Grim Dawn Version 1.1.4.0

nice update specially the new graphics settings it improve my fps and demn that particles effects so pretty without hindering the performance of the game and the auto loot of components and the hp indicators of mobs i love it thanks

and about the female things it awkward at first since the boobs feels like increase or becomes bulky but kinda the same ingame

WOW … I don’t think this forum will warm welcome in other language
BTW I’m from Thailand. This game is very popular and many people use GI like oxygen :laughing:

ฉันรักเกมนี้ ฉันรักชุมชนแห่งนี้ ฉันรักผลงานของทุก ๆ คนที่สร้าง build ขึ้นมา เกมนี้เป็นเกมที่ดีมาก มากกว่าเกมแนวเดียวกันที่เคยเล่นมาหลายเกม เกมนี้มักจะถูกเกมคู่แข่งนำไปโจมตีเสมอ แต่ฉันไม่สนใจ ฉันรู้ว่าฉันกำลังเล่นเกมที่ดีที่สุด และมีแฟนเกมในประเทศไทยหลายคนที่รอคอยอย่างใจจดใจจ่อทุกครั้งที่รู้ว่ามีการอัพแพทซ์

ขอบคุณ Zantai และทีมงานทุกคนที่เหนื่อยกับการสร้างเกมที่สุดยอดแบบนี้ ขอบคุณจากใจ

2 Likes

By the power of Google Translate, glad to hear!

9 Likes

The difficulty changes to the lower levels feels very nice. Went down to kill the Warden and found my health actually dropping. Even the spiders put up a fight.

Thank you for this update, can’t wait to play more of the early content.

1 Like

Kymon is weird in Crucible and SR, cause you can’t focus on him. In campaign he almost killed me first time, cause I didn’t know of the DA debuff mechanism. When I check my ingame stats 1.9k DA :scream_cat:

Diablo II, I need to play that game. Only concern is that I am gonna be noob again. :slight_smile: Beatles, nah try Beethoven.

2 Likes

Thank you guys for the patch! The effort you all put in is much appreciated! I could not thank you all enough!

Great work! :+1:

Zantai, do you have any plans to grant more support for ranged mage hunters builds, in particular for 2h elemental builds? To my knowledge there are no suitable 2h ranged weapons with elemental damage for these builds for end game. Mythical Will of Fate could be a nice solution or you can grant % elemental damage to (mythical) Vortex of Souls like it was done for Arcblade.

Quick question, so you have to enable the Deferred renderer to access Very High Particles?

I’m able to choose Very High Reflections just fine with the old/standard DX11…

yeah, because usually people just praise the changes :wink:

I don’t think it makes any difference where you post as to what the reaction you get from others, it is about what you post…

can you be more specific ? because quite literally every single fight has a lot of RNG in it (hit / miss, amount of damage dealt…) So at a basic level no fight in any ARPG does involve no RNG

The new performance updates along with the quality of life, UI changes, and low-level challenge balance have made what was already a great game into what I now have to consider the best ARPG ever made, and I never thought I’d actually give the nod to anything over Diablo 2, yet here we are. The dedication to this game over it’s life-cycle hasn’t just made it one of the best games of it’s genre, it’s probably one of the best PC games of this entire decade at this point. Superb work all around.

4 Likes

fggnghnghnghg

Well it was bound to happen on a patch thread the fanboys will defend, even thou what i said is 100% fact. Kymon on Ultimate is in my top 3 of worst designed bosses of all time and i am 35 years old so thats alot of bosses to go up against. Rest the game is awesome thou.

Kymon isn’t as hard as I thought myself. To quote myself (this is for Ultimate Hardcore, untwinked - running green items and crappy purples)

Well, that was way easier than I expected.

1st round, I popped the Aether Cluster and DPSed him. At 12th second mark he was at 50% HP.

Then I started to kite. The key thing to remember is that it’s those damn flames that are deadly (getting in the middle of one would reduce my HP by half! from 18k to 9k lol), not Kymon himself. The flames are actually following a set pattern and are fairly easy to dodge, it goes like this: outer circle -> inner circle -> left side -> right side -> “cross” and then it repeats. All you have to do is to remember this while kiting.

My original idea was to kite him until my aether cluster is available again, but when I was about to attack him, he died. Lol! Guess the damage from blade spirits + Rattosh + revenant skeletons was actually big enough to shave his remaining 50% HP during my kiting.

Kymon would hit me occasionally by his jump (annoying during the "outer’ and “cross” phases as you need to run around close to the center and he can jump through the gap in the middle to surprise you) but he didn’t exceed 50% of my HP in damage.

Things to understand are that:

1. it’s the FLAMES that is so deadly and if you can’t facetank Kymon (weak build, weak gear or both), you have to learn the pattern and avoid fire at all cost
  2. many of Kymon’s attacks stun. This opens you up for getting splattered via orbs or flames. Stun resistance of some form is really important.
  3. Kymon reduces your resistances by 25% with his mere presence. Remember to have 25% overkill on fire rez.

Honestly, I’m not even that good at kiting and what I’m to point out here is that Kymon lost 50% of his ultimate HP to 18/16 Blade Spirit with Rune of Rattosh activated - in 80 seconds. That’s a lot

He’s not the Crate of Entertainment you guys sadly didn’t nerf, which requires stupid, gimmicky builds and tricks and is impossible to beat for many fun builds in the game. Secret boss or not, he shouldn’t be that stupid. You can beat Kymon by “passive damage” like Blade Spirit and kiting.

The Crate of Entertainment uberboss REALLY requires a look at. Because shoehorning peeps into high DPS 60% physical res/4500 armor dudes with 80% CC resistance in a kill-in-3-mins-or-die kind of race (remembering to have as little AOE as possible, possibly none, with War Cry being a mandatory skill so it must be part Soldier) kinda sucks.

EDIT: this forum layout is killing me. 2nd time I edit my own post instead of replying to someone. Sorry for DELS above they shouldn’t be here. I just restored my post thorugh history.

Any boss that requires a complete retune of your build doesn’t count as standard content anyway

I used to be on the same wagon of “pls kymon 2 hard pls nerf” until I understood that you aren’t supposed to stay immobile on the same spot while the pillars of flame engulf you like a moron. With that in mind, Kymon is barely harder than Ekket’Zul.

I disagree about Crate of Entertainment. It’s a joke boss that doesn’t earn you any achievement and drops an useless helm only good for illusionist and a barely useful amulet. You don’t need to be able to defeat him with every character.

I haven’t retuned any build of mine yet to tackle a boss and my shit build L100 Conjurer did Kymon, Korvaak and Kuba on Ultimate without too many problems. Not saying he didn’t die because he did to Kymon and Korvaak I think, but only the once. And those were during testing. Moosi he’s also dealt with and I think the Mad Queen too.

Medea is correct. I have 130+ level 100’s. None of them had to build around Kymon. Some just had a harder time. He is harder than Korvaak though to me, once you have learned both their skill sets.

2 Likes

@medea_fleecestealer @adoomgod He’s referring to the comment above him concerning the Crate of Entertainment boss.

Derp. My bad yper

For a completionist, tackling the hardest boss in the game doesn’t need an icon achievement, but is one of the goals.

Every character? Never said anything about every character. The problem is, maybe 0.1% of the builds can do it. I’m not kidding. It’s that insane.

You need to follow the guidelines I gave in the previous post to be able to. ~60% physical resistance, over 4k armor with 100% absorb, high DPS, 80% stun/petrify/freeze resists, and access to war cry. How many builds can fill all of those?

I’ve heard people being able to clear it with summoners, but never seen it.

see Will O Wisp - Pet Cabalist. As long as you can dodge and kite the crates properly it’s not that bad.

2 Likes