Grim Dawn Version 1.1.4.0

That’s what’s happening here - FXAA makes everything a little more blurry, since it doesn’t know where the actual edges are and tries to find edges by itself… try deferred rendering with antialiasing turned off for a comparison.

May wonders never cease from Crate.

Sincerely,

Thank you,

Malpheas

1 Like

5 Likes

did EoR just get nerfed? though it was bad end game already

Another thing. If you want disposable pets you can resummon, putting your points into blight fiend and getting the transmuter is a better investment, as you get disposable pets that actually live their full duration as opposed to dying 1 second after they finish their initial summoned animation.

Leave skeletons for us specially masochistic players.

Anything else like that, just report it as a bug. Thanks!

1 Like

hmm the graphics with the new renderer are terrible, i compared both:worried:

Thank you Crate for your still improving this awesome game :slight_smile: :grim_dawn:

1 Like

Was EoR nerf due to Cyclone? If that is the case, isn’t it best to nerf Cyclone instead?

2 Likes

Alright: … When will the GOG version be out ???

1 Like

Yeah, I just did that now. FXAA is the culprit. :frowning_face: With it turned off the image no longer appears smudgy or blurry, it basically looks the same as the old renderer did albeit without any AA. Wow. I’m just immensely surprised that FXAA can have such a negative effect on image quality. :flushed:

Time to experiment with Nvidia DSR…

2 Likes

I asked the same thing about Maelstrom and storm totem last patch notes…

Now! Thanks ^^

Wow, Thank you Crate!

I tried every option on/off. Sadly it doesn’t have a toggle. :frowning:

1 Like

ok i have to try this, thanks

my partial and biased TLDR;

• Retaliation BWC is back!
  • Auramancers are stronger
  • Green belts with +1 to all skills
  • Pyran now loves Arcanists
  • Raddaggan must be tried again
  • Expected nerf to Oathkeeper
  • Everything buffed overall, QoL changes and new FX
  • happiness and bliss
2 Likes

New graphics are beautiful and the rifthounds are really cute BUT there are now occasional glitchy bars across the display (I don’t know what they’re called, it’s a long translucent squiggly horizontal bar)

health bar?

Devs, PLEASE keep the original renderer as an option for the foreseeable future.

(I need that quality AA heh)

Besides the optional (for now) deferred renderer, everything is awesome!!

1 Like