Grim Dawn Passes 1 Million Copies Sold!

As long as we can outfit our kitty in awesome clothes and make up - I’m in!

And ectoplasm!!!

So long as it has (good) base-building…

And I know it’s pretty early to ask this but is it likely the next game will have a kickstarter?

I must say that, for me, I’m just grateful that you didn’t join some cookie cutter video game factory and instead chose to follow your dreams.

Just an amazing game, and well deserved to reach a million copies sold.
I can see myself sinking countless hours into this game still.

Congratulations!

Awesome news, really encouraging to see that independent studios can compete with the big boys. keep up the good work!

congrts guys :slight_smile: love the game!

Congratulations guys!

Man… I can’t believe it’s been this long already, what is it, 4-5 years since the beta came out? It’s crazy how time flies…

Thanks for all the hours of entertainment, it has been really cool watching from the sidelines and interacting with you guys! Best dev team around.

Looking forward to the expansion, and getting some time into the game again. Also, I’m very much looking forward to any future projects (hopefully more ARPGs).

Keep up the good work and have a great summer!

sick my dude

wow I missed this! Congrats!

I feel so sorry for the team, and even more for the game and its players.

After years and years of crawling with alpha versions, then beta versions, then finally a final version, the game then finally reaches its first million purchases.
And everybody appear to be celebrating this as a success… Seriously?

It is not like the developers, or at least its core part, has started everything from scratch. They could have learned more from the game on which this one is partially based: Titan quest (which appears to have reached its first million sales within 16-18 months), and more importantly, they could have learned anything from the game that has defined the basics of this genre 15 years ago: Diablo II (which has reached the first million within its first month of release).

But no, there is always the same hopeless feeling with each update and announcement here of disconnection with the reality, of not wanting to learn anything and of keeping moving on regardless of where it goes.

Should the developers have learned the most basic from the Diablo II reference, a game with the potential of Grim Dawn could have reached its first million within the first 4-5 months after its release at latest.
But 14 months later… Seriously?..

To find a comparison within the same timeline and nowadays environment, the most related competitor would probably be Path of Exile, but a comparison of the sales histories would not make much sense since the game is based on different mechanics and on a different business model.

Such celebration unfortunately shows nothing more but how much the team does not want to relate with the reality of its industry and how much its fanbase is completely clueless about what is going on around…

I am so sorry for this game. Such announcement couldn’t be a clearer sign of the failure of the choices of its core mechanics, platform setup, community management etc, and everybody here is celebrating this… wow… This is very weird.

I hope our next game is as big a failure as Grim Dawn continues to be. :rolleyes:

Are you still hoping we’ll repent from our flawed ways and bad decisions, or is coming back here periodically to remind us a form of self-punishment?

1 Like

I think he is trying to fill the role of the doomsayer “you are doomed, you are all doomed” that’s what you getting for camping at Crystal Lake.

Sigh

I really am surprised as to why you still bother lurking around

Anyways…

Congrats on 1 Million Copies Sold…on Steam alone! Pretty solid stat. :slight_smile:

Awesome! Way to go! I’ve really enjoyed this game and I hope many others continue to!

26/16 response from Zantai to the obvious troll :smiley:

Anyways. Congrats on this milestone Crate! Hard to believe it wasn’t that long ago this game was a pipe dream and the company a couple dudes poking away in someone’s garage. Quite the “failure” story indeed.

What’s weird is your brain and how it processes information in the most convoluted way consistently. But hey, every post you make causes my brain to flatline in awe, soooo, that’s something right?

I feel that if Grohuf were here we could get to the bottom of this in no time.

easy, create yourself a game and sell 1 million copies, let me know when you reach this okay?

god damn it man, selling 1 million of something is always a reason to celebrate