Grim Dawn Version 1.1.6.0

Still got a partial 1/3 Riftstone in my stash :frowning: Everything else seems to have combined fine. The UI has cleaned up nicely, though kinda bummed the combine button didnā€™t hang around for just a sec longer so I donā€™t have to add all the newly completed partials to the same stack manually :smiley: First world problems!

Otherwise, absolutely love all the stuffs thatā€™s happening. Been refreshing the forums impatiently for two days now waiting for this to drop :smile:

About 60 posts earlierā€¦ (i just needed to write something here)

Great looking patchā€¦ Thanks Z and crew!

Btw, just noticed this area in East Marsh. Anybody know how to get across the bridge?

2 Likes

Best guess at the moment is that it will somehow tie into whatever new content we have coming in 1.1.7.0. Iā€™m assuming you saw the screens of Z dropping hints of the Twin Falls bridge. Personally I believe there is some connection here.

3 Likes

So there are a lot of Primal Strike changes here that I"m not quite sure how to parse. The transmsuter had its total damage penalty nearly doubled, in exchange for a bonus to weapon damage, which suggests that weapon choice has a large impact on overall damageā€¦except that the actual skills (and gear modifiers for it) got a damage boost too, so Iā€™m not sure what the net change is or whether Primal Strikeā€™s overall power has been adjusted up or down. Can someone clarify?

Some headscratching changes, some understandable changes, some interesting changes. I would just like to note 2 of changes that need to be reverted:

• Seal of corruption should still have at least aether RR. Single RR aether build that is not arcanist is already struggle with RR and reaper. Also if there is no RR, this seal is practically useless.
  • Bane of Winter King should not have CDR. Itā€™s crazy. This 2H sword is already super good. You need to omit it otherwise soulrend will be looks even worse than before.
2 Likes

dumbledore-clapping

th

-thats-interesting-meme-1

b5hsc

4 Likes

Seriously though, after I tried my luck in another ā€œaRPGā€ (quotation marks intentional) released lately, I must say this is top professionalism.

5 Likes

Iā€™m loving the totems. This is a real gamechanger for HC classless. Especially if youā€™re doing self found. Also helps with XP gain and keeps the environments exciting.

1 Like

Gosh, I hope itā€™s the last time when Z changing the rules. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I would prefer patches that add new items rather then respec existing ones. All this Nerf Wars are becoming more and more tiresome.

1 Like

Warborn Gavelā€™s War Cry mod is still doing nil, even dual-wielded. Can we take an example from Mark of the Farseer and change it to something like 450 trauma over 3 seconds?

Any chance for bigger more readable fonts in lore note UI window? :slight_smile:. On bigger screens (hello Xbox) notes will be very hard to read. Great patch @Zantai but why so few nerfs? :frowning: You are getting old just like me with this ā€˜too small to read fontā€™ stuff :wink: take care! GP.

Were there any changes to monter values, in particular in Crucible?
Iā€™m being killed by things and hits i was never killed by before and so far no luck figuring out why.

1 Like

I dismantled mine out of rage before updating. Maybe shouldā€™ve saved it but oh well, hopefully someone else posts it.

Crate, can you PLEASE learn how to write patch notes properly? Iā€™ll give just one random example:

Thunderous Strike: increased % Total damage penalty to -33% and reduced % Weapon damage penalty to -60%

This is how you SHOULD write them:

Thunderous Strike: increased % Total damage penalty from -18% to -33% and reduced % Weapon damage penalty from -85% to -60%

Because of how you write the patch notes, we have no idea how much things have changed, which doesnā€™t really tell us anything. Itā€™s annoying as fuuudgeā€¦

7 Likes

Classic!! I will use that irl,name changed as I go.

@Zantai i noticed fps drops even on the lowest settings at 1080p, turned deferred rendering off and the game became much smoother.

Before the patch deferred rendering had positive effect on performance and i was able to game with no fps issues at 1440p mid-to-low settings.

my specs are RTX2060 (mobile), i7-9750h, win 10 64x.

Glad to see this change being made. Should free up a lot of inventory space.

1 Like

itold-you-so-memecrunch-com-i-told-you-so-50365025

3 Likes

Nice, Targo set got buffed.

2 Likes