Grim Dawn Version 1.1.7.0

I have had that happen a good portion of the time since the Forgotten God Expansion came out where I get the same epic to drop on me in the same game session. I have mixed feelings when it happens. I always try to find more new epics along the way.

I don’t like this but understand the concept behind it I guess. Some love to base only game owners?

I’ts OK, but would have preferred something like 8-10% retal damage added to attack to savagery instead of only 6%.

The other changes are really cool though overall.

I 100% lost interest in pets after all my(and other people’s) complaining about snapshotting being OP and tedious got snapshotting nerfed.

Edit: Changes look interesting. Garg pistols are finally viable, gotta go mess with em.

1 Like

I believe the one drop/session-rule only applies to Legendary items, no?
Blacksteel Gauntlets are Epic.

I had 2 M. Glory of the Silver Knight helmets dropped in the same session, happened in the previous patch though.

Thx for the update and still paying attention to this great game!

This is a nice update overall, more cool MIs and loot-hunting, also big thanks for buffing Inashkor Head offhand :slightly_smiling_face:. But…

What a cool conduit it was (Flashbang one) :slightly_frowning_face:. Why was it remade?
and

More nerf to Clairvoyant Warlocks (again), more buff to monstrous Spellbinders. Nice :disappointed:.

1 Like

I’m glad that Elemental characters have now a pretty neat combo to max out Disruption Resist:

Capture Capture2

3 Likes

Why wasn’t The Praetorian set given a Mythical version?

Because we’re already Mythical. :wink:

2 Likes

At first glance i don’t like this too, or better, I fail to understand how it works and how much is a DPS change especially if you focused on Savagery by boosting AS in order to benefit from high RAtA boni. Is it global retaliation that is “active” and so it works globally when Savagery charges are on or is it straight retaliation damage added to savagery and behaves like retaliation damage added to attack, but fixed this time?
BTW base game owners don’t have Skill modifiers (as stated in the changelog only MI modifiers for base game owners).

Well it’s a general set good for ppl who like to stack more sets on top and its fashion :sunny:

I had ~70-75k DPS on Savagery before 1.1.7.0 now only 32k (same buffs in town of course). The build - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2M86nWN

Feel free to offer input on the build’s performance now and where it needs a bump that does not involve it being a glorified auto-attack build with excessive damage values.

Retaliation added to Attack for auto-attack skills had gotten too high to the point where the line between a Retaliation playstyle and an auto-attack playstyle was completely blurred.

2 Likes

My input is the build didn’t deserve further nerfs (besides those done in the previous patch). It was far from being OP rather pretty slow in killing speed. Not good for fast farming.

Lightning retaliation was in a good spot far from being too strong. What do you call ‘a retaliation playstyle’? Just stand and wait for mobs to hit you till they die? I 've always believed RatA was introduced to make a retaliation gameplay more engaging and enjoyable. Or not? Is it possible at least buff 6% to 8% rata on Dawnbreaker’s Sledge?

I have a similar build, but built to be more offensive to kill stuff quicker (and of course is squishier too) that now has only 43k in Savagery. It’s been some months that i don’t play, but If I remember correctly it had something around 100k dps.
It was not a 100% retaliation build, it was some sort of hybrid retaliation/auto attack build. And I liked that way, I liked you could create a more active retaliation build. Now it seems it wouldn’t be so efficient to focus on attack speed since RAtA is too low; Savagery will be mainly used passively for buffs, so just another classic “hit me” retaliation build.

Then what’s the point of RAtA added in FG? I thought it was another mean to create something that resembles an auto attack build, but with damage coming from other sources. On normal auto attackers you focus on the standard flat damage and +% X type damage, on RaTA builds on the retaliation counterparts. And this is not a small difference, since you would build your char in a very different way and you would not pick the same gear/devotions compared to a normal damage counterpart build.
I don’t know if RaTA was meant to be this way, but I liked the fact you could create some auto attack/Retaliation hybrid.

If RaTA for this set was too high before then lower it (or maybe increase the one on the sledge), but not so much like in this update.

I will not talk about performance, I’m not expert in this since I’m not a minmaxer and crucible speedrunner, i just wanted to give my 2 cents about the fact that maybe it’s not a bad thing that in some rare cases the line between a retaliation and an autoattacker is blurry.

2 Likes

:heart: /10char

1 Like

RatA yes.

But if the last A means auto attack and not another skill like CS , Aegis, devos or any CD skill, it can be exploited.

I didn’t like the change at first but i understood it eventually and can be worked around.

I don’t do Dawnbreaker builds but last month i’ve done loads of testing on Hellborne, Stoneguard, and all Aegis Rata builds. all were buffed or adjusted to fit builds better.

Same can be done with Dawn if anyone takes the time to provide the imput

2 Likes

How can that be ‘exploited’? I’m not the greatest pilot or build creator but out of my 6 builds my Lightning Retaliator is currently the slowest one and least enjoyable to play. If RatA for auto attacks is an exploit then devs should not allow that mechanic for skills like Savage or Righteous Fervor.

all best possible sources of lightning retaliation damage are used in that build and not that I can say there are too many of them in GD to begin with. If you can come up with something better i would gladly hear you.

it’s not about coming up with something better. I believe it is as you say, that it’s not fun to play. just give crate feedback on your build, describe it, show a GT, vid if you can, if not it’s also fine.

If i even had a dawnbreaker build i would have done this, but there were too many to test

1 Like