Grim Dawn Version 1.1.7.1 Hotfix 1

Zantai, this is still not nearly enough to revive Lightning PRM. Split the Cold damage in equal halves, please.

%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5

That is a damage breakdown on PRM’s build with pure Lightning devotions.

EDIT: this is a damage breakdown before Cindertouch nerf (still predominantly Fire but least playable)

That was a really quick hotifx with a lot of feedback taken into account.
Thank you a lot for the love you’re still showing for this awesome game!

So the amulet is now strictly for chaos ray or chaos ignaffar now, not that I really mind the change but I hope the amulet itself receive a slight buff for the occultist part either +second rite or +solael witchfire and a bit more aether resistance (15-25).

My physical ray definitely get a hit, haven’t start new patch yet but I hope it can balance the extra damage from 1.1.7.0

Previously it was 11-17%, so a minor buff it is

Thank you! About the avenger losing 3% physical resistance in exchange for more duration is a welcome for me.

thats good. i thought this happen to me , because i was playing in a modded session. (mainly on the upper Necropolis portal)

Thank you Crate team

The more damage the better since Trickster has already so many skills to cast and helm slot is a huge commitment.

Looks nice to me, this hotfix is Fair.

1. Why the aether AAR hate all of a sudden?

2. I would really like to see some changes to cold Shadow Strike meta. It is stale, it is nerfed every patch, it is plain as day and set in stone. More ranks to NJE please. And more phys res that gear for it.

In case there were still people left in the world who didn’t use the green belt instead.

3 Likes

I was just thinking this, too. Recent patches are like 95% buffs, and nerf nerf nerf to AAR. Does anyone really feal it was that OP?

2 Likes

Uhm… 7-8 patches ago?

2 Likes

Nice patch. I don’t understand the removal of flat cold from Spellbreaker Waistguard, though.

They should really do something about the affixes for MIs. Since the previous patch, same affix combos are dropping, a lot (e.g. “Destroyer’s” or “Shaman’s” Rolderathis Tome “of Frostbite”. All the time. I’m not saying that making drops better was wrong, but now the drops are simply too good.

2 Likes

Yes, but not anymore though. It didn’t need more nerfs.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! The lighting retaliator is in a much better spot now. Not as fast as other builds but sturdy and reliable as it should be.

korvaak cultists: KORVAAK! SAVE ME~~~~
korvaak: I DON’T STAND A CHANCE AGAINST CELESTIAL CRATE!!! WAIT, THIS MEANS I CAN HAVE MORE DREDGES AND RAGEFLAMES… THANK YOU CELESTIAL CRATE!!!

1 Like

+1 That is a very nice solution indeed!

the ‘good’ celestials in grim dawn like empyrion & menhir are always associated with fire/lightning/physical/aether/elemental. spear of heavens itself is aether+lightning. and the lore obviously states those celestials as the old master of the aetherials. so aetherial element is their domain too, combined with the 3 elements, they create many realms as they see fit.

if anything, the aetherial invaders and undead-lover necromancers seems to have fixation with aether+vitality damage, which from in game lore are often accompanied with suffering, insanity, addiction to draining life essence, and deaths. very similar to the theme of chaos, ravager, solael and yugol.

its a hard thing to adjust lore consistency and gameplay balance, with thousands or more items out there. we should be glad that there’s no empyrion focused items that increase chaos damage, or yugol items that increase fire & lightning damage (yugol bringing the fireworks!!!fun time!!!) if those things happened it’s pretty derpy from lore perspective.

imo removing the conversion completely was too much. Reduce it by half but leave plz.

1 Like

AAR plz…

And don’t buff skeletons coz they are super strong anyway… oh wait…

I see some hate for aether AAR again…

Yesssss.

Whyyyyyyyy?

Nooooo.

Yessssss.

Runes need more love!!!

Awesome.

Like others I am surprised by the nerf to spellbreaker waistguard. Other than gargoyle waistguard MI, it is the only cold nightblade belt, does that mean cold nightblades were performing, across the board, above average enough to warrant a nerf to them all?

Otherwise, thanks for the update, always pleased to see all the time and effort put into the game!

2 Likes

The set is still dominantly Lightning/Electrocute over Aether. It’s not out the question for well-known mortals to utilise Aether either, even a few members of the Erulan Inquisition like Allagast dabbled so one can argue they’re fine with it if it is controlled.

If you want to look at it another way, it’s also another neat example of how some of the righteous forces in Grim Dawn are willing to use whatever powers they can (even if malevolent or drawn from their enemies) if it aids them in their quest as is the case with Kymon’s Chosen - to them, the ends justify the means.

Lets at least try to be realistic hm? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes