Grim Dawn Version 1.0.6.0

Cool grimtools updated :slight_smile:

The 60 degree arc is not as big as I would have hoped, but each hit working with explosive strike is great. The big question is whether or not WPS work on each strike or just the main one, and whether each strike can proc individually or all or nothing.

Wait, Upheaval never dealt damage to the main target, or was that some bug introduced in AoM?

Because if it was always like that, I want an apology from all the ppl that convinced me I was crazy when I claimed taking it is a net dps loss on a lightning Warder (overrides Feral Hunger and Zolhan’s, at least it used to).

No, it was always like that, one of the reasons why it was so awful.

I noticed the elemental seeker devotion now has a 1.2s recharge delay (up from 1s). Was this undocumented?

With DA investments, any class can have enough defense against certain mobs. With this nerf, some classes or combinations of classes, no longer have this anymore and I think this is not cool for the variety in the game.
Thinking about a build with great DA it’s very challenging, and opens up many other things. Also, it’s not that easy farm items with % DA or flat DA.
Dying with a 5-hit against Ravager is ridiculous, just my opinion. It’s the only part that I do not agree in the update, apart this, great updates.
My char you asked, got 4-4,5k DA. Can facetank some mobs, but still die.

In which case, what class combinations do you think lack defense?

Stacking DA was essentially the cheap way out to building defense - it required no thought or strategy.

Also, it’s not that easy farm items with % DA or flat DA.

Stalwart, of Protection, of Readiness etc. are all Magical-level affixes so they spawn pretty often compared to Rare-level affixes.

Dying with a 5-hit against Ravager is ridiculous, just my opinion.

Ravager is a superboss - like Mogdrogen before him, he was designed to be a challenge for players to overcome and require immense amounts of preparation or even specific setups (like the incredibly tanky Retaliation builds around the forum. i.e. this and this).

The builds I linked make use of high DA (but not absurd levels like 4k+) but also make use of other layers of defense like high armour, high block chance/block recovery etc.

We’ve had these arguments while debating if DA was harmful to build diversity or not, so your points aren’t new and have already been refuted.
If you have a point to prove then sharing GT links would be the best way to do so otherwise I doubt Crate would listen to anyone advocating for roll-back

Evil_Baka sums it up nicely

I didn’t know it was challenging to think whether you want stalwart living ring of readiness or stalwart cronley signet of readiness. And I’ve seen this many time, how on Earth is it too hard to farm stalwart rings compared to incorruptible ones? You can even find 2-3 of those in the shop.

Going up on GOG now!

yay finally:D

I’ve never tried a summoner build. Does it seem viable now ?

Flames of Ignaffar damage has been buffed in many items. Is it significant ?

Summoner builds have been viable for a long time, but they are definitely better with the changes in this patch.

Thanks ! :slight_smile:

Can someone confirm this one: Meteor Shower seems to have a very, very low proc rate (on practice, tooltip normally shows 30% on attack) when bound to Hagarrad or Kalastor. This isn’t the case for some other procs like Eldritch fire or Fissure, and both have lower proc chances than Meteor. I find this strange cause Meteor shouldn’t be included in the recent change as the proc doesn’t center around the runes.

I’m on Steam and the game isn’t updating for me. I have it set to “always keep this game up to date” but nothing’s happening. I’ve tried logging out and back in but still nothing.

Zantai, people are crying now because of the Warpfire nerf which seemed unreasonably hard but I noticed something on Grimtools (link below)

https://www.grimtools.com/db/search?query=warpfire&in_description=1&exact_match=0

In the patch notes it states that Warpfire burn duration was reduced to 33% and 50% for mythical. However, the GT links say 43% and 73% for mythical which both seem reasonable for me. I can’t really tell which is right in-game because of roll variance. Is this a mistake on your side or on GT’s side? Or a ninja buff?

I think Zantai mentions the average roll when they change stats on items, meaning the max roll is higher than that. Just a guess though.

Try verifying the game files.

Thanks! That worked.

Grimtools also mentions the average roll by default, though.