Grim Dawn Version 1.0.3.0

Thanks for taking care of business, crate! Most of these changes look awesome! Except for the Doom relic. The DoT was small and sources of IT are already limited, so why remove it? Also, was the % weapon damage so strong that it had to be removed completely?

Awesome patch overall. Thanks.

All pet bonus-scaling pets now have an inherent 33% resistance to Leech effects.

Crafting: replaced % damage crafting bonuses from the Devil’s Crossing blacksmiths with % Physique. Existing items with the old crafting bonuses are unchanged.

Relics: % damage Crafting bonuses have been removed from the Crafting Bonus table for all Relics that could generate them. Instead, these relics can now generate % Defensive Ability or % Crit damage. All existing Relics that had the removed bonuses have instead received a 10%/18%/30% All damage crafting bonus (respective to relic tier).

Legendary - Mythical Mark of the Forbidden: added 15% chance to cast Toxic Gas Cloud, reduced modifiers to Bloody Pox and Wendigo Totem to compensate

Added a Mythical version of The Eastern Pledge set

The disparity between heavy and caster/light armor has gotten a bit too large with the increased level cap, though it won’t hurt to bring them closer together at low levels as well. To address this, all light and caster armor pieces have had their armor values significantly increased. If you find a Heavy armor that had its armor increased, or a Light/Caster armor that did not, please report it as a bug.

The final chest in Roguelike Dungeons now always drops at least one Legendary item on Ultimate difficulty. Chance of dropping Legendary items slightly increased on Normal/Elite. The chest now always attempts to drop a blueprint on all difficulties.

Good stuff.

Legendary - Diviner’s Vision Set: redesigned bonuses and items in this set

Legendary - Darkblaze Set: redesigned bonuses and items in this set

Hopefully something to look forward to.

It’s nice for bulky trash like Flesh Hulks, yeah, but I find most everything else melts in one Blade Arc anyway.

I just had a Dermapteran Slicer drop with no affixes. At level 94, if that matters.

oh shit it’s happening!

Artifact Handling: fixed an issue with this modifier not affecting Rune of Kalastor’s damage as intended. Replaced % All damage bonus with a % Damage Modifier. This is a net gain when stacking high amounts of % damage bonuses on gear/buffs as the result is multiplicative. Added % Crit damage bonus.

Rune of Hagarrad: increased damage scaling with rank
Chillsurge: increased Frostburn damage scaling with rank and increased chance to freeze by 10%

YESSS. This must be a huge dps boost…

Fixed an issue where Bursting Round, Chilling Rounds and Storm Spread could trigger on melee attacks

This makes sense - but Zantia/devs, what inquisitor setup do you have in mind that can make use of these WPS in ult/late game? or is it designed to always be dependent on another classes default skill modifiers such as cadence?

I was going to read this before going to sleep, but with a changelog this big the Sun might rise before I am finished. I’m leaving it for tomorrow.

Nice work, Crate!

Loving the changes with Inquisitor! My favorite class by far.

Second that. I found the mythical upgrade a while ago, but the cloud is just way too necessary for my conjurer. Now I can switch. :slight_smile:

Mythical Useless Eye of Beronath :cry:

People actually use its skill? Huh. I just stick it on my weirder experimental builds if I can’t think of a better option.

No, but it was a stupid enough item before the nerf, and now this.
Honestly I don’t know what I expected either.

Ascendant Conduit
Ascendant Source
Fleshwarped Codex
Colossal Bulwark

It’s happening… time to test the frames :smiley:

Surprised at the Doom relic nerf… it’s a level 90 relic!

Now the cast does far less damage than similar effects on much lower level relics. with 1100% physical it’s barely topping 3k tooltip damage.

that is TINY damage for an ability on a lvl 90 relic :undecided:

Was the internal trauma really that overpowered? i don’t get it

It feels SO MUCH BETTER!
Got the guide written and I just need a video for it now for my Sorcerer.

Monster Infrequent - Groble Sky Effigy: reduced Cooldown Reduction modifier for Storm Totem to -1.5s

I have this item on my character right now and it gives me a 3.1 cooldown for storm totem. This is strange because the item also gives me a 4th totem. But 3.1 x 4 = 12.4 seconds. The duration for storm totem is 12 seconds. What is the point of being able to summon a 4th totem now?

Is it possible to remove the extra 4th totem and put something in its place?

What the heck is this attribute change? I can’t equip all my gear on some of my characters now. The tiny amount of attributes you sprinkled in the devotions isn’t enough to make up for this.

Otherwise a great patch, but otherwise this is exaggerating something that is already an issue in GD…

I would first like to say: Great patch Crate, thanks for all your continued attention in improving Grim Dawn.
As a side note, I would have to agree with some previous posters about the Doom relic. Doom has higher numbers over Oleron’s Wrath, as expected for a higher level relic, but the OA on Oleron’s in many cases would outweigh Doom if wasn’t for the skill. I never felt the skill was over-powered so a little confused over the nerf.

You put totem 1 at t=0, totem 2 at t=3.1, totem 3 at t=6.2 and totem 4 at t=9.3. you can still drop a 4th totem before the first one expires.