Grim Dawn Version 1.1.7.0

I want to personally and warmly thanks all the Crate team for this tremendous update. :orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::sparkling_heart:

Despite all the mess in the world today, you keep us warm and happy playing at a fabulous game.

I have spent so much time on this game during my confinement. You are part of my daily life (almost daly :sweat_smile:), sweet and safe spare time. :pray:

But, well next time, make an Audible version of the changelog, it’s too long to read. :rofl::rofl:

“Fixed issue where Riftclaw Slicers could not drop…so, uh, enjoy an old Monster Infrequent that’s “new” since it didn’t drop for over a year.”

I find it funny, maybe you have other incredible things, not activated ? :sweat_smile:

So if I understand well, an item can receive a mythical version, only if it’s not already level 94 ? Cindertouch was not planned to have its mythical one for example ?

I find it curious with all the nightfall nerfs on various items that Morg set still has +7 (8 counting helm’s +1 NB. There’s the matter of ensuring the set can cap the skill, but here is Morg swimming in more points than it could ever need. Add soulrend, add a loxblade, or take Night’s Embrace the shadow strike amulet and a +1 nightblade belt or relic and you’re there. Builds will be taking a combination of these parts and then some. The only purpose I see for it lies in giving extra skill points just so you can pump other skills but that feels like a lopsided balancing approach since the impact of those extra points will vary greatly depending on what other parts are in play (favoring loxblades of all things as soulrend is comfortably padded on skill points.)

Umm, what the hell happened to the graphics? I zoom out and everything turns blurry…

EDIT - never mind. Seems the “blur distance” option was turned on somehow.

Great patch as usual, good job Crate! Keep it up, looking forward to bridges in 1.1.8! :smiley:

some typos I guess

2 Likes

amazing as always new items to find an new illusions but i am still sad that we cant change backgrounds to original grim dawn and ashes of malmouth well csgo did it i was begging for crate but volvo did it out of the blue still love crate and my wallet is ready for you if you realese something grim dawn = best rpg game ever made 5k hours diablo 2 3k titan quest

Background can be changed unofficially, courtesy of @GlockenGerda: [Request] Main Menu Selection.

1 Like

There are changes to some other skills as well. War Cry at 12/12 now covers almost the whole screen. It’s glorious.

What a strange patch. No nerfs :face_with_raised_eyebrow: @Zantai is getting old, really…

Just look around, we have #dedbuilds claims starting to fly

xxx

More Olexra builds coming! :slight_smile:

So is it a buff?

Screenshot_6
Or a nerf?

Oh, Scales of Ulcama survived. How nice! Awesome changes to the whole wps system. Nice nice! But…

I did always say there is too much conversions in the game. But removing core stats from items, sacred stats, that always been there? Now, Cindertouches = blue Thundertouch Braces with a different proc and less resistances. Pls hotfix it back.

Another patch another 10,000 dead builds. What is SS gonna use now? Could’ve given that 10% phys res to Soulrend.

Erm… and how about +15% constitution as a cherry on top?

That’s really great. However, every one of them costs core stats - mainly res and armor - that many builds can’t afford losing especially those that struggle with cc res, too. I’d rather have those cc res by buffing Leathery Hide so that it gives 20% each at the cost of the universally BiS and still un-nerfed Prismatic Diamond.

This is basically a trade-off of being prone to one rng death for another rng death.

Prismatic diamond has been nerfed multiple times :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

If not now, what patch should I wait to say “missing stats? Use a green”

2 Likes

Not this time it wasn’t! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And it’s still kinda untouchable. I’d really love to see Leathery Hide buffed instead of giving cc res to slots already taken by things that provide core defensive stats. But I guess it’s a done deal already. And 95% builds gonna love it because - being soldiers - they now have suberb selection of defensive stats everywhere. :wink:

The sad part is that I know you’re actually being serious when you say this.

Not only does this patch have the largest changelog to date, it also has the biggest buff to nerf ratio (excluding hotfixes and very old patches because I just couldn’t dig that far back). It’s fine to complain about nerfs that you don’t like, but exaggerations like yours are just overshadowing any legitimate points that you’re trying to make

3 Likes

Also, last thing, I’m very salty for no ranks to Nidalla’s Justifiable Ends anywhere new. I knew Bane would go but why no conciliation for all the SS builds?

Sure, I don’t deny, but most things are like “+10 dmg to vitality Grenado” or “+100% constitution to hybrid chaos-acid Horn of Gandahar.” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You might not like the tone or choice of words but (almost :wink:) everything I say is legitimate. You might only see the whining but I’m actually providing feedback here. Zantai already knows he’s awesome. He don’t need another 100 posts saying how awesome he is. But some of these “rants” and “exaggerations” actually resulted in good changes to the game in past.

So, Shadow Strike builds now drop Bane and lose 10% phys res. Because ranks to NJE are only available at a very narrow selection of gear, SS builds now gotta get by with 7% physical resistance, and there is really nothing they can do about it. Something had to be done about Bane, no doubt. But alts should have been buffed ACCORDINGLY.

Considering that a lot of builds don’t even go for 100% armor absorption, but rather stop at 92% to take an extra diamond or bone, and I’m obviously talking about builds which don’t go past the 2k armor mark, I guess we’ll see a lot more topaz components on rings than before.

Now the choice depends on your build’s bleed and stun resistances. Topaz will be better if you need that extra stun res and are bleed overcapped, Crystal will be better otherwise.

Crystal is still very powerful, but hey, there is some more to think now before brainlessly going for crystal everywhere.

1 Like

Sure, all for diversity but in many cases “brainlessly going for crystal” is now “butthurtedly going for crystal knowing that 10% stun res is out there for the lucky few who don’t need that armor/bleedres”

GD keeps crashing mid game and I keep sending them reports. :frowning: but hey it will probably be patched later.