot. Consider that when using virtue’s set it’s pretty easy to fill the other slots with multiple things and still perform well.

That being said, since the huge DA buff Serenir got, it’s robust enough that I’ve long been considering removing it from the list simply because it’s solid enough even if I feel its own identity and niche could be fleshed out more.

I’ve always compared it to Markovian’s stratagem and to me it looks more or less superior. However that’s not to say their stats should be equal because different damage types derive their strengths from different systems in the game.

98 DA is just fucking huge though on it so after much deliberation I think I ought to remove it from the list. I think at this point I rather focus on aspects of items that are absolutely failing as opposed to just perhaps lacking. I’ve seen Serenir on enough builds at this point where regardless of whether or not I might swap some things out, including the medal… it just seems fine.

Serenir removed from the list.

@omegam0 How good is the build though? I have my doubts about lifegiver signet. I never love it. It’s painful too because I feel like it’s just simple tweaks off from being stupendous without simply displacing another ring. I feel like it’s pretty close now. I reckon if it’s not quite there yet, another smart choice for +2 to a skill on it would probably do the trick.

Like imagine if the ring instead of guardians of empyrion had +2 to Haven or Resilience, and additionally gained +2 to Menhir’s Will? Would be much better.

Most importantly I think the bleeding resist, while thematic, is the biggest waste ever the builds considering the ring currently. If it gave literally just about any other resistance I think it’d see a lot more use instead of the bleed resist. Elemental resist, pierce resist, acid resist. All these would be stupendously good to replace the bleed resist on it.

Finally, a consideration could just be having flat armor on it which would be pretty premium defensively.

@adoomgod how the build is, its not top tier, but its based off of a Mad Lee build from AoM. it is probably at the best it can be unless more items get changed for the better (would love a different non MI vitality weapon that actually has skill for this build) as I dont believe it was top tier in AoM either so much as just a fun ok build. (not super tested solo SR much, but has killed clones and lokarr though that does not say much)

I do think guardians of empyrion should be changed, the idea of yours for menhirs would fit more thematically and add more of a reason to play a DK . If they do change the bleed, I would think pierce or just flat armor would be the top 2 I would love to see replace it. I also still stand that the ability on the ring should proc with ranged weapons, not just melee.

Ranged support would also open up the potential for it to find a nice place to exist, yeah. But I can see why Zantai doesn’t want to make all items too open. Restrictions help carve out niches. If every item was too accessible it’d be harder for them all to find a place/identity in a build because it’d be more likely another accessible item is better just via the sheer # of options. But either way do you see my point about why I think the ring is lacking and why buffing it specifically could be a good thing?

To simplify: I think this is the case where if buffed properly the ring would find unique places to be used without utterly displacing other rings, thus increasing diversity which me likey. Like your DK build certainly doesn’t indicate a new ring meta lol.

Do you agree with why I keep lifegiver signet on the list for improvement? Pierce or flat armor would indeed make the ring rather interesting. And yeah guardians on the ring sucks. Guardians still are somewhat underwhelming to fully invest in but even if guardian builds were great I don’t think this ring would be the one for them.

Maybe Zantai felt thematically lifegiver -> give life to holy spirits of empyrion. I dunno.
I’m rambling at this point, just let me know if you see my reasoning and whether or not you concur.

Also maybe lifegiver signet if it worked with ranged builds could potentially be tweaked to support Corruption of Garbagol’s intended builds a little bit since those pistols also suck.

I am never against it needing a buff =P

I am also not so dilusional to think it my build would create a new meta, just would love for me to be able to make that build improved on what it does lol.

Aside from personal wants though, like I said, I do think the guardians ability is kind of odd, and the reason for the ranged on it is that I think its ability is something that should be universal (the whole “do damage and attack damage converted to life thing”) as I see that type of skill on a lot for melee builds but not as much on ranged, could be an interesting thing to open up more ranged builds with that. though now that I think of it, instead of guardians, wouldn’t resilience be abetter choice both thematically and usefulness (and work with that corruption of garbagol build thing you mentioned a little)?

I just thought that I love when people ramble and I will do the same as well… But I am also at work and super limited on all my resources for things. Just know, you got my support as usual on the changes, I just wanted to make sure to point out that there is a build that uses the ring (and has been one since AoM). I am also a huge advocate of a 2 hand DK (both melee and ranged as I have an idea of Soul Lance for this build that changes only a few things but may actually work a little better)

I did not mean to imply that your post implied you thought it made a new ring meta. Sorry if I somehow put you on the defense. My point was the opposite, your build I think does a good job showcasing that the ring has upward potential without breaking anything. It was me thinking aloud like, “oh nice, check out that build. Clearly lifegiver signet is far from hurting any other ring option!”

And yeah resilience would be fine. Anything defensive on oathkeeper would be better than guardians on that ring I think. I’ve always been fond of the design intention of lifegiver signet, so I am biased toward wanting it to be good. I think it’s “okay” now and could be buffed to being a really fun choice. Well thanks for your response and example!

Updated Venomfire feedback in thread to:
According to arcane_undo the Necro side is good but without other itemization support for vitality BWC it won’t work out.

Removed Venomfire from the list. While it’d be nice if there was item support for FULL maxed vitality BWC, the build can work by spreading out skill points to other fire skills converted to vit.