Grim Dawn Version 1.1.6.0

Removing the +1 to all skills on Cataclysm’s Eye was still necessary in that case as it was just providing a band-aid for all of those builds.

What should be done now then is going through all of the pet builds effected and if they’re found to be unviable following tweaks and playtesting, suggest replacements or replacement changes to existing pet off-hands or other items to compensate for Cataclysm Eye losing the +1 to all skills.

And why would you do that? AAR still works very well. Afaik still the strongest spellbinder.

Please don’t complain about every nerf. It takes away attention from comments that might actually lead to something constructive. Some nerfs are good, are needed, and AAR nerf was definitely top 3 on that list.

So was Morgo nerf and Spite nerf. Cyclone still needs some, imo.

I’m not saying it wasn’t. My only comment is that Cataclysm was used because of lack of alternatives. There’s still no alternative outside Blood Orb of Chthon. Even with the conversion buff turned off, it’s still probably better than anything else for generic conjurers. So, basically, it boils down to a stun res nerf to pet conjurers.

2 Likes

I’d have to agree with the notion of the underlying problem with the change to the Cata set in regards to pet builds.

Using items for “off label” uses is the very essence of what an ARPG is. This, of course, is a very biased opinion on my part since I only ever build that way.

I think a good passing of all pet off hands should be done over the next few patches would make headway to see what can be done to compensate.

More importantly, because of the Cata set change, I think the changes that were done to the procs all those patches ago needs to be reverted. We now have to give up an ammy, off hand, and belt for a non competitive proc and +1 skills…when I could get procs, +3 to various class skills, and other skills by using other items. The procs just don’t make up for that.

Again this is a biased opinion of course.

Due to the seemingly thematics of the set, I would love to see those 3 pieces turned into a proc fiesta. Lots of procs for wearing the whole set. That’s all it does. 3 stat sticks with lots of procs on the set bonuses.

4 Likes

I think the lack of variation on pet off-hand can be lessened with another item (relic or pants?) that make them enable to DW melee or ranged, since no DW enabled item that also buff pet stat.

Perhaps moving the Mogdrogen’s Ardor ability to the base item, and give the relic a passive ability to use DW melee or ranged? Something like this

Sometimes it takes a band-aid to save a soldier.

Why i love generic items like Harmony pants, Magelord boots or former Anguish belt, is exactly for this reason. They are all band-aids. They allow to create builds on unorthodox platforms starved with stats and skills. You know, like fire Nightblade, for instance.

I guess this is where some players like me and the devs have complete opposite perspective on the game balance in aRPG: i don’t think it’s unhealthy to have generic items as BiS in some concepts. In my opinion, they exist for this purpose exactly.

I was really excited by 1.1.5.0 changes to blue items as it’s shown lots of love to generic items. Now these changes are slowly beeing reverted.

The only thing i’d really like to know is what happened to the Anguish belt. Just by looking at it prior to release of 1.1.5.0 you could tell it’ll find its way into some class-combos that don’t have good +1/+2 skills belts. Hence the intention was to allow for such builds to exist.

So why just one patch after that it was decided to remove the belt from the endgame completely? Not just fix the proc and nerf it, but outright remove it? Final Match was nerfed to a healthy state btw.

3 Likes

There’s too many big brain geniuses on here today for me to get involved in the debate. I’d obviously just embarrass myself.

Instead, I’ll leave the rest of you with a hint of something coming in v1.1.6.1…

39 Likes

Another genius gamedesign is coming :sweat_smile:

The conduit doesn’t change the visuals currently?

Hasn’t for a long time. I remember asking someone to check sometime in AoM and they responded that the visuals didn’t change.

Show them the secret circle of PP Zantai

Thanks, I’ve never crafted Inquisitor Conduits before. If arcane_undo is right, it might be good that I just finished leveling a Vindicator. That looks sick!

is there even a way to get the skillpoints and damage bonus for it to work? It’s a 3node skill.

Looks badass. Hope it synergizes with Raddagan

2 Likes

Daaamn that looks sick.

Don’t know how it will turn out to work but it’s looking gorgeous.

Unintentional performance is not something the devs can predict, but that doesn’t mean the build itself wasn’t made up by the devs. Every single spec, combo, synergy is made up by the devs themselves and not the players.

People are using performance of a build as a sign the dev didn’t come up with that build, which is couldn’t be further from the truth. The build was made up by the devs, the perfomance wasn’t.

Anyway, i’m done with this topic since it’s clearly a waste of time.

Another great update from my favorite company for precious game! Thank you <3

1 Like

I hope it also come with no point blank damage penalty to RoH… :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t much care for necromantic stuff but that is one sick RoH. :smile:

Seriously Crate you could do a DLC that’s nothing but new gfx for converted skills and I’d buy it twice over.

3 Likes

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:
10char