Grim Dawn Version 1.1.3.0

@Kaiketsu @malawiglenn

Nerf is aimed at Cyclone set Vindicators and Archons - one of the most if not the most powerful casters/hybrids in the entire game.

Nerf that set then… :tornado::gun:

It’s not that easy. Vindicators are just naturally insanely strong when it comes to Lightning and not much can be done about except some ugly nerfs across the board that will ruin Lightning and Inquisitors. Archons are strong because of the set, Oathkeeper and very stupidly OP lightning Eye of Reckoning. If you just nuke the set then Elementalists that don’t have much to play with to begin with will suffer a lot.

They are probably already suffering from that Maelstrom nerf.

Man I leveled up to 78 on your trickster, that suck

Nerf that aspect then then elementalists do not suffer

Lots of interesting changes. Keep up the good work!

so the oathkeeper and inquisitor are OP and other classes get nerfed. seems legit to me.

1 Like

Having spend 100’s of hours farming for a set with non-low rolled values and then having it thrown down the shitter is “fun and exciting” /s.
Changing the perspective and I understand a direct parallel cannot be drawn, but the idea behind it is still valid. Converting the time spend to work lost in hourly wage, it’d be like someone destroyed your TV. It’s sadly part of the game, but it’s still a good reason for people being a little pissy from having all their work destroyed.

you should also be a bit prepared for this from the beginning when you start to play a game that is still under construction.

If you are writting to me, then I did specifically clarify:
“It’s sadly part of the game, but it’s still a good reason for people being a little pissy from having all their work destroyed.”

I wrote it in response to the guy calling people sensitive (I guess in jest, but in poor taste), for not liking having their build destroyed. They have all the right to be angry and frustrated. As long as they are not taking it out on other people.

2 Likes

Inquisitor being OP is my number 1 trigger.Really?

Good patch and really great loyalists pack

The problem with your argument is the implication that any build got destroyed with this patch. If this is specifically about Deathmarked, i very much doubt that set is destroyed.

How about you test the set in actual gameplay before you start accusing the devs of destroying builds? This is something everyone needs to do, because starting to shout that the build is dead with no evidence doesn’t help anybody.

Balance is not a static thing.

As gear gets added, numbers are changed, old values may no longer be a good fit. There is also something to be said about the community discovering new builds which exposes old problems. At other times, something was on the border of needing adjustments, but we decided to wait and see how things shake out.

so you add a new set/items, then nerf the skill for everyone else?

Well done to the bug fix on switching gears on character -scaled pets.

1 Like

thanks for update. :wink:

@malawiglenn could you check out your beginner storm box/devil/totem vindicators/related to see how they perform now?

lol at you guys, chill on the box/maelstrom nerfs. vindicator fucking flies with potato gear or high end gear and it’s not like they cut the damage in half. im not entirely sure how i feel about it yet, but its not a big deal :smiley:

I can tell you that the dead have become more powerful. Those Necromancer buffs are lovely :heart: