Grim Dawn Version 1.1.8.0

All those AAR builds are definitely not a #deadbuild.

1 Like

I understand the reason you worry, but as i check up in-game stat, aether AAR spellbinder and fire AAR sorc are still strong as hell, with DPS still higher than 220k with permenant buff, and still clear crucible or sr7x safely. Remove %dam in Disinte actually got a great utility, since you dont need to mod conversion skill to get full dam. AAR now only got flat dam, so you only need global conversion to make it work

4 Likes

You do realise the change is just a loss of somewhere between +200-350% damage off of around +2500-3000% damage as a ballpark estimate (factoring in the bonus to Spirit and any temporary buffs like Clairvoyance for Clairvoyant as well).

And this is only for AAR, gear or devotion procs that also contribute a substantial amount of any builds damage would have to be nerfed separately (assuming any did receive any). I’m not saying it’s not small but I highly doubt those builds are “unplayable” afterwards.

4 Likes

Im saying that some peeps complain of a build’s “OPness” based on a cherry picked run from a pilot that did hundreds of them, but if you actually request them to try running the toon they wont come even halfway close tot that result, and in some cases, they wont even stay alive to finish 151-170.

4 Likes

Yup and in case you missed the following paragraph of my statement it is as follows:

“Of course setting hard barriers also has its drawbacks which I won’t get into but are clearly evident“

1 Like

They all lost around 1000-2000 flat damage, not a deal breaker really.

/10chars ( :

2 Likes

Praise the Birbs!

2 Likes

100% Patch Notes converted to Grim Tools to Wall of Text

8 Likes

I only now noticed that Thermites lost 10% of RR instead of 5 as all other RRs.
Maybe give those 5 RR back? Fire builds like commando suffered more than they deserved.
(and commando was never OP).

7 Likes

+1 to this since the mines don’t trigger the RR right away and they only work in a small radius.

6 Likes

+1 to give back 5% RR to Thermite mine, considering that Thermite mines need 16 points to reach -30% compared to other RR skills with only 12 and 10 points in the case of Night’s Chill.

5 Likes

Thanks, but if you give Slathsarrs Creast % Aether damage (with smart loot filter) will be better.
Also I hope you will add +2 to Distotion to Faraths Cube.

4 Likes

Depending on which character I’m playing, 50% of Boris’ new buddies can kiss may ass.

:smiley:

Yep, +1, otherwise mines are the worst RR in the game… again :laughing:
TSS was already adjusted, so Iskandra Sorc lost a big time in killing bosses as well Infernal Shieldbreaker that was adjusted multiple times too

3 Likes

My 2 button warder now turn into 3 button warder :cry:

1 Like

“Areas previously inaccessible can now be explored”

These area’s can be anywhere. At least can we get a hint or something without having to check the forums for spoilers, which I never like to do. The world is so enormous at this point there can be a tiny path or bridge literally around every corner. And unless I’m full clearing maps which at this point I don’t feel like doing after many many playthroughs a couple hints would be nice.

I would say just put an NPC dialogue “hey I’ve heard there’s some trouble nearby ect…” in a town or camp in the general region of the inaccessible area for a hint. Thanks.

Okay boss I know you want us to make more meme builds, but the fact that there are no items support physical RE (both % dmg and + skill points). :sweat_smile:
Also can you add some ms to these slippers
https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/14142

I take my comment on the hint for locations on new zones back. Its fun to search.

4 Likes

Just as a followup:

The new areas are nice. I think there’s one or two I still haven’t found yet but my favorite so far is the corrupted tomb by the Broken Hills waypoint. It’s a fairly simple layout but something about the aesthetic appeals to me and the lore note is really well done.

That augment change, for being basically a one-liner in the patch notes, might be one of the biggest steps the game has ever taken for better build diversity. No longer do you have to hope that your legendary/set items happen to have the resistances you need to stay alive, if you get a decent rare or (which incidentally is also easier than it used to be) you can shore up the most glaring weaknesses.

Regeneration got some neat buffs. Probably not something you usually want to build around but Warders at least have some interesting options now.

OA/DA changes on Trickster skills still own. They own so very much. That is all.

1 Like

These changes reduce the reaper’s OA.

Equipment has also been weakened.

Devotion have also been weakened.
This is my bd:https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9DaaP2
He’s very slow.128 cast speed,119 attack speed.Soulrend has no speed bonus.I would like to add it to the next version.