Grim Dawn V1.1.2.0 Preview

Kind of quoting myself just incase Zantai missed it.

More love to quillthrower & Dreeg set, thx.

Honestly, it’s not even taken anymore that often when it comes to top builds. It used to be one of the crutches that made Spellbinder in Agrivix set - broken. But that time is long gone.

Like I usually take 4 first nodes. Rarely a proc on a non-vitality build.

lol

I can’t really hear any of you over this…

B-b-but… we already saw this in stream, and it’s awesome
I’m really glad that Crate find time and money for this visual’ sweety

You haven’t seen the half of it.

Sure, so I’m excited

No glowing Briarthorn Butts?

#LiterallyUnplayable

(ノ°Д°)ノ︵ ┻━━┻

Z., old man, patch is cool, we appreciate all the work you are putting in for us, nerds.

Just please do address few minor things that I pointed out.

Awesome sir, keep it up!!

(I know I’ve convinced over half a dozen people to buy GD partly because of the constant updates etc)

How is it going?
It doesn’t seem to be written in this note.

Yea, was expecting the massive phys retal nerfs. Probably would haven’t have also doubled down on the %Retal to attack in many cases after also nerfing all of these sources of phys retal, but phys retal was just stupidly busted.

Biggest thing I think still needs to happen is for retal added to attack to respect skill modifiers though, like conversion or charge level amp. Give retal builds a reason to want to buff things like base RF/savagery ranks, so that it can benefit from the charge levels, or use conversion nodes on various skills.

I’m sure this is a mechanic that will take quite a while to get balanced, being so new and radically changing the field on how what was originally a defensive proc of sorts now being a proactive damage tool, so I’m not worried too much on that front.

Having more retaliation centric T3 devotions could also be nice, or at least have it acknowledged on several more T3s. Yugol for instance could be a great place to put big acid retaliation boost in. The proc practically screams “I would be a good fit for Retal to attack.”

And we still lack options for T3 Fire devotions. Honestly would be nice to have more choices than Ulzuin’s Torch or bust. Could even make such a new T3 fire devo also be fire retal boosting.

Thank you so much for your hard work , these FX update are very welcome Zantai !!!:):wink:

I don’t see curse of fraility got a visual though :confused: I give up trying:undecided:

-For Eye of Reckoning getting slower i don’t think it’s a good choice , the game is already slow enought .

Please can we have a bit more source of diversity conversion from item ?

Keep up the good will .

I forgot to applaud the removal of terrify from many skills. It was always frustrating to minimize those skills in an attempt to reduce the chances of this.

Nice!

overall looking probably best balance patch ever i have witnessed as first impression.

have to look and think more to comment further.

ty for hard work

You are not dreaming! This is one change I’m not afraid to hype for you. It’s pretty great!!!

That’s like, almost every patch XD.

The retaliation changes may look drastic but not hit retaliation builds as hard as some people might think. And if any of them were too ruined then they can be bumped back up in following patches.

Now SR set will be a proper placeholder for future characters. And mid tier? For speed maybe but it will probably clear most of the same content it already could, just slower. It’s still extremely safe to play.

This is a very level headed response to the retaliation changes, so I’m happy to see it here. No comment on the devotions but it’s worth mentioning that not all retal to attack builds were getting all their power from retaliation. Some of those items have decent %dmg as well and whatnot. But certainly there were more changes in this patch than could be fully explored. I wouldn’t be surprised if a few retaliation builds receive some bumps back up in future patches. We’ll increment there.

Yeah having mobs run off and die faraway made looting a pain especially with DoT builds.

Patch hype, thnx for good work.
Now some feedback.

Mythical Raka’Jax: added 100% Electrocute Duration and increased Electrocute damage modifier for Primal Strike to 200 / 3s

We need moar. Plz give us moar. :eek:

Rage of Agrivix Set: replaced Fire damage modifier for Vindictive Flame with Aether damage and increased its % Cast Speed modifier to 10%. Added a -15% Fire Resist modifier for Siphon Souls

what is this? 0_0 Lets give Sorcs more cast speed, as they were notable to lack cast speed. And Dat fire resist mod on Siphon… what the point? Like the only source of fire dmg is burn from inferno…onepointer and Fiend proc. :eek:

Cyclone Mark: increased Lightning damage modifier for Thermite Mine to 1-250

That make thermite so good (nope, it does nothing)

Gallows: increased Health to 160 and Vitality damage to 8

Again, pointless change for god forsaken devotion. There is no way I`m gona pick this over compass on any build.

Targo: added 60% All Retaliation damage and 100 Physical Retaliation

Another tanky devotions filled with retal dmg. :eek:

Raise the Dead: summoned skeletons now also reduce All Resistances with their attacks

Yey! My favorite BRO now do something outside of bodyblocking. I hope this won`t be nerfed, cause its a direct buff for aether characters…

Amarasta’s Quick Cut: increased animation speed by 20% for an even quicker quick cut

Yes! Yeah. After 5 years? 6 Years? Nightblade WPS are finally free from DPS loss. Lets celebrate this. with a cake.

Hello Mr. Z! Didn’t read all the patchnote because my English is :o
Thank you for not ruining Cyclone set.
DG changes are :cry:

And to make it clear about Markovians’s stratagem. If you want to balance retaliation part - balance just it. Why x3.5 flat dmg reduction?
For phys builds it wasn’t op, for pierce too. I tested pierce BM, Marko medal+amulet was funny and interesting, but not even close to optimal. DW medal is better. Marko gear for Belgo bm lose ~1min cruci to min-maxed gear.
So IMO you could return all flat dmg to the medal (nerfing retal ofc) and even add +80% pierce to it, it would not became to stong, just more choice for Belgo BMs
ps amulet for Belgothin wps doesn’t work too, very bad crucible timings with poor stats/resistances.