Grim Dawn Version 1.1.3.0

So, Thunderous Strike went from 25% of weapon damage to 15% of weapon damage. That’s a 40% nerf. Nice kick to the jimmy for my ranged primal strike Warder. It was fun to play, but I really don’t think it was so overpowered it needed to be cut off at the knees. Back to Path of Exile for awhile, I think.

1 Like

Yeah, let’s take one thing out of context and ignore the item literally above that…

Literally a +10% Weapon Damage gain for Thunderous Strike at max ultimate rank, no change at rank 16…

Not to mention calling that a 40% nerf, even without the buff above, is just absurd.

Primal Strike went from 250% to 260% at max rank. And if an attack is reduced by 75% of its weapon damage before the nerf, then by 85% after the nerf, its damage goes from 25% to 15%. Isn’t that a 40% reduction in the damage the weapon does? There may be mechanics I’m missing here, but it seems pretty straightforward to me. 4% buff, 40% nerf.

The mistake you are making is that the penalty is not multiplicative, it’s additive. :slight_smile:

The Total Damage Modified by part is multiplicative.

Ah, ok, my bad. In that case, it doesn’t look crippling at all. I thought that part was multiplicative. My apologies.

The changes on SB belt is quite shocking. It was picked for acid build just because of aether res, %OA, and +1 skill. BB belt bleed res is not as useful. Damn crate.

The changes on vileblade pact is quite shocking as well. But of course my misery Dervish can still fly high!

Maelstrom is nerf again, while box nerf may be offset by the buff on item skill modifiers. However, my lightning queen may not be able to survive anymore.

Overall buff to blightlord and valguur set. Love it. My build got even stronger. Lol.

Anyway, good patch overall. Now I want to play again and spend the rest of my weekend for grim dawn.

Edit: Deathguard is still sucks though. Change to shadow strike is interesting, but it also need big buff on the stats it gives. Also make it an acid shadow strike set is redundant because we already have dunefiend for that. I feel like you guys don’t think this through when doing the changes. Except the dagger, the set need a complete redesign IMO.

Damn I just started getting hooked at autochess then patch comes out. Well I had a theorycrafted ulzuin sorc and it looks like canister bomb just got better.

Btw, do we have a replacement for vileblade as the RF set? Cause it sucks not having a set for one of Oathkeeper’s main skills while friggin smite has one.

You don’t have to update, y’know. Turn your steam autoupdate off, and shit magically doesn’t get broken…

GOG team are not at work until tomorrow i think so we will see pack 2 and the update on 1.1.3.0

All the major features are amazing but one I like best.

Don’t get me wrong I love those illusions but some characters need a little less and I found myself wanting to make shoulders invisible the most. Too bulky and some interfere with the helmet.
thanks!

Galaxy updated me to 1.1.3.0

Okay there’s a lot to like here but Jesus H Christ the new Primal Strike and Blade Burst graphics are amazing. And now we have cold Righteous Fervor and Savagery that actually looks properly cold. I know that gfx conversions are a pain to add but I can’t really overstate how much of a difference they make to my enjoyment of the game, so thank you. Seriously.

Now add some cold heavy armor so I can change my signature. :stuck_out_tongue:

I know it these threads are full with rants but seriously… Between the lines of this changelog I read: PLAY THE GAME THE WAY WE WANT YOU TO! YOU FOUND A BETTER WAY OUTSIDE THE DEDICATED SETS AND ITEMS? YOU THINK YOU’RE CLEVER? THEN FUCK YOU! MURMUR IS THE BELT FOR ACID! FULL CLAIR IS THE SET FOR AAR! FULL ULZUIN FOR CANISTER! DON’T YOU DARE DISOBEY!

Overreacting here a bit. But really. Why? Other than that nice job. Thanks for the hard work.

1 Like

Why is everything updating this week?

Like 9 games I own have updates this week alone.

Don’t you know that Bloodstained got released on Tuesday?

I AM VERY BUSY!

Probably a good thing I lost my job four months ago.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s been Zantai’s philosophy towards item design for quite some time now. He doesn’t like when sets/items are abused by classes/specs they are “not supposed to be used by”. That kinda kills build diversity a bit.

On a positive note there is no way to homogenize every item/set with just one or two classes/builds, there are so many items and possibilities it’s just insane. Which reminds me that I should post my stupid broken immortal Cyclone EoR Paladin.

1 Like

And see Beronath belt convert 50% lightning to acid in the next patch? :rofl:

Could anyone explain to me WHY is THIS a bad change? Are you just mad that you cannot use the same belt for literally any nightblade build? This change is nice and opens up new possibilities. If the other nightblade belt is shit in your opinion, suggest changes, stop crying over nothing already.

You people only look at bad sides of changes. Something becomes bad for acid damage, “OH NO CRATE FUCKED UP MY CHARACTER IT’S DEAD NOW DEAD BUILD DEAD BUILD CRATE SUCKS”, meanwhile builds that were impossible to do or were just trash become good, but no, let’s only look at bad sides of the changes. Have you thought about pierce/cold builds? No. Have you thought about literally anything else you can do with this belt now? Again no. Change = nerf, that’s how you people think.

1 Like

Yeah I will check. I still think its pretty wierd that if new items are added, and make things OP, then nerf the new items - not the skills… this kind of nerfing will just destroy regular players builds.

if the nerf taget is cyclone set builds, nerf cyclone set

why nerf krakan? most 2h specs are already in a bad place in this game. and 4% physical resist? lol.
Should have just kept the damage the same and added the physical resist on top

First check the changes, then try them, then talk. 4% physical resist is way better than the 50% damage.

1 Like