Grim Dawn Version 1.1.4.0

aw damn. Hoping for a hotfix I guess, I’m just in the middle of playing a kick@ss avenger…

Is this a trick? Did my eyes deceive me, not a nerf.
So afraid of what’s gonna happen on Inquisitor next time.
And now I am

Well it was bound to happen on a patch thread the fanboys will defend, even thou what i said is 100% fact. Kymon on Ultimate is in my top 3 of worst designed bosses of all time and i am 35 years old so thats alot of bosses to go up against. Rest the game is awesome thou.

It’s you versus the world I guess.

I’d be more careful about stating opinions as “facts”. Most people learn that by 35.

11 Likes

Skååål för helvete!

Igen. Kymon apó bizony eléggé seggfájdalom, kell hozzá a nyugtató, hogy ne remegjen a kezünk, meg egy bádog sün katona, eskűt tartó típus…

I was riding the “nerf kymon pls omg he’s too OP” - train aswell when FG came out, but I’ve gotten off at the station called “git gud”. I’m very much enjoying my stay.

Memes aside, I lost a HC char vs him on the first day of the xpac and never did after that (killed him at least 20 times since then). Kymon can be outplayed pretty hard (dodge jump or just stay close melee with him so that he doesn’t jump and also time your defense boots vs his belly breath) and it’s actually refreshing to have more bosses that require some good piloting now than before FG. I very much prefer these types of bosses than boring ones. I’d personally call zaria the carver the worst designed boss in Grim Dawn. She’s fairly tanky but deals 0 damage and has 0 interesting skills.

TL;DR: I apprechiate you not nerfing father kymon. Maybe you could redesign Zaria the Carver tho (If you got any spare time, which I know you don’t).

3 Likes

Skål för den bistra gryningen!

1 Like

Mee too, but Korvaak is much easier than Kymon. The second last boss is much harder than the last boss. Why is this familiar?.. Diablo II Lord of Destruction? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I love it!:blush:

Deaths I had to kymon: 1
Deaths I had to korvaak: 1 (ok ok, that was meme flame skeletons defiler though)
—> they are equal in power :exploding_head:

For someone who fights both of them for the first time, kymon is way harder. For someone with some xp on how to play around kymons abilities, I’d actually argue that kymon is easier.

I’ve actually still not played that game. :open_mouth:

Yeah that is what I am referring to, for a casual player - Kymon is harder. For a well geared char in the hands of an experienced player, not that hard.

Its like not having heard the Beatles, shame on you. Get back when you have a HC level 99 Diablo 2 char.

4 Likes

Me versus the world? Please I have seen many posts on this, as i said it was not the best place for me to put this on a Patch note update, that was my mistake as it was never going to go down well. And its not an opinion that he is badly designed this is a fact 100%. Can be supported by evidence but at the most basic level RNG in a boss fight = bad design

Look i am not going to argue with you Zan i think you guys made a wonderful game and support it very well better than most companies thats for sure. You messed up on 1 boss thanks to modding we can get past this mistake until you fix it.

Evidence which, like your character build, is still not being shown.

Are we sharing this?

Deaths to Kymon: 0
Deaths to Korvaak: 6

I get greedy on that damn third phase, I’ll tell you…

3 Likes

ok ok ok my turn!

Deaths to Kymon: 8
Deaths to Korvaak: 0

1 Like

This patch is truly superb. Fantastic job!
I noticed one strange change: Mythical Rune of Elgoloth’s new conversion overlaps with Mythical Dread-Mask of Gurgoth, which just got updated as well. Would converting fire instead make more sense?

Do you mean “fire to lightning”?

Yes, converting fire to lightning instead of physical to lightning.

GJ CRATE!!! LOVE the improvements!!! Much smoother & the pre-rendering is amazing!!

What evidence? What RNG?

1 Like