Reasonably powerful builds

Question for the Crucible enthusiasts - where do the healers in Wave 161 spawn? I went out for a spin pressing my luck on the new waves, and I thought I heard upper right, but when I tried it, I saw plant names. I was in the Sands, if the positions are different with each level.

Plant adds + healers + Alex = really bad time, I thought I found a safe haven under the arch and was starting to whittle down the healers finally, but Alex killed me. With what, I don’t know, it wasn’t the meteor, though.

On Sands and Grove, left side. On all the others, upper right.

I hate Sands and Grove for that particular reason.

Also, I don’t know if there’s RR besides the meteor in that wave but sometimes Alex just gets a lucky shotgun (on that attack that goes outwards) if he blinks directly on top of you and you don’t notice. Most of the time it isn’t really a big deal, and it’s a bigger deal in 161 compared to 160, 165 and 170 So there is a high probability that there’s another mob that does RR there.

Yep, I can confirm that my bleed warder (loosely based on the Chinese build) no longer works in crucible. I’m sad because I loved to play that one…

Yeah, Warpfire+node from torch is roughly 170% duration. Probably not enough.
Testing, testing, all needs testing.

I’m with you, man - I really hate wave 161 sometimes.

Thought so.
Now we have to build bleed warder as it supposed to be - a DoT caster. Soldier and Shaman still have a ton of bleed support.
Mythical Butcher of Burrwitch as a weapon, shield, 3,7-3,9k DA, Bloodrager’s set. You can take ideas from DW bleed trickster (build 9 in DW section), I’ve just adapted it.
Or you can look at bleed witchblade (build 5 in caster section).

Make a feedback thread, many are on board. The nerf was too hard

You referring to warpfire? Might not be necessary. I’m still not sure about what the numbers really are but I noticed some inconsistency between what was announced in the patch notes and what grimtools shows on warpfire.

If the grimtools numbers turn out to be correct then I don’t have any problem with the nerf, tbh. Still wating for Zantai’s reply on the other thread, though. Will probably be posting a bug thread if he doesn’t notice it in the patch thread.

Well grim tools states +234/+351% Burn Damage with +58/+87% Increased Duration. I just checked the 4 I have and they are as follows:
323 dmg, 72 duration
304 dmg, 60 duration
240 dmg, 69 duration
301 dmg, 79 duration

It seems that the numbers in grim tools are correct as mine all fall into those ranges.

Then I think warpfire is okay now. Even with the lowest roll, wapfire + torch + wyrmbone gloves is 200% if gloves has average roll. 200% is good enough since it’s almost impossible to not reapply the dot after 9 seconds (average base dot duration is 3s) unless thr enemy dies. Burn builds using justicar will suffer more but I think we need to move away from that armor for casters.

After patch full-buffed Crusible is around 40% easier that before. Pre 150+ is a joke and 150+ is doable by almost every well-put build.
Switched for glacier setup with my binder - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMPgANCku1o some action, clear times are good enough to farm green MI at 150-170 :smiley:
p.s. this is not stealth marketing, this is shameless marketing(Nep) :stuck_out_tongue:

Just out of curiosity - I haven’t tried the new improved crucible yet. You say it’s easier but nor for 2h melee autoatacker (I don’t understand the latter word though). Does it mean it would be more difficult for a 2h melee char that has already beat cruci 170 pre-patch? Or also easier?

////////////

I am really puzzled - I can clear the last waves of the crucible with my warder, and I do use savagery. It’s possibly my strongest and tankiest build.
And in this very thread, that kind of build is mentioned too. How then is impossible sth that can be done? You mean impossible for you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFwr-POqPwI Savagery Vindicator :stuck_out_tongue:

Dude Ultos Savagery Druid could do previous 170 but wasn’t too reliable and Fluff’s Belgothian Strike Pierce BM is able to do it as well
Valinov posted a Nex v Ortus Infiltrator doing pre-nerf crucible (with consumables but his build was actually good)

It’s annoying with fumble crap everywhere but not impossible

Maybe it’s hard for HC players :p. Join us Ptiro, the SC cult is ready to welcome you with open arms :smiley:

/////////////

Thank you :slight_smile:
I’d post my own, but I have not the least idea hot to do all that, and stream and so on. I can only post my build for instance. But it’s not “mine” either it’s jajaja’s modified (slightly) version. So. It is doable. I of course use blessings, potions and banners, and haven’t tried without them. But why should I? :wink:

Jajaja’s Electrocute build isn’t a melee build by a long shot. It’s a DoT build

Speaking of him, his Korba build could do pre-nerf Crucible apparently as well.

I can only think of Ultos Druid using TD :stuck_out_tongue:
I know that disqualifies me

I’m not so good at game particulars as you are :slight_smile: Well, then that’s a DoT build, but still I do use 2H and savagery, I kited quite rarely - mostly on the Reaper, otherwise I stood my ground.
Korba is still in my plans. But that’s dw. not 2H, so not the “impossible” category

I can only think of Ultos Druid using TD
I know that disqualifies me

Ultos Druid with only Savagery and WPS? Or ultos Druid with PS+totem+lots of procs and stuff? The later could do it, yes, like all kitting casters.

Im saying it is impossible to clear reliably with 2h melee autoatacker that run around and hit stuf with 2H weapon and smack faceses with it. By reliably i mean at least 95% sucsess rate. If you have such build then i would change my mind, but i didnt see anything close to do so. Mages and DoTers don`t count.