Grim Dawn Passes 1 Million Copies Sold!

We’ve been creeping up on it for a while now and I know some of you guys on the forum have been keeping an eye on the Steamspy estimate… All of us at Crate are very pleased to confirm that Grim Dawn has passed 1 million copies sold, across Steam, Humble and GOG! We’ve also sold over 200k copies of Crucible now, which is pretty good as far as add-ons go.

In celebration of this epic milestone, we’ve marked Grim Dawn 50% off through our website until the end of May and it is also currently 50% off through Humble Store, during their spring encore sale!

It’s crazy to think that this success story somehow arose from such humble and uncertain beginnings, overcoming so many setbacks and challenges. I repeatedly questioned what I was doing those first three hard years of development.

Looking back, I think the only thing that kept me going on the bad days, was the responsibility I felt to see it through, for the people who had invested time in the project and those who contributed money early on through our website. Even with that drive to see it through, no matter my doubts, the later support of thousands more backers on Kickstarter and Early Access, validated what we were doing and gave us a real shot at making the dream a reality.

It was still a long road and lot of sweat and tears, from the 2012 Kickstarter to our 2016 release but I had the great fortune to find amazing teammates who made that journey a lot easier and the game much better than it could have been otherwise. Much thanks must also go to my long-time friends “Rhis,” “Jmack," the guys at SkewSound and Brian Parnell (now working on his own project Praey for the Gods) – without their early help; Grim Dawn may have never got off the ground.

My greatest thanks to you all and to my wife who supported me through all those early years and often had more faith in what I was doing than I did.

As is our custom, we’ve somehow made the expansion bigger than we planned but it’s shaping up nicely and I’m looking forward to seeing people play it. We still have a couple months of work to wrap that up and then it will require a testing period but it’s getting there. We may also be ready to share some news about our mysterious new project toward the end of the year…

Until then, keep perfecting your builds, collecting those crafting mats, making morally questionable quest choices and remember it’s not healthy to spend too much time in the void!

…Oh and try not to piss off any gods (or do?), keep away from Loxmere and don’t eat too many untouched meals – who knows where they’ve been!

-Medierra and the Crate Team

congratulations,

and to celebrate this, I have bought 2 GD keys for a give away in a stream of mine :wink: :smiley:

Great job guys, I was a backer way back when and will continue to back you guys as a company and as a team. Can’t wait to hear about up and coming things

congrats i m really happy about this:p

Congrats !

Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

congratulations! couldnt have happened to a better group of developers, people, fellow gamers. :slight_smile:

Mysterious new project? Damn, I can’t wait. :smiley:

Congratulations Crate!

Ain’t stopping here, though! Good luck with future projects and all else that comes with it!

Congrats! :slight_smile:

More than well deserved.

new project at the end of the year means grim dawn won’t get more content, expansions? I hope we’ll get more if the expansion sells enough.

Although i said it in the other thread created, Congratulations Crate :smiley:

You guys deserve all the success and more! Everyone I’ve recommended this game to has loved it. I think I spend more time trying to think up and plan interesting builds than i do actually playing the game, and I love that. :smiley:

Congretulations! I hope that we will see soon a few leaks about your new projects :smiley:

CONGRATULATIONS !!! + YEAH! in remebrance for TITAN QUEST (I bought the
real game CD´s an did not rip them)

YOUR EARNED IT !!!

• Titanquest will be proud of you and you can be very proud of it.

kind regards

ARKON

Congratulations Crate you guys certainly deserve it!

Congratulations! :slight_smile:

Congratulations. I had a friend I was waiting to buy a copy for. Now let’s aim for 2 million. Foreign word of mouth power activate!

Congratulations Carte and to everyone who loves Grim Dawn!

You can see a little hint of it here on Crate Entertainment’s page.

http://www.crateentertainment.com/

If you search the forum for new project you’ll find a few threads on the subject too.

Congratulations Crate. Yeah, it’s been a lot of hard work, sweat and tears at times I bet, but it’s also gone way past the original Kickstarter vision methinks. I seem to remember words along the lines of make a small one act game that takes only a few hours to play. Well, we’re way beyond that and you’ve given ARPG fans a great game. Be proud of yourselves because we’re proud of you.

And I want to thank you all again for the way you’ve interacted with the members on the forum here over the years. Listening, seeking opinions, taking on board suggestions that you thought would be good for the game - I’ve found it an amazing thing to be a small part of. Thanks Crate.