Grim Dawn Version 1.1.3.0

why 4% phys res to Kraken instead of +50% to all damage??? shocking change :broken_heart:

are you serious? 4% phys res is gold on 2H builds! You probably have +2200% damage so what does -50% do? :stuck_out_tongue:

i dont. i have +240% so -50% is significant

at level 40? xD don’t worry…

the balances are for end-game concerns.

at level 95 4% phys res isnt significant

It is, especially for chars that have crap gear. Easy to get +% damage but harder to find phys res at that high level when you do not have 500 items to choose from. For my 2H beginner builds, that 4% extra phys res is freaking god sent!

My physical Warlord approves the change :wink:

This was a buff at all levels of play. Unless I guess you really wanted glass cannon in the early levels, then I guess it was a small nerf then, certainly not for endgame.

pls add +50% all damage to Ghoul

Um…no…:astonished:

1 Like

And +150% all damage to Chariot of the dead :open_mouth:

i see. thx for your replies ppl. im still shocked tho a bit

you wont notice that -50% damage in 5 levels…

Zo-zo is right. Dmg nerf to Kraken was uncalled for. Just because 2h needed more phys res doesn’t mean they needed less damage.

All 2h lost 50% dmg. 2h (except Stormreaver) weren’t among top 10 (maybe even top 20) fastest builds. So why?

Well if we for real here, every kind of nerf no matter how deserved it might be or even further sometimes is actually even a buff, is for you guys “uncalled for”.

Nerf Kraken, but buff relics. This is a good compensation.

This makes it sound like they now deal half as much damage when in reality you lost maybe 5% of damage, if that… The percentages are additive, so if you had 2000% buff you now have 1950% buff, a 2.5% reduction in damage dealt.

1 Like

Excuse me! I meant 2h lost +50% to the global dmg modifiers. Globally, 5% or even 2.5% total dmg is HUGE. +50% missing from a key devotion is quite a lot, too, locally. Doesn’t seem like much but every little bit of stat matters in the big picture.

Anyway, my point is not the numbers. It is why nerf what isn’t strong. But there’s no point discussing this. What’s done is done.

1 Like

this :smiley: xd

First of all, I love the constant improvements to the FX’s. As for the Phastasmal Blades, they’re blue because of the Cold damage, and they become violet when the Cold to Vitality transmuter is taken. Harra’s Artifice full set bonuses grant 45% Vit to Cold, and the highest roll on a Mythical Speaker for the Dead grants another 54%, adding up to 99%. You believe you could crank it up a bit to make it go past 100%, and coding the game to revert the FX back to blue if it crosses that mark?

Another question I have, which I posted on the last patch notes thread a bit late and went probably unnoticed: why were the nodes in the Shieldmaiden constellation swapped? I can’t find a history on Grim Tools, but weren’t the two on the left the ones with trauma/retaliation bonuses? I remember excluding specifically those two because they were of no benefit to one of my builds, but now the bottom left one gives +% block chance and I’d need to respec something to get it.