Grim Dawn v1.1.1.2 Hotfix 3

Vire’s Might will once again not cause the player to move its maximum distance when using a gamepad.

I’m finding that I now stop dead in my tracks as soon as I hit a mob, which makes the skill much less useful. I’m guessing that’s because that’s the mob that’s targeted, but I don’t know of a good way to target a more distant mob while using a gamepad. Rather than charging through a crowd, I’m stopping right at the near edge of it and usually only hit one enemy. It’s nice to not end up in weird positions after running around obstacles, but overall I’m finding the change to be a loss.

I do imagine some dual-wielders might get some more tankiness if people post their specific builds and detail what they can and can’t do with them…

Maybe nightblade itself needs a touch more defense?

Great change :slight_smile:

waait there is a way to downgrade without going the piracy route and skip all the horrible balance patches?

Nightblade is actually solid in defense (aside from that shitty blade barrier). It’s just the skill point needed to build, especially dual wield one, need to be plenty. That being said, most of NB build may not have point to put on phantasmal armor or overcapped dual blade.

If blade-barrier was more effective it might help a ton. Hrrrm. Cuz yeah as it is now it’s easy to just get killed right after it ends.

What? No Hungering Reach name change on Yugol’s relic? Game uninstalled, unrecommanded, and unplayed! :furious:

More seriously, thx for the possibility to select previous Shard levels, this will help a lot for farming SR. Also, increased drop of Celestial lotuses, and stronger Leaps and Disengages, ho yeah! :slight_smile:

That being said, most of NB build may not have point to put on phantasmal armor or overcapped dual blade.

True. Physical Resistance would be better (imho!) on skills like Shadow Dance, Pneumatic Burst or Veil of Shadows…skills, nearly every Nightblade build will put a few more points in.

guys everytime I shoot with my 2 handed gun a essence sound occurs and a gold banner like thing appears over my characters head for s second? any Idea what this is ? I know there was a hotfix earlier I downloaded 326 MB ? Please reply

What? Why?

Just this morning i was thinking how shitty the situation with Legendary pants in GD was - as the only one which is being used is Barbaros. And was considering that every build uses those - so i was like Zantai is going to nerf them to the ground but he wont compensate with buffing and making the rest of the pants options - options :slight_smile: And here we go…

Seriously - why remove the whole % armor, you could have reduced it by 50% and buffed/gave relevant buffs to other options instead…

Also looking at comment for Overguard - thank god i didnt roll a new char with FG - i knew that i need to wait like 3-6 months post release so i dont have a char i invest time in - nerfed into oblivion. Guess will wait for 1-2 patches and then decide what build to play.

@Barbaros:
Perhaps the procc was too strong and had to be nerfed. But I am a friend of compensation…why not (comes to my mind right now, had just one coffee, so be patient if it sounds stupid…) give it something outside the procc like + % Armor and/or +% Physique and/or +Health?

And (we don´t know if it is planned in future patches) why not upgrade the other legendary pants especially those for not tank builds?

Although I myself use an MI-pant I really like all builds which can do without it…

I agree with the barbaros nerf because its really looking weird to see the pants being used and can be bis in most builds. so because of this , MI double rare pants should be implemented and increased in drop chance to compensate and also improve some armor.

How bout creating a legendary soiled trouser pants and put a special proc ?

You know me i love the QoL things you add but add an option to enable/disable

[Class & Skills]
Chance of 100% Cooldown Reduction effects, ex. Ulzuin’s Chosen, now have a visual indicator + sound effect that play over your character when they trigger.

Give thunderous strike its point and watch the banner coming over your head indefinitely

When will the mod tools be updated, so we don’t have to invent crazy ways to extract FG files?

It depends. I am a fan of tankiness, so if it still offers tankiness, and overcapping is still weak-ish, it’s fine.
Could you tell us what will be changed there? Not exact numbers, though.

Too many builds are using them, they’re just too strong.

As somebody playing a forcewave build with the 100% CD Transmuter this sound is REALLY annoying as it’s constantly playing.

Any way that the sound and the icon can be manually disabled or I’m just going to have to start to mute sound effects :frowning:

Noooooo not my precious Overguard. :cry:

Extremely uninspired change on Barbaros pants.

Have you ever considered the fact that most Legendary pants in the game are mediocre and those should be improved instead of totally messing up Barbaros? (who don’t have flat hp on them so having armor justified using them). You could look into that and nerf the armor half way or give it another stat instead

When I say mediocre I mean all pants, including FG

Like what?

Make it 30 sec CR?
Cut the almost whatever Absorb on it in half?
Make it innately give you a %total dmg penalty?

Whatever it is one can’t wait not using it at all on skill hungry shield build or leaving it as a 1 point quirk