Grim Dawn Version 1.1.8.0

At times like this I look back at the fandom wiki for an idea and I can’t even begin to fathom what the hell I’m looking at for old Lethal Assault.

1 Like

https://www.grimdawn.com/api/attachments/get.php?id=1404&stc=1&d=1380544249

From Misadventure #31. Seems Blade Trap used the current ABB icon

Looks like it worked like Explosive Strike from Fire Strike tree. So additional aoe damage for Lethal Assault duration

Yeah, it’s just amazing how much it’s changed compared to now is all. It’s a completely different skill enhancement.

Ok, I’ve now gone through all the new areas except for the East Marsh one and I gotta say. They’re really, really great. At first I was doubtful whether new areas were needed, GD already has one of the longest ARPG campaigns I’ve seen. But damn. They’re all so good and so distinct from the areas they connect to. The Coliseum offers interesting verticality for ranged characters to exploit and with its solid, paved surfaces is quite unlike anything you see in Arkovia. The final room of the Corrupted Tomb is GORGEOUS. The overworld areas seem surprisingly spacious, the Docks in particular. Just…great job on these, they are likely to become my favourite areas to explore when playing.

Gotta say though, they are BRUTAL to go through when levelling a character on Veteran. Monster Totems were already quite the challenge, usually way harder than most of the area they appear in. But Celestial Totem and some of these area bosses. Ouch. Rutnick’s Storm Spread close to one-shot my current character. Don’t even want to think what he’s like as melee.

26 posts were split to a new topic: Exploits and Honor Codes

HI guys,

quick question do u need to have all expanses to enjoy new locations? It showing me that game is updated but no access to new locations is available.

Thx in advance

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, you need both expansions for the game to explore the new areas.

Can I share an opinion? Not that it matters, but it’s different than what I usually hear, so I’ll do it to balance things out.

• Old Grove - I don’t think I get the joke exactly or why that place drops totally normal shields of all items, but it’s fine I guess.
  • Burrwitch Cathedral - I love the idea of bridge between East Marsh and Burrwitch being destroyed and sealed from both sides. It looks though like the Cathedral is in the middle of nowhere. For such an important-sounding building that had its own stone bridge the hard cut to marsh looks odd.
  • Coliseum (and new chest) - It’s good if a little remote. I would move it east closer to Old Arkovia. Maybe even add a second path leading to the southern end of Coliseum. As for the new “Hidden Spoils” chest at the southern tip of Twin Falls I think it should be hidden on the map (like Hidden Path I mean).
  • Sunward Spire, Steelcap Sewers, East Marsh South - These look good and are in good spots, but I’m not sure what they are for. They lack purpose for me, be it lore or quest-wise.
  • Corrupted Tomb - This I don’t like the most. It introduces Ch’thonian monsters too bluntly without enough build-up (unlike Blood Grove) or atmosphere of horror (unlike Cultist’s Lair, Depraved Sanctuary). They just… are there. It’s also quite clean geometrically (large halls, simple shape) which feels unfinished to me.
  • Arkovian Docks - Great job! We can finally repair that cursed bridge and sleep well. Docks are well connected, ruins and piers look great and even have lore to explain the enemies there. Awesome addition!
  • Celestial Totems - Another type of totem - sure, good idea. But I don’t get why they appear in arguably random locations. New areas are only “new” for existing players. Fresh explorers will never know why totems spawn there. And when they do touch them - they won’t have a clue what these monsters are. They’ll likely attribute Ch’thonic origins to them and only in FG understand more. But then there’s still no connection between, say, Tomb of Heretic and Arkovian Coliseum or Corrupted Tomb where new players will likely see their first Celestial Totems.
  • FG requirement - It was probably easier to only enable new map for FG, but I wish base game players could see their new locations too (without totems, sure).

I hope I don’t come off ungrateful. I still have hundreds of hours to spend in Grim…

1 Like

There’s been a long running joke/request/rant about the bridge south of Devil’s Crossing. In fact there are entire threads about just this particular bridge. To finally find out what is on the other side is just a Devil’s Crossing landfill is a Crate troll of epic proportions. At least this is my take on it, I think it’s hilarious. Certainly new players may not get that but then new players will most likely find it right away and it’s a freebie you get at the very start of your journey.

3 Likes

A video of Old Grove was the very first released for the game back in 2010. Sadly, it was never used in the game.

However, it obviously caught players’ interest because being able to visit Old Grove has been asked for again and again over the years since. Now Crate have finally allowed us to. :smile:

You do need to have the expansions and also to be L16 or higher otherwise the repair site won’t appear.

Hello @Zantai ,

will there be an hotfix for that update ?
I dont want to download the update (ie the full game because GOG ) if a hotfix come soon. If yes, i will wait for the update to be up on GOG server.

Thanks !

edit: and thanks for all the devs work on GD !

There will be a v1.1.8.1, yes, but as there have been no alarming issues, we are holding off for now to capture as many reports as we can before proceeding.

If history serves, I don’t think this will actually alleviate GOG’s issue with the v1.1.8.0 patcher though. You could try patching through Galaxy to not download the entire game.

4 Likes

That chest has always been there, but was actually hidden on the map like you suggest - seems like a bug to me to suddenly have it visible on the map…

Which one?

I presume this one - I noticed it this patch as well.

2 Likes

Hey I don’t know if it will help you, but i works for me everytime!

I use GOG, too.

Step 0: Turn of auto-patching
Step 1: Rightclick game -> Search foe updates to download update (loads a kinda corrupted update, important is game version) ~70 MB this patch
Step 2: Rightclick game --> Manage installation --> Repair install (fixes the issues of the patch and mirrors files to the correct game files) ~100 Mb repair files
Step 3: Play

Also isn’t the “Shield” a “Melee” Weapon. I kinda took it as a gag for the folks here who wished for a Dual-Shield Class?

Kinda like “You wanted that stuff? Well yeah we throw it in, but not in the way you might hoped for xP”

Yes, but the Totally Normal shields have been in the game for a while now. And yes, they were Crate’s answer to those people wanting to dual wield shields.

1 Like

That’s good to know, thanks.
I know that will not fix the issue with GOG. I had the issue Galaxy or not, so that would help me to know when to download the full game.

Maybe i should give it a new try, thanks.
I always used that way to update but didnt work before. The last time i tried was ~1.6 update, maybe GOG fixed something

1 Like