Grim Dawn Version 1.1.4.0

Was this even a thing before, or is this a copy pasta from last patch notes? Can’t find the modifier in 1.1.3’s grimtools.

Also health bars + monster names at the top of the screen (when hovering/attacking) are way too big imo.

Other than that great patch, well done crate!!

2 Likes

indeed they are way too big

3 Likes

You guys mess with the female character model as well? My character suddenly gained a lot of weight especially in the abdomen and possibly, not one hundred percent, butt areas. It was noticeably jaring enough to make me wonder if my video settings were fracked.
I liked that this game had a fairly athletic looking female model that wasn’t some fetish fantasy. This, however, is breaking my immersion and I’m losing interest in these characters as I already can’t stand the male model and especially its voice.

So far from what i’ve played i like most up to all Changes.
I love the new Top-Hud Healthbar, it looks more modern & fitting and less outdated compared to the old one, and i don’t find it to big or taking to much place. I also use surprisingly the Healthbars on-screen for enemies due they also don’t feel like foreign bodys but fits into the game. Searchbar work pretty neat and will easier to look for stuff. Autopickup for Components and Materials (finally) YES! And i actually feel an FPS boost with Graphic Mode… Normal / Veteran is also nicely adjusted so yeah, for me one of the best Updates so far.

Thank you Crate!

One problem I have with the Monster HUD is the size of it. To be honest, I don’t think using gothic font here is a good idea in general, because in the heat of combat, you want to be able to quickly read the monster’s name and attributes (charger, regenerator…) and that was much easier with the standard font before.

However, the current font is huge! I mean, huge! E.g., I’m using a ranged character, and I’m attacking monsters that are coming at me from the top of the screen, and I literally can’t see them because the name of the monster my cursor is currently fixed at is blocking them. Really, the font is too big, and it interferes with playing the game in the first place.

I really think the font should be decreased in size.

Other than that, I’m loving the new patch. The fps gain is very noticeable, and the new skills fx are interesting. I didn’t like the new Sigil at first, but I’m already digging it. I’m not sure about the Thermite mines (the visuals, the new mechanics are perfect). One thing I would maybe like differently, is that the buffs from the exclusive skills or auras should be a bit more noticeable than the basic buffs. E.g. when you toggle Possession on, it is less obvious than when you toggle Solael’s Witchfire or Blood of Dreeg. Maybe it would make more sense if it was the other way around. But this is nitpicking.

Really, the Monster HUD size should be smaller, it is very distarcting right now. Everythin else is pretty good!

4 Likes

Alright so I don’t have the deferred rendering option under video settings and I have a GTX 980M. My render device has always been listed as my integrated graphics, but I figured it was just a typo since GD isn’t the only game that’s reported that before. However, I’m wondering if it’s thinking I don’t have DX11 because it’s not picking up my 980 instead. I don’t have the option to select as a render device either?

My internal graphics are capable of DX12 as well so I don’t know what the deal is…

Those look great, eager to try the new thermite mines casting when I won’t liquify over my KB from the heat anymore.

It’s not just the huge font in monster hud that is distracting but the bigger health bar and the brighty red on it which seems to shout “look at me!”

A toggle to old/new monster hud would be very appreciated!

2 Likes

The female model was broken. She was hunched over and had a huge belly. Was extremely deformed and hardly athletic.

With Lunal’Valgoth’s sudden inversion of converting Chaos to Vitality from the reverse my Chaos Witchblade just took a heck of a hit. There is no good replacement and according to Stasher, the only armor piece with Vitality to Chaos is the Mask of the Harbinger at 25%… an Item I was already going to include.

Wow i can’t believe you call this a patch. That is like an expansion or pretty dang close to one.
Thank you

2 Likes

Looks great!

Lots of fun non-set mix & match tweaks added. Boots! Chaos to acid items added. Quite a lot of +skills to items.

Wow. Nice.

Second that, should be a bit smaller

Otherwise, great patch

I mostly like all the changes except allagast’s stormbox nerf.

Damn you Zantai.

It’s not going away since it’s required for DX9.

We only changed her posture so the spine isn’t broken. She also no longer has awkward robe boners in certain armors.

2 Likes

Game looks amazing.

Thanks for the patch. But you should respect a little better those who do not understand English and who can not find their language. In this case, it would be wiser to let the player choose to install, or not, the patch. Or, deliver the language file with your update.

We do, by sending text files to community translators weeks in advance.

Translations are handled by the community, done by your fellow players in their free time. Naturally they are not going to release an updated one the Moment we release a patch.

3 Likes

With all the possible iterations of gear, sometimes things do slip through with changes.

As you work on your build, you are always welcome to post feedback on it. Sometimes other players can point you to improvements. And if it turns out that this belt change is detrimental to the performance of builds we did not foresee, we can amend that down the line.

3 Likes

TBH, if that’s how you and some other Guys feel and crate consider this, than i’d rather have a setting (maybe between big, medium and small) where everyone can choose them for themself, due the size is perfect for me. Unlike before i actually see it midst combat…

/Edit:
About the Font the same, i’d rather have the option to choose for myself, because while i get the point of the suggestion, this Font actually fits the Grim Dawn theme and make it visually more immersive. If they would use an more visible/standart font it would look like an foreign body again, which i find rather bothering(and a reason why i never used healthbars in GI - > and yeah i know they are customizable…)

I’d rather would be grateful that you (we) have Translations, made by the community, because and that counts even more for Indie-Games it’s not industry-standart to have one …