Grim Dawn Passes 1 Million Copies Sold!

If you stop feeding the monkey, eventually it will die.

Just saying.

Shhh… He never responds after a post anyway. He just slaps it out and then ducks his head til the next time usually, likely concocting the next brilliant sequence of letters he wants to impart to us.

It’s like the Second Coming of He Who Shall Not Be Named except that guy couldn’t be paid to shut up.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

So can’t we ban him?

I mean it’s fine if he thinks the game sucks but he still chooses to lurk around to shitpost.
I am not suggesting to ban everyone who points out flaws in the game since everyone here knows the game isn’t perfect. Heck even the devs probably never got around to implement some cool features due to budget and time limits.
My point is this guy is an obvious troll, and as much as i enjoy listening to pompous know-it-alls as much as the next guy, this guy however isn’t even mildly entertaining (not to me atleast)

I doubt anyone has hurt feelings over the post. I think mockery and humorous responses are the best. Clearly the person is a creature that shan’t be named.

Besides banning, they’d most likely create another account. Best to stick with the beast you know, than the one you don’t. Unless they start flooding the forum, then ban them.

That’s the rub tho. This guy doesn’t look at himself as a troll. You can see that he sincerely believes what he’s saying. Who knows, perhaps he feels he’s doing God’s work :slight_smile:

I have money down that he’s the guy that randomly downvotes peoples Recommended reviews. He needs to really show some more commitment to the cause I think and spend a good day giving every single Recommended the thumbs down. Then I’ll know he really means it.

Millions of copies sold and still a failure? … Crate should lower Zantai’s salary or go bust:rolleyes:

Lazy foul creature that cannot be named! Show us you mean it like powbam wrote!

In space no one can eat ice cream. Just sayin’…

I think the guy’s genuine, I mean he actually asked to be banned at one point :p. But still, selling 1 million is never a failure. It just shows how much recognition this game has picked up and will continue to pick up.

I wonder if Zantai feels like a failure on his ginormous yacht with 2 wardrobes full of fresh zentais to wear at his David Hasselhoff parties? I’m so jellie.

I got a strong feeling that grim dawn is still strongly underrated by the community of h’n’s players. But well hell maybe I’m just too old for all this so cold ‘the best hns’ so much going into the alley named ‘mmo crap’. Nevermind, I’m so happy to have GD :slight_smile:

It really cut me to the core… I’ve now realized that selling a million copies only illustrates how we failed to sell copies to the remaining 7.499 billion people on Earth… what a colossal failure

please, excuse me… I need to go wipe away my tears with a handful of million dollar bills

1 Like

I guess I could buy a few more copies and gift them to random strangers to help you guys out. If everyone who bought a copy just bought a 1000 more. I for one would feel better if you could wipe those tears with billion dollar bills instead.

This constant need to put Diablo 2 on a damn pedestal like it’s some holy grail of gaming is seriously starting to piss me off. This is getting to levels of Ocarina of Time and Final Fantasy 7 levels of bad.

Because god forbid any ARPG just ignore what Diablo 2 did and try to do their own thing. But no, every ARPG has to either copy what it did or take stuff from it, because they obviously can’t do anything new on their own.

This constant over glorification of Diablo 2 just made me hate it. Yup, i hate a game that i even haven’t played. It’s stupid but i don’t care, i’ll never touch Diablo 2 even with a 20 feet long pole. See what happens when you constantly over praise something? In a lot of cases it just drives people off.

Also, who cares if any ARPG is the “sucessor of Diablo 2”? What does it matter? Is Diablo 2 gone and other ARPGs need to replace it? No, not in the slightest. Is it also a fact that it’s the best ARPG? No, it isn’t either. it’s just opinions in the end, not some cold hard, scientific fact.

All i see from Diablo 2 now is this oppressive shadow that completely stifles creativity, because every ARPG has to take things from it apparently.

Actually GD isn’t as well marketed as the other more popular ones (i think). It does feel underrated to me and I hope Asses of Malmouth manages to pull more people in since this game deserves as much recognition it can get

I mean really though, I’m sure there are ways Grim Dawn could be better. There are some things I think we could have done better if we’d had more money at the start. There are some decisions that, now that I’ve seen how they played out, I think could have been done better. And sure, GD is obviously nowhere near the best selling ARPG of all time…

However, for a project that grew from just me and a some part-time help, with no funding, to what it became, I’d say we did okay. Even with all the KS and EA money we dumped into GD, the budget was still about 1/3 of TQs but it beat TQ in review score by a significant margin and probably has surpassed it in profit by now. My real goal though was to start a company where I had the creative freedom to make the kind of games I was passionate about, not to break Blizzard’s sales records. We have a team of 13 people now and money to create more games… seems like a win. :wink:

Seems like an understatement :slight_smile:

Its great to see how far the team has managed to come and it’d be even more interesting to see how far you guys go. I wish y’all good luck and do thank you guys for providing us an awesome game

All of you did great job in Grim Dawn. Absolutely no doubt about that. I wish for more teams like Crate. You showed truly honest approach to community and to job.

Perfect time to be Evil Medierra! Quick, delete this and log back in evil mode to repost it. I miss when you used to school trolls as evil medierra. :stuck_out_tongue:

+1 to This :slight_smile:
Grim Dawn is really Awesome and Great Game !