Grim Dawn Version 1.1.3.0

yeah it is. 50% damage is nothing when you have like 1500% or more (like less than 3% total damage)

No, User, this change is specifically to pacify the dervish. It does not create any new possibilities. There already is a belt with acid to pierce and its name is Treacherous Means.

EDIT: That too was changed. Z didnā€™t say how. Anyway, now we have 2, possibly 3 belts for pierce, 1 belt for cold with closed doors to converting more acid to cold, and 0 belts for acid (except Deathguard reaper butā€¦ waitā€¦ still no bonuses to necro on Murmur?)

Twenty new items , nice thank , letā€™s wait and see what they do :slight_smile: I hope it will add moar diversity in build though.
I like Chillheart get more conversion to cold .
Deathmarked need a change in name now that it no longer hate human for a Cold Marked name =p ( no more shinigami feeling)
Cool FX change but didnā€™t tested yet since atm iā€™m playing POE . Thx .

We have no acid belt for Oathkeepers too, no one cares. No bleeding belts for Soldier, no one cares. No piercing belt for Inquisitor, no one cares.
We have no acid belt for Nightblade, apocalypse, worst game ever. Time to quit the game, Devs suck.

Basically most of peopleā€™s mindsetā€¦

To me spellbreaker belt nerf is just as deserved as all others. It certainly was the strongest belt for any cold and acid nightblade by a long shot. And it will probably still stay like that for cold. Acid nightblades will be pretty sad, but at least murmur belt got buffed a bit. Losing that +1 nightblade is still huge.
Also Stormbox did get better gear mods on some items, so itā€™s mostly a Vindicator nerf, which is fine imo. Maelstrom got nerfed as others said cuz of cyclone set and Vindicators in general. I do dislike that Elementalist has to suffer for that and I wouldā€™ve preferred some small nerfs for the auras/passives of Inquisitor like deadly aim or Word of Renewal instead. And also it wouldā€™ve been an option to further nerf cyclone set a bit. The set still has insane phys res for a caster.

ā€¦to notice +100% bleed on Chains of Oleron?

Like I said, Iā€™m overreacting and just ranting. Normal human reaction to losing your toys. So, youā€™re right. Maybe I shouldnā€™t. Murmur is okay and opens door to stronger acid Meteors setups and possibly Imp. But itā€™s meh. Losing +1 to nightblade on this dervish is huge and totally undeserved. Dervish struggled with points. I think switching to Blade Breaker Sash is the way to go for acid dervish now (though that was nerfed, too, just in case). At least until they give it 50% acid to freaking chaos or something.

1 Like

Okay, I forgot that, but my point still stays.

• Mythical Maw of Despair: added 40 Aether damage modifier for Callidorā€™s Tempest and -1s Cooldown modifier for War Cry. Removed Chance of Damage Reduction modifier for Callidorā€™s Tempest.

Oh look, i found another nail into the CT Sorc coffin! Because melee casters are not fragile enough huh?

Spellbinders uses Decay for dmg red anyway

Thatā€™s why i said Sorc

2 Likes

Thereā€™s better things to run on acid. Namely; murmur.
Iā€™m pissed because this messes with my cold builds. More importantly this isnā€™t a pierce belt. Thereā€™s already a pierce nightblade belt. Thereā€™s other pierce belts, and this change was either A. A really bad attempt at nerfing acid NB, or B. Another instance of devs throwing conversion around without an actual clue. Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s B.

If you used CT, youā€™d know itā€™s the weakest skill in the game and that 15% damage reduction makes this skill worse. Now at least it has some additional damage, will still be bad, or rather the worst, but Crate is trying and this is what you should appreciate. There are multiple other sources of damage reduction, for example Oleronā€™s Blood component, which has 20% for 5 seconds and itā€™s not even a bad component in general. Has 2% OA which is huge.

This is actually a perfect example of crate trying to make you play the game they want you to. Ya is right after all. Using maw of dispair for a non battlemage? No damage reduction for you! That said Spellbinders have RE/Ill omen for damage reduction and sorc at least got bwc for physical damage reductionā€¦ But just like you I donā€™t understand why they have to nerf a non OP Item and the nerf is actually hitting sorcs, a class in need of a buff, more than spellbinders.

Using BWC for phys dmg reduction feels almost as bad as being forced to run thermite mines. In some cases worse.

At least BWCā€™s AoE is bigger :smiley: Speaking of mines, I donā€™t see any buff or change to themā€¦ sad.

It was always that size, just the fxs didnā€™t cover the whole area as they were supposed to I think.

And Thermite Mines are being looked at.

Oleron Blood has 2% speed, not OA. Ye CT is not a cookiecutter skill but switching 15% dmg red with 40 dmg is not good idea since the dmg will not be really great anyway and the survivability will drastically fall. Especially with Agrivix set which is designed for CT sorcerers.

I wonder if anyone even tested lightning elementalists w devils before the patch went liveā€¦

Good job guys, some of changes I donā€™t like, but other one looks great, so in total Iā€™m happy by this patch. Will test them all in a next two weeks :-3

Iā€™m curious if the crate pet give some sort of bonus/help? The will-oā€™-the-wisp increased the light radius which I find in some places very nice to have.