Grim Dawn Version 1.1.4.0

I’m not sure it’s necessary to expect such restrictions.

So long as non-English speakers are aware that they may not receive a response, I don’t see how this hurts anyone.

9 Likes

Здрасти!

Man, it’s funny how different words sound in related languages. In Russian, “здрасти” is short and less formal form for “Здравствуйте!”, which is a formal greeting.

And yeah, google translate told me that you’re from Bulgaria, so hi there, and thx for that piece of advice!

Thx for that! Btw, how soon can we expect the fix on monster HUD scaling? )

2 Likes

Deferred rendering is super awesome!!!
Finally I can maxed all graphic settings and having no lag whatsoever!!!
Thanks Crate!

Great update!

But the Antialising mode when Deffered rendering is selected is a bit mushy.

I disabled it and wanted to use the Nvidia AA but it does not avtivate, anybody knows why?

In case people were curious about the MI belt changes.

4 Likes

Thanks I made a compilation in my beginner build collection but I forgot that someone might actually be interested

here is changes in Dark one set

A pinch of which are amazing, the rest are just fodder for Maymay builds

I’m all for more meme build support (do helms and amulets next!)

This update is amazing, I love everything about it. QoL changes feel so good, the performance increase is very noticeable as well. Round of applause for the devs, they did a fantastic job on this.

After some play, gotta second that HUD feedback. It’s not necessarily the size of the healthbar that I find excessive, but particularly the size and, above all, the spacing of the font for names. Letters are really far apart from each other when the rest of my UI is in a very readable scale.

In addition, after going through most of Act 1 right now, I love all the visual upgrades (and oh boy the difficulty upgrade too), however, I kinda wish the Ring of Fire visual you got on enemies like Gethrand went back to its original look. The original visual was damn beautiful. The new one, honestly, doesn’t even look much like fire, it’s looks more like some kind of vitality aura.

1 Like

Deferred rendering doesn’t work with MSAA.

Hence the in-game FXAA implementation that causes the blur you’re talking about…

Choices are: better FPS with blurry FXAA using deferred rendering / lower performance with MSAA on and deferred turned OFF

EDIT: I agree with the posters above that mentioned the bar size being too large up-top and perhaps having a tickbox for “always show monster HP bars”. :+1:

There is choice no. 3 which is deferred rendering with AA turned off completely. The image quality is comparable to the original renderer with AA turned on, except you get all the shiny particles and reflections too.

3 Likes

Absolutely great patch, love all the changes. Maybe the new Monster HUD should be a little smaller. And it would be nice to see the Health values in the big Health Bar too, who I actually focus, if it is possible. I don’t know how much work need this. I love to keep my eye on the Health values (when I used Grim Internals) and it would be easier to read too. Thanks for the cool updates and QoL changes, you are the best Crate.

Yes, some of the fire visuals are a bit weird to me to. New Thermite Mines, for instance

EDIT: about the conversions on the belt. I don’t understand why there is no Vitality to Chaos conversion anymore. There are plenty of conversions to Vitality, even from Chaos. But conversions to Chaos are sparse. If you’re building a Chaos autoattacker, that part of Vitality from Second Rite, that got converted to Chaos, was very important.

2 Likes

Yup that baffled me.

Also the removal of increased armor piercing on the Gargoyle Girdle will hurt lesser geared pierce builds, in particular ranged ones whom can not use neither blades of nadaan nor blessed whetstones

2 Likes

You forgot to add that you’ll also get all the jaggies as if playing on the original renderer with AA turned off - deferred rendering doesn’t smooth any edges by itself.

I get your point, but I’m all for laying it down on Inquisitor. I hate how OP that class is ha ha :smile:

As for Chaos…someone at Crate (ahem) is obviously not a loyal child of Chthon…and is working against him whenever there’s a chance…

“Avenger’s Crusher: Increased bonus to Brute Force to +4 and % Attack Speed to 18%”

My crusher updated upheaval bonus to 66%, but I still see +2 Brute force and lower attack speed. Wasn’t it supposed to auto update entirely?

Yeah you can see it in grim tools too

that item has not gotten updated correctly

Guys, try to post all of these bugs in here 1.1.4.0 Missing Value Updates :slight_smile:

Then I must be blind cause I don’t see any more jagginess on the screen now than with the old renderer with AA on.