Grim Dawn Version 1.1.7.0

Yeah. It’s the little stuff like this that I appreciate more than anything. Really shows that they still care about improving the game.

Wow big changes. I have to check some of my builds. :slight_smile:

Always hyped when a new updated drops! So happy you guys at Crate keep supporting this game and the passion you put into it really shows :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, no kidding this is indeed a huge changelog. On time too, I just finished my second playthrough of XCOM Chimera Squad, and thought to come back to GD again.

Good move. I have done Steps of Torment more times than I could count, and I still have no rings from Alkamos. Similarly, I did tons of runs at the Temple of the Three on the appropriate levels for the blueprint for the caster helmet to drop from the Sentinel, but no luck.
Btw, something like this should be done for some regular bosses too. I have finished the game countless times and yet I only ever had Ravna drop her shield once. I even did extra runs with my shield-based character to get it but nothing since then.

Awesome! Now I can once again keep the Primal Spirit around practically all the time with my Conjurer build.

Can you Z slightly reduce the effectiveness of buff potions, as several builds have high successful rate (also fast clear/kill time) vs epic bosses coz of pharma addict.

Umm… why? Buff potions are optional. If you think they are too strong, do not use them?

3 Likes

Thank you for the new patch! :smiley:

What is an epic boss?

it’s not only the Bloodsworn Sceptre, the Orb of the Black Flame off-hand changes the FX to red as well
Comparison without (left) and with (right) that off-hand:

1 Like

Dear Crate,

I would like to express my greatest appreciation for listening to this suggestion and just wanted to log in to say two words:

THANK YOU

7 Likes

I wish that there is Wind Devil transmuter for melee’s that makes it permanent but limits the summon limit to one and modifies lower damage :frowning: I certainly prefer spammin pet attack rather than Wind Devil when I’m just using it for RR.

Didn’t even know the Eldritch Hound had such a skill. I don’t remember the description showing it.

Now we just need to remove/change its awful sound effect :smile:

Best change in the game’s history as far as I’m concerned.

1 Like

I want to personally and warmly thanks all the Crate team for this tremendous update. :orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::sparkling_heart:

Despite all the mess in the world today, you keep us warm and happy playing at a fabulous game.

I have spent so much time on this game during my confinement. You are part of my daily life (almost daly :sweat_smile:), sweet and safe spare time. :pray:

But, well next time, make an Audible version of the changelog, it’s too long to read. :rofl::rofl:

“Fixed issue where Riftclaw Slicers could not drop…so, uh, enjoy an old Monster Infrequent that’s “new” since it didn’t drop for over a year.”

I find it funny, maybe you have other incredible things, not activated ? :sweat_smile:

So if I understand well, an item can receive a mythical version, only if it’s not already level 94 ? Cindertouch was not planned to have its mythical one for example ?

I find it curious with all the nightfall nerfs on various items that Morg set still has +7 (8 counting helm’s +1 NB. There’s the matter of ensuring the set can cap the skill, but here is Morg swimming in more points than it could ever need. Add soulrend, add a loxblade, or take Night’s Embrace the shadow strike amulet and a +1 nightblade belt or relic and you’re there. Builds will be taking a combination of these parts and then some. The only purpose I see for it lies in giving extra skill points just so you can pump other skills but that feels like a lopsided balancing approach since the impact of those extra points will vary greatly depending on what other parts are in play (favoring loxblades of all things as soulrend is comfortably padded on skill points.)

Umm, what the hell happened to the graphics? I zoom out and everything turns blurry…

EDIT - never mind. Seems the “blur distance” option was turned on somehow.

Great patch as usual, good job Crate! Keep it up, looking forward to bridges in 1.1.8! :smiley:

some typos I guess

2 Likes

amazing as always new items to find an new illusions but i am still sad that we cant change backgrounds to original grim dawn and ashes of malmouth well csgo did it i was begging for crate but volvo did it out of the blue still love crate and my wallet is ready for you if you realese something grim dawn = best rpg game ever made 5k hours diablo 2 3k titan quest

Background can be changed unofficially, courtesy of @GlockenGerda: [Request] Main Menu Selection.

1 Like

There are changes to some other skills as well. War Cry at 12/12 now covers almost the whole screen. It’s glorious.